GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo 2 DEMO now at game......"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/10/02 at 15:42
Regular
Yeah I got a demo at dinner when I pre ordered PES 2. Dunno what it's like yet. Also does anyone know about some competition with the demo? Anyway :P
Tue 01/10/02 at 15:42
Regular
"  "
Yeah I got a demo at dinner when I pre ordered PES 2. Dunno what it's like yet. Also does anyone know about some competition with the demo? Anyway :P
Wed 02/10/02 at 05:24
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Hi Nat, the competition was partly being run by Playnation Mag which has now stopped publishing so I think competition has been cancelled - not 100% sure, staff at Game should know .... but then again
Wed 02/10/02 at 08:52
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Na†ßu© wrote:
> Yeah I got a demo at dinner when I pre ordered PES 2. Dunno what it's
> like yet. Also does anyone know about some competition with the demo?
> Anyway :P

Compo is still going ahead. Got my application form last night.
Wed 02/10/02 at 09:33
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
We dont have Game yet :(

What was EB is currently in bits as they have the builders in converting it with the fancy Purple Game logo and refit the store - I doubt it will be done by Saturday so I'll probably have to wait a few weeks :(
Wed 02/10/02 at 10:12
Regular
"  "
I been playing the demo. Quick review...

It wasn't as 'evolutionised' as I had hoped. By that the game is very similar to Pro Evo (1). The demo pits you (England) vs Brazil. The squads are the correct ones when England got beaten by Brazil in the World Cup (except the Brazilians are called crud things like, Noladinho). The settings are set as follows...

5 star difficulty.
Brazil full fitness (Red arrow).
England normal fitness (Green arrow).
Half a match taking up 4 mins.

It's quite hard, and at the end you get a code, but I have stuff all idea what it means (ie. number of goals? Possesion?)

Heres how I would rate it...

Graphics-

Still the same as Pro Evo. Noticible changes are things like different shaped numbers on back of shirts, mud that flicks off players boots, better camera angles, and possibly a rounder ball. The animation is also more fluid. The displays are all the same with identicle player name displays as before, but overall they are clear and crisp... just like before. 9/10

Sound-

Marginally better. Commentary is ok, but Peter Brackley still speaks out of place. "That was almost a goal!"...when the ball hits the corner flag. The crowd are better, and its good to see the home crowd boo's away goals. It is a bit odd though the way an away team scores and there is only boo's and no away crowd cheering. The music is still J-pop but the highlight and replay music is some sort of Ibiza style anthem. Which is better than before. 8/10

Gameplay-

Much better. It still feels like Pro Evo but the controls are much more responsive and its now easier to jink around defenders, without annoyingly running into them when sprinting... Heading is harder, goal keepers are better, and it's now easier to foul. You can even elbow someone in the air, and pull shirts.

Overall-

Like I have said before. It's alot like the old one. Changes are noticible but its not as 'new' as I had hoped. It still is a great football game and I suppose the similarity to Pro Evo is a good thing. It will still be the king...
Wed 02/10/02 at 13:47
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
copies this from computer&videogames

PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2 TOURNAMENT IS GO!

Konami is searching for the greatest player in Britain of the greatest football game in the world: mad prizes and details inside!

14:11 Get down to Game right now! Konami is looking for the king of Pro Evolution Soccer 2, and it could be you. What do you mean, "So what?" You do want a shot at winning £1,000 worth of Game products, a heap of Umbro gear, every game Konami releases for the next year and a coveted trophy don't you?
Course you do. All you have to do to get yourselves down to any of the Game stores listed below and either play a demo of PES2 and register your scores at the shop, or alternatively pre-order a copy of the game for £1.99 (redeemable against the full price of the finished title) and take a copy of the demo home before entering your score.

All entries must be in before October 13. The 128 players with the best scores will then head into regional finals to be held in Blackburn, Nottingham, Bristol and Oxford Street branches of Game between October 28-31.

You have to do this. You owe it to yourselves. Check out the list of stores then get down there and have a punt!

Glasgow, Buchanan Street

Dundee, Murraygate

Sunderland, High Street

Middlesborough, Linthorpe Road

Gateshead, Russell Way

Sheffield, Meadowhall

Leeds, Schofield Centre

Liverpool, Clayton Square

Manchester, Trafford Centre

Nottingham, Listergate

Stoke-on-Trent, The Potteries

Chester, Forgate Street

Blackburn, Market Way

Bolton, Newport Street

Bury, Millgate Centre

Wigan, Standish Gate

London, Oxford Street

Bournemouth, Avenue Centre

Southampton, West Quay

Reading, The Oracle

Guildford, High Street

Wimbledon, Broadway

Bluewater, Upper Rose Gallery

Colchester, Culver Street

High Wycombe, Octagon Centre

Hemel Hempstead, The Marlowes

Luton, Arndale Centre

Woking, Peacocks Centre

Edgeware, Broadwalk Centre

Enfield, Palace Gardens

Chatham, Pentagon Centre

Canterbury, High Street

Birmingham, Pallasades

West Bromwich, Sandwell Centre

Bedford, Midland Road

Wolverhampton, Dudley Street

Nuneaton, Queens Road

Cambridge, Lion Yard Centre

Northampton, Abingdon Street

Watford, Harlequins Centre

Peterborough, Queensgate Centre

Bristol, 30-32 Merchant Street

Yeovil, Quedam Centre

Winchester, High Street

Weymouth, Bond Street Centre

Plymouth, 81-83 New George Street

Fareham, Westbury Square

Exeter, High Street

Truro, Pyder Street

Barnstaple, High Street
Wed 02/10/02 at 13:53
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Shirt Pulling, Elbowing...

Excellant :D

Might have to pop down meadowhall very soon....

...like now for instance.
Wed 02/10/02 at 16:21
Regular
"es argh"
hey Nath, can you mail the demo to me if you get bored? Pwease

:D
Wed 02/10/02 at 16:25
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Na†ßu© wrote:
> Like I have said before. It's alot like the old one. Changes are
> noticible but its not as 'new' as I had hoped.
-------

I remember myself saying this aswell... and im not a Pro Evo fan.

You wouldnt listen.

I hate to say it, but, I TOLD YA SO!

:-P
Wed 02/10/02 at 22:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Well I'll be getting it anyway, as I never got PES1.

Can you just buy the demo for £2 or do you have to pre-order as well? Because I don't want to pre-order from Game if I can help it. Or can you just play the demo in the shop without paying? I don't think I'd be able to do that though, too many people watching, lack of self confidence...gah

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.