GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil Zero: what we know so far."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/09/02 at 19:34
Regular
Why the hell am I doing this? Most people are loving the remake of the original, and are looking forward in anticipation to RE0. I was also bored. So in case anyone didn't know any of the information here, I thought I'd put it up.

**SPOILERS**
This may contain spoilers, maybe not many, but still some. Not just from RE0, but also some from RE1. You have been warned...

Setting - set just before Resident Evil 1. One day, in fact. The Bravo Team of STARS have been sent in to investigate the strange murders in the area. Perhaps the Official Capcom page can explain it better than I can:

"Something terrible is seeping into the once pristine mountain air. The residents of Raccoon City go about their lives unaware of the dark fate that surrounds them. It’s only the beginning! Sent in to investigate a series of grisly murders in the area, S.T.A.R.S. Bravo Team scrambles into action. On the way to the scene, Bravo’s helicopter crashes. Although everyone survives, what they discover next is a gruesome site. An overturned military transport truck, riddled with corpses. Rookie member Rebecca Chambers is beginning to wonder what she got herself into. Bravo team is about to discover the evil nightmare that is growing all around them. "

The team get split up and Rebecca finds her way onto the train, known as the "Eclipse Express".
No other story details are certain, although I reckon the end of this game could also tie in with the end of the first game. It would be a bit stupid to end the game before the mansion has been dealt with, don't you think?

Characters:

Rebecca Chambers - STARS Bravo Team member, and medic for the whole crew. She's a young girl (18), fairly new and wet behidn the ears. She is also one of the main characters in this game.

Billy Coen - Another main character, this guy has just escaped from prison for a crime that he may or may not be guilty of. He is a former marine that was convicted of murdering 26 men, and while he was being transported there was an incident with the van, likely to involve zombies.

Mysterious Man - nothing is known about him. He wears a white robe and that's about all we know.

Albert Wesker - smooth talking back stabber from Resident Evil 1. We're not sure how he is involved in the storyline, but he's been working for Umbrella since 1967 (Wesker's Report).

William Birkin - genius scientist, also working for Umbrella since 1967 with Wesker. Injected himself with the G-virus in Resi 2 to stop the SWAT team getting his precious virus.

New features:

Character zapping - the two main characters (Rebecca and Billy) can be swapped between easily by pressing the Z button. There will be some areas that one character can't get to, you'll need to exchange items between the two and puzzles will involve using both characters. When one character is not being used it will be controlled by artificial intelligence, and you'll get a bleep over the radio when they're in danger. If one character dies it's game over. This should make a worthy addition to the series and create even more tension.

Item dropping - the item boxes that for some reason are all connected will be gone, replaced by a system where you just have to drop items on the floor instead. This will make for some easier moments and some harder moments, and will probably mean less running backwards and forwards because you forgot the damn crank.

Enemies:

Zombies - fairly obvious really. It just wouldn't be a Resident Evil without them. You should know what to expect by now; stumbling idiots who can infect you by biting. Some will probably puke acid. Also there are no crimson heads, as they say you won't visit the same areas a lot, and so it would be pointless to have them.

Leeches - little things that grab on and suck your blood. They most probably will have the power to poison. They'll be like the little snakes in all probability.

Dogs - no confirmation as yet, although they'll probably appear in a part of the game set outside.

Crows - you know what these guys are. They're okay for a few seconds, then they try to peck you to death.

Frogs - yes, simply giant frogs. About the size of hunters from the first game. They definitely have a shooting tongue attack, and are likely to have a jumping slap attack. Think a hybrid of hunters and lickers.

Scorpion - one of the known bosses. It's a huge scorpion, filling one of the carriages of the Eclipse Express. It has a huge tail (for a sting attack), and enormous claws (for a deadly slicing attack).

Centipede - another known boss. About the size of YAWN, the giant snake from RE1, although not quite as scary (I mean, a centipede - get a jar). Attacks are likely to be a bite attack and maybe a crush attack. I can't see it being very difficult.

Weapons:

None are confirmed, although there's bound to be a handgun, a knife, a shotgun, and the trademark infinite ammo rocket launcher if you complete it in under a certain time. Probably some extra costumes as well.

Well, that's it. Hope it helped :)
Fri 25/10/02 at 17:59
Regular
"^_^"
Yeah but they are good for the time being
Fri 25/10/02 at 17:52
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Bah, they can rot in hell if that's what it takes to get Resi 0 here quicker.
Fri 25/10/02 at 17:48
Regular
"^_^"
Yeah...*gets upset...holds head in hands*..but only 6 days till Eternal Darkness and Timesplitters 2
Fri 25/10/02 at 17:42
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Me too.....only just over four months to go! :)
Fri 25/10/02 at 17:37
Regular
"^_^"
I am really looking forward to this game
Fri 25/10/02 at 17:35
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
...I never get the hiccups when I'm scared. It would be realistic if her aim went askew during a hiccup, but somehow I don't think they'll implement it. :)
Fri 25/10/02 at 16:51
Regular
hahaha, to make it more realistic what should heppen is if lets say Rebbeca is slowly walking down the train or streets etc and a zombie pops out of nowhere, rebecca getsa fright and gets the hiccups, and if she hiccups whilst attacking her aim goes slightly off : )
Fri 25/10/02 at 16:12
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
No, Capcom, please don't take note. One of the elements of the game that increases the fear and teh tension is the lack of ammo. If you could just kick the crap out of anything that came near it wouldn't be such a good game, would it? It'd turn into some kind of beat 'em up, which I suppose is what you want.
Fri 25/10/02 at 14:28
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Well, it's just the idea of being able to use your bare hands to kill 'em.

Sad, I know, but it seems like a really good idea. Take note Capcom.
Fri 25/10/02 at 13:09
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Wouldn't really be so tense though would it...? The thing about resi was that although the camera restricted vision it built atmosphere, so a zombie could jump from around a corner and scare you. Although it'd be cool if you could puch and grab zombies in a MGS stylee. And then snap their necks. :D

But why in gods name would you want to touch one of those things anyway?!?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.