GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bye, bye Resi deal!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/09/02 at 09:52
Regular
It's a damn shame, but all those fallible Ninteno fans who didn't believe me when I said that Capcom were screwing them over with rehashed old games for their console will now have to eat the latest news, to my delight of course!!! ;)

Capcom jumped ship with the Resi deal because it wasn't making enough money on the PS2 brand with some stiff competition, most notably from itself with Onimusha and DMC. So, in order to make a few easy bucks on a system which isn't difficult to develop for they pulled all the old control systems and old AI routines out of Resi from the PS, and gave it a nice shiny new coat.

Damn you Ninties are so stupid, when Bonus has insider information (wink, wink, nod nod) and tries to tell the world that Resi on the Gamecube is an attempt by Capcom to make a quick buck out of a so far untapped Nintendo user base, LISTEN!!!!

Ok, I'll go away and gloat now, I hope Microsoft snap up Capcom and Resi exclusivity soon, just to shut up some fanboys who are more loyal to Nintendo than their own mothers!!!

;)
Mon 30/09/02 at 09:52
Regular
It's a damn shame, but all those fallible Ninteno fans who didn't believe me when I said that Capcom were screwing them over with rehashed old games for their console will now have to eat the latest news, to my delight of course!!! ;)

Capcom jumped ship with the Resi deal because it wasn't making enough money on the PS2 brand with some stiff competition, most notably from itself with Onimusha and DMC. So, in order to make a few easy bucks on a system which isn't difficult to develop for they pulled all the old control systems and old AI routines out of Resi from the PS, and gave it a nice shiny new coat.

Damn you Ninties are so stupid, when Bonus has insider information (wink, wink, nod nod) and tries to tell the world that Resi on the Gamecube is an attempt by Capcom to make a quick buck out of a so far untapped Nintendo user base, LISTEN!!!!

Ok, I'll go away and gloat now, I hope Microsoft snap up Capcom and Resi exclusivity soon, just to shut up some fanboys who are more loyal to Nintendo than their own mothers!!!

;)
Mon 30/09/02 at 09:53
Regular
Hmmm, I put this in the wrong forum, sorry.

Repost necessary in FOG chat!!!
Mon 30/09/02 at 12:53
Regular
No one's screwing anyone over, fact is that a lot of Nintendo people haven't played the Resi games so getting updates of them is good all round. Also a lot of people who have already played them and loved thm will want to play them so they buy a Gamecube to do this.

The new Resi game is very diferent to the PS1 version then you've got Resident Evil Zero and Resdient Evil 4 which are completly new games. They wouldn't sell so well if Capcom really where screwing people.

Oh and Nintendo wont loose Resident Evil, they have a contract for 6 games, so no matter who buys Capcom at the end of the day Nintendo will still get their 6 games.

I think the whole Capcom buyout thing is just made up anyway, i've seen that they posted a loss but have read nothing about them needing a buyout. All speculation me thinks..
Mon 30/09/02 at 14:26
"High polygon count"
Bonus - I don't know why you're gloating, because this deal - IF it turns out to be true - would also rob PS2 of some excellent titles, two of which - Devil May Cry and Onimusha - you mention yourself!

Even though I have an Xbox and wouldn't miss out on the games, I hope the rumour isn't true.
Mon 30/09/02 at 14:45
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Well I've looked and seen no other site other than SR with this rumour of another buy out. Besides, would microsoft really want to spend more money on yet another games devloper when it just shelled out nearly half a billion for Rare?

Unlikely I think, just as I think it unlikely that capcom are loosing millions especially after the success of Resident Evil, Devil May Cry and the Onimusha games.
Mon 30/09/02 at 19:02
Regular
The rumour is just a SR made up news report to catch people's attention.

It worked.

Even if Microsoft did buy Capcom, the deal for the Resi games on the GameCube would still have to go ahead. After all, a contract is still a contract.
Mon 30/09/02 at 19:09
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Is it just me or does Bonus come across as more of an Xbox fanboy than any Nintendo fanboy ? :P

~~Belldandy~~
Mon 30/09/02 at 21:12
Regular
"Back For Good"
Bonus wrote:
> Capcom jumped ship with the Resi deal because it wasn't making enough
> money on the PS2 brand with some stiff competition..

WRONG, Shinji's team tried very hard to create Resident Evil 4 for the PS2 but due to one attempt taking over as Devil May Cry and the other grinding to a halt (because of Development problems with the hardware) they decided to move the franchise over to the Gamecube. Since then they’ve supported the console because they believe a game should offer ‘fun gameplay’ rather than the best graphics which they think every console tries to offer except Nintendo.

> Damn you Ninties are so stupid, when Bonus has insider information
> (wink, wink, nod nod) and tries to tell the world that Resi on the
> Gamecube is an attempt by Capcom to make a quick buck out of a so far
> untapped Nintendo user base, LISTEN!!!!
>

AGAIN WRONG, If Capcom were only interested in 'making a buck' they would have done a quick cut and paste job on the PS2 with anything they could get their hands on to reach it’s wider audience (therefore more money) but instead made a wide decision. If Resident Evil 4 appeared on the ps2 it would have horrid borders and *yawn* slowdown but It’s going to be better than the remarkable Remake on the Gamecube which is a very fine game indeed!!

> Ok, I'll go away and gloat now, I hope Microsoft snap up Capcom and
> Resi exclusivity soon, just to shut up some fanboys who are more loyal
> to Nintendo than their own mothers!!!

Personally I belive Resi should be with Sony but seeing the flexibility of the Gamecube I think Nintendo should hang on to that one, also see tagline :-P
Mon 30/09/02 at 21:24
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Shinji Mikami recently said on Japanese radio that Sony made products that were easily breakable so people would have to buy a second console/CD player/whatever.

Anyway, Capcom probably will take the new games to other consoles, just like they did with Code Veronica that was *supposedly* Dreamcast exclusive. Add a few seconds extra footage and it's a completely new game apparently.

The six games only actually include three new games - because RE2, 3 and CVX are ports, plus one is only a remake, so there's only RE0 and RE4 that are completely new.

I personally would be peed if the series went to X-Box, but in the long run I know Capcom would take the games back to PS2/PS3/GameCube/GameCube 2 or whatever. Capcom seemingly don't care about their reputation, in a few years they'll probably be alone with no one allowing them to develop for their console. Aww.
Mon 30/09/02 at 22:45
"High polygon count"
Blank wrote:
> Shinji Mikami recently said on Japanese radio that Sony made products
> that were easily breakable so people would have to buy a second
> console/CD player/whatever.

What?!?!

If that's true, he's lucky he didn't land himself a massive lawsuit! All of my stuff is Sony, and all of it has been fantastic.

I had one problem with my TV, and when they couldn't repair it, they gave me a new one, completely free!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.