GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The astonising graphics of game cube."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/09/02 at 23:38
Regular
Have you all noticed the abserlutely astonishing graphics on the game cube? Developers must have spent bloody ages making these games, on Turok Revelution, each bush is individually done and on wave race, the water has the exact reflection. This is truely zeeming ahead of PS2.
Tue 01/10/02 at 15:49
"The Will of D."
Blank wrote:
> I have traversed the Seven Seas, crossed mighty deserts, fought deadly
> beasts and stood in a queue for an hour and 25 minutes......and still
> no shop had an X-Box left.

My local WHSmiths don't even sell Xbox products (which is a good thing) so that means WHSmiths don't like the Xbox.

P.s. they don't hate MS because they still sell PC games.
Mon 30/09/02 at 20:59
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Edgy wrote:
> I have traveled through the great rainforests, crossed mighty rivers,
> suffered through terrible sandstorms in the deserts of Southhampton
> and am yet to come across the great creatures known as the Fimb...I
> mean, X-box.

I have traversed the Seven Seas, crossed mighty deserts, fought deadly beasts and stood in a queue for an hour and 25 minutes......and still no shop had an X-Box left.
Mon 30/09/02 at 20:26
Regular
Noooooooooo

Doshin!!

Resident Evil has stunning graphics yes, and the water effects are superb, a hell of a lot better than Doshin's.

BUT, when you put the camera underwater in Doshin the effects are breathtaking, it's the first game I've seen to actually make it look the way it does in real life when you stick your head under the water and look out.

You've really got to see it.
Mon 30/09/02 at 19:47
Regular
I have traveled through the great rainforests, crossed mighty rivers, suffered through terrible sandstorms in the deserts of Southhampton and am yet to come across the great creatures known as the Fimb...I mean, X-box.
Mon 30/09/02 at 18:59
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
ĞİombatGold1ğ wrote:
>I can't say about xbox, I've never seen a real one.

Lol, you make it sound like some kind of mythical creature.
Mon 30/09/02 at 18:52
Regular
auf deutsch wrote:
> I think he ment evolution ;)

You don't say...
Mon 30/09/02 at 18:32
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Starfox adventures does look brilliant. I don't think that it will last quite as long as everyone is saying, but it should still be the ube's foirst epic. I doubt it will last until September, when Zelda comes out though...
Mon 30/09/02 at 18:24
"The Will of D."
AfroJoe wrote:
> Yes, the graphics are rather nice looking on the whole, but the
> majority of gamers look for more than just graphics in a game.
>
> If a game doesn't last long at all, and has amazing graphics, it won't
> sell too well.
> If a game does last ages, and doesn't have amazing graphics, then
> it'll sell a bit better, but not much.
> If a game does last ages, AND has amazing graphics, then it'll sell
> really well.
>
> They key here is to have good graphics and good gameplay.

Well since nobody else has mentioned it I might as well... Starfox Adventures has god graphics AND lasts for ages, I'm suprised nobody mentioned it?
Mon 30/09/02 at 17:09
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Ported games are never the best games unless they get a complete makeover (like Virtua Striker 3 or Resident Evil for example)
Mon 30/09/02 at 16:59
Regular
Those games only have bad graphics cos they've been ported from PS2. If the developers would've bothered they could've made 'em better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.