GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What would you change...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/07/08 at 20:50
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
if you had the power to?

Came from a wee pub discussion with some mates, basically if you had the power to change things in todays society then what would it be.
Here's a wee run down from what I rambled on about.

Knife Crime
Basically anyone caught with a knife in their possession in a public place should be automatically given a prison sentence of at least 3 months. It's pretty strong topic in the news at the moment and it's something we seem to hear about almost on a daily basis.
Time to come down hard on the numpties carrying knifes and even harder on those using them.

Prison
What happened to the movie image of prison being a not very nice place where nobody really wanted to go. Heard a story about a guy in Glasgow telling a taxi driver he was going to stab his mate later in the night as he was annoying him and to be honest he wanted to go back to jail as it was a better quality of life, sky tv, 3 decent meals a day and access to playstations etc.
What a joke.
It should be a place where nobody wants to go because it's a punishment, sadly I think some human rights muppet has made life far too easy for those inside. I'm all for resoritive justice if it works but to almost "reward" folk for being inside just seems ridiculous.

I'd remove the comforts of life and make those inside be forced to think long and hard why they are inside.

Benefits
In particular the job seekers benefit - do they honestly think this works? Ok for a small percentage out there it is what they need while seeking work and they do make the effort to find a job but there are loads that abuse the system. Instead of giving them cash I'd change it to be food coupons, vouchers etc to get them what they need to live on and thats it. Want more then they'll have to get a job.
I'd also make them do stuff within the local community to earn it, cut grass - clean vandalism off walls etc.

Any of you lot got anythings you'd change if you could?
Sun 13/07/08 at 21:22
Regular
"Mooching around"
Like all those ideas, Ali.

Personally, I'd like to see driving licenses having a 15 year renewal law put upon them. So after 15 years of driving, if you have any points on your license, then you have to take a renewal test.

Maybe a bit harsh/time consuming, but some of you older drivers are terrible :P
Sun 13/07/08 at 20:57
Regular
I'd like to fly.
Sun 13/07/08 at 20:50
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
if you had the power to?

Came from a wee pub discussion with some mates, basically if you had the power to change things in todays society then what would it be.
Here's a wee run down from what I rambled on about.

Knife Crime
Basically anyone caught with a knife in their possession in a public place should be automatically given a prison sentence of at least 3 months. It's pretty strong topic in the news at the moment and it's something we seem to hear about almost on a daily basis.
Time to come down hard on the numpties carrying knifes and even harder on those using them.

Prison
What happened to the movie image of prison being a not very nice place where nobody really wanted to go. Heard a story about a guy in Glasgow telling a taxi driver he was going to stab his mate later in the night as he was annoying him and to be honest he wanted to go back to jail as it was a better quality of life, sky tv, 3 decent meals a day and access to playstations etc.
What a joke.
It should be a place where nobody wants to go because it's a punishment, sadly I think some human rights muppet has made life far too easy for those inside. I'm all for resoritive justice if it works but to almost "reward" folk for being inside just seems ridiculous.

I'd remove the comforts of life and make those inside be forced to think long and hard why they are inside.

Benefits
In particular the job seekers benefit - do they honestly think this works? Ok for a small percentage out there it is what they need while seeking work and they do make the effort to find a job but there are loads that abuse the system. Instead of giving them cash I'd change it to be food coupons, vouchers etc to get them what they need to live on and thats it. Want more then they'll have to get a job.
I'd also make them do stuff within the local community to earn it, cut grass - clean vandalism off walls etc.

Any of you lot got anythings you'd change if you could?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.