GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Backing up E-mails"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/09/02 at 14:29
Regular
Does anyone know how to do this?
Tue 01/10/02 at 15:20
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Mr. Happy wrote:
> my spelling of little words is crpa :-)

LOL :-)
Tue 01/10/02 at 12:53
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Jive wrote:
> Mr. Happy wrote:
> Anyone with an once of know-how will find the option to turn it off
>
> Glad to see that I've got an OUNCE (spelling) of knowledge then :D

My spelling of sesquipidelian words is frequently excellent; however in moments of fatigue, my spelling of little words is crpa :-)
Mon 30/09/02 at 09:52
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
I don't think so, all I found was that tick box, unticked it and my file appeared, thankfully :-)
Mon 30/09/02 at 09:39
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Isn't there a filter, instead of stopping ALL files, can't you set it up so it only blocks .exe ..etc?
Mon 30/09/02 at 09:23
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Mr. Happy wrote:
> Anyone with an once of know-how will find the option to turn it off

Glad to see that I've got an OUNCE (spelling) of knowledge then :D
Mon 30/09/02 at 08:07
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
But if Microsoft had antivirus software built in to the OS with auto-reporting and updating it would build one of the largest anti-virus knowledge bases in the world. Fools.
Mon 30/09/02 at 02:28
Regular
".......on the attac"
Good point Mr Happy

If Microsoft could now force everyone to send emails using BCC instead of CC then the amount of spam we get would be cut as well......
Mon 30/09/02 at 00:41
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
It's actually a clever move on Microsoft's part. (It's only just been implemented with SP1)

You see e-mails are spread because the great computing illiterati will click on any attachment even if it says imavirus.exe.

So simply block all attachments. (everything gets blocked, even JPEGs)

Anyone with an once of know-how will find the option to turn it off - these people are therefore intelligent enough not to spread viruses - and those who can't are really too dumb to be allowed anywhere near a computer, yet alone a virus-bearing e-mail.
Sun 29/09/02 at 23:28
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Slap your antivirus software.

It has nothing to do with my anti virus software thanks. It's actually an internal switch set by OE6 which says that any .exe files plus others but this is one I know of are deemed to be a virus straight away.

MS seem to think that everyone doesn't utilise anti virus software and have decided to stop them from reaching the user.

Fortunately they've also made it that you can turn it off as well. Goto Tools > Options and select the Security tab and untick the "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" and voila the attachments re-appear as they should have done in the first place :D
Sun 29/09/02 at 20:44
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Um. I get sent hundreds of viri every month and XP does nothing about it. Slap your antivirus software.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.