GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DREAMCAST IS BETTER"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/11/00 at 18:56
Regular
Who agrees
Mon 27/11/00 at 22:24
900 games actually.

But seriously, statistics prove nothing at all. Stats are all good and proper, but the machine has to be able to show it's prowess to the world before you can say 'stats show it'. Dreamcast is a great games console and at only £150?
I imagine the PS2 is an amazing console, it hasn't a great line up of true PS2 games - only 16, and not many are that good.
But GT3 will kick a$$ and so will MGS2
Mon 27/11/00 at 21:18
One of the best things i like about the PS2 is that even before it had come out it already has aprox 200-300 games that can be played on it! (form the PSX) i mean talk about the worlds biggest launch line up...
Mon 27/11/00 at 21:13
Regular
"Well if the Amiga is better than the PS2 then the DC must be"...

... See my err joke topic about the Amiga being better than the PS2...
Mon 27/11/00 at 20:51
> Who agrees

Yeah, whatever.
Mon 27/11/00 at 19:50
If you want to say how good the Dreamca$t is, go join the Dreamca$t forum and leave us in peace.

Dreamca$t's strengths:
>Four player sockets
>Instant internet connection
>A wave of good games from square 1
>Nice 'n' cheap at around £140
>Weakness: No customer support.

PS2 strengths:
>DVD compatability
>10 times as fast as any other console
>Slick, clean graphics
>Internet connection and uplink in future
>Weakness: number of consoles cut to 500,000.
Mon 27/11/00 at 19:41
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Very true Pulsed out.

I got my psx because it was better than Sattern. I got N64 'cause of the likes of Goldeneye, Mario, Jet Force Jemini, PD e.t.c.

I am gonna get my PS2 (when i get my bloody confirmation letter) becasue i have seen images and demo's and i was very pleased with the way they looked, and in the demos case, played. The reson i dont own a DC is: 1) No space 2) Not enough money. The Dream Cast has its own style, and I think that every other console has it's own style too. PSX aimed at the "all aged group" and cant wait for a really good came too come out(the playstation has games comming out all the time for it, but that can be a good thing) The N64 aimed at the "younger gamer" or "young at heart gamer". The DC is aimed at "people that cant be botherd to keep putting pounds in the arcade, when they can just get a wonderful machine which plays loads of arcade games" Crazy Taxi springs to mind.

So I wouldnt say that Dc is better, just different from PS2, and for the GameCube, well, it will be better than the 64..but will it be better than PS2? I think that it will be different.
Mon 27/11/00 at 19:18
The DC is better? You can’t say “the DC is better then the PS2” as it’s statistics show it isn’t, But you can say the DC has better games then the PS2. At the moment the DC has more good games compared to Sony’s machine as it has been out much longer.

Certain people like different consoles for different reason. Some people choose to buy a console because of the hype, other because it looks good, some from loyalty and others because they like the games. I got my PS2 because I like the PSX and the games it had, I suppose I am loyal to Sony but I’d buy a console that wasn’t made by Sony if it appealed to me, there’s no doubt of that. As I’ve said, people will buy the system that suits them.
Mon 27/11/00 at 19:12
Regular
If he likes Dreamcast he likes it don't start a childish fight with him because he doesn't like the PS2.
Gosh what has Sony done to you?
Mon 27/11/00 at 19:06
Speak for yourself (As you are !) the reason why no-one has bothered to write here is because everyone rised above the "My console is better than yours" discussions!

Unless of course you are in Junior School, which means you should go into the other discussion marked "I am childish, let me ruin the Forum with silly squabbles"
Mon 27/11/00 at 19:04
Regular
"Whatever!"
I dont care what you think and I doubt anyone else here gives a damn!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.