GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DREAMCAST IS BETTER"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/11/00 at 18:56
Regular
Who agrees
Sat 02/12/00 at 17:29
Besides, I really don't get it.

Finally a top-of-the-range console comes out with a host of really good looking games, DVD compatability, all the stuff everybody says, ect.

And everybody 'boos' it when it comes out. Amazing.
Sat 02/12/00 at 17:26
PS2 Master?

And you sold it?

For just £500? I know people who are weilling to pay £2000 - £2500 for a machine.
Sat 02/12/00 at 15:09
ok, everyone, you are all ssooooooo immature, who really cares which console is better. as long as it has good games and frankly they all do. DReamcast - MSR, and PS2 - SSX, obviously not a lot can be said about x box and gc sincs they arent even out yet!!!I'll be gettin every one apart from the gc because previous games on the old consoles have been pretty crap, i've sold my dreamcast to get a ps2, i dont think i'll sell that to get x box though cause i'll probably have a job by then!!!!
Tue 28/11/00 at 21:03
Regular
"I like cheese"
Let's not listen to the local 4 year old, shall we???
Also, sniper, if someone had said that about gamecube or dreamcast, you would of had a go at him, so don't say that.
Tue 28/11/00 at 19:48
When is this going to stop?

Will the same old arguments crop up all the time?

I don't know about you lot, but to me it is getting really boring. I am fed up with all the "my console is better than yours" posts. I am fed up with looking at the stats of every console available. I am generally fed up with all the arguing. Constructive critisism of any console is a really good thing, but some of you folks are just out to wind-up and annoy others.

Let's keep it civil, please!
Tue 28/11/00 at 19:36
i dont think people would agree with you there as the PS2 is faster. if the loading times are at the most the same, that is because the environments are more complex and more information has to be loaded
Tue 28/11/00 at 19:04
Regular
"new and improved"
yeah whats wrong with that
at leaste dreamcast has quiker loadind times
Tue 28/11/00 at 13:13
sold your PS2, pher.
we all know what the x-box can do, weve seen all the specs, but that doesn't mean much, i'll probably get one when it's released. i swear i said it was the games on my first messege??? you really thik the x-box is going to blow everything out of the water? it wont b that much of an improvement, but it should b better, are you gonna go on about how the GC and PS2 are a better purchase then the x-box at the time because of there prices which will have dropped? probably!
Tue 28/11/00 at 12:15
I think the question should be, "Which has the better games?". Let's face it, it's the games that matter, irrespective of the console they are on. I was one of those who pre-ordered a PS2, but then I screwed my head back on.

At the moment, it's a fact that the PS2 games are no better graphically than Dreamcast games out now (SSX and Tekken Tag being slight exceptions). Also, the PS2 games out now are not very original.

The Dreamcast is now in it's prime, and the games will continue to get better. Who cares if PS2 it technically better if it aint' got the games? Sure, they will get better, but so will the Dreamcast's. By which time, X-Box will be out and blow both out of the water.

I ended up getting a new Dreamcast, 8 of the latest games, memory card and extra controller for just £300. A similar package on PS2 would have cost me around £700!!
I sold my launch day PS2 for £500, so I now have a SUPERB console with loads of games for free, plus £200 in the bank. I'll put that £200 towards the X-Box when it gets released - that console will rock the boat I can tell you.

So, while you lot are bickering on about which console is best, I faced up to reality and realised that the Dreamcast in the best option at the moment. Those of you who say it is crap obviously haven't even seen or played any of the cast's latest games - Virtua Tennis looks almost real - even my dad thought it was the TV until he saw the controller in my hand!!
Tue 28/11/00 at 09:13
Regular
"not dead"
I'm so glad that ChrissyG123 has offered her expert opinion on this matter. I'm sure that she has now played both consoles, taken a good look at the games available, and on their way, and made an honest judgement based on facts.......

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.