GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ermm, anyone else got Turok Evolution?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/09/02 at 18:36
Regular
Having played the game for about 30 mins, I came on here to check out the numerous threads about it, only to find out there aren't any!

Well, I've got mixed feelings about the game so far. It's clear from the outset that this is far from a classic of any form. The framerate slows frequently (but not to the point where it's unplayable) and the environments are a little too angular and bland in places.

Still, plenty of commendable points to make. The enemies are nicely detailed, as are the weapons, and the controls aren't too better. It's a little unexciting at first, using a crappy bow and having to find keys etc. But things start to pick up once you get hold of meatier weapons. I just had a rather entertaining sort of boss battle against a horde of killer chimps! Lol!

So far, slightly above average, I'd say. :/
Sat 28/09/02 at 23:08
Regular
I might pick it up when the price goes down. There's too many amazing games coming out, and there isn't room for only 'good' games.
Sat 28/09/02 at 17:43
Regular
Same here, I wonder what's wrong with it *thinks hard*...ow
Sat 28/09/02 at 17:24
Uncle Albert wrote:
> Was playing it a few mins ago, died, went back to loading screen and
> then the game locked up and the tv omitted a high-pitched continuous
> note that really drills into your head!

That happened to me too.
Sat 28/09/02 at 14:25
Regular
im not bothered with it TBH...... neva liked turok games neither rage wars which i got for free.
Sat 28/09/02 at 14:23
Regular
I played this in Toys'R'us the other day, seemed a bit crappy really. Other than graphically, wasn't really much of a step forward from the N64 versions.

I'll wait and pick it up 2nd hand, too many much better games coming out to be bothered with this.
Sat 28/09/02 at 12:32
Regular
"eat me"
i think its so much fun having played multiplayer its just a laugh i am thoroughly enjoying the scenery close up is a little too pixelated for my likin but the game play makes up for that makin sleg troops puke up there intestines with an arrow pure genius and the bore is just plain fun!!!
Sat 28/09/02 at 09:42
Regular
Mine had better come today or I'm going to be annoyed, I paid for first class as well.

I don't think the postman has come yet though.
Sat 28/09/02 at 09:11
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Worth getting then?

In my opinion, yes, it is worth getting, just about.

Was playing it a few mins ago, died, went back to loading screen and then the game locked up and the tv omitted a high-pitched continuous note that really drills into your head!

How odd...

The second part of chapter 3 is prooving to be quite a challenge, even with the shotgun. :)
Sat 28/09/02 at 00:17
Regular
Worth getting then?
Fri 27/09/02 at 19:35
Regular
"Unretired"
When I first played the game my impressions were that it was utter sh**, as you progress to the later levels it becomes really great fun.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.