GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ermm, anyone else got Turok Evolution?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/09/02 at 18:36
Regular
Having played the game for about 30 mins, I came on here to check out the numerous threads about it, only to find out there aren't any!

Well, I've got mixed feelings about the game so far. It's clear from the outset that this is far from a classic of any form. The framerate slows frequently (but not to the point where it's unplayable) and the environments are a little too angular and bland in places.

Still, plenty of commendable points to make. The enemies are nicely detailed, as are the weapons, and the controls aren't too better. It's a little unexciting at first, using a crappy bow and having to find keys etc. But things start to pick up once you get hold of meatier weapons. I just had a rather entertaining sort of boss battle against a horde of killer chimps! Lol!

So far, slightly above average, I'd say. :/
Fri 27/09/02 at 18:36
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Having played the game for about 30 mins, I came on here to check out the numerous threads about it, only to find out there aren't any!

Well, I've got mixed feelings about the game so far. It's clear from the outset that this is far from a classic of any form. The framerate slows frequently (but not to the point where it's unplayable) and the environments are a little too angular and bland in places.

Still, plenty of commendable points to make. The enemies are nicely detailed, as are the weapons, and the controls aren't too better. It's a little unexciting at first, using a crappy bow and having to find keys etc. But things start to pick up once you get hold of meatier weapons. I just had a rather entertaining sort of boss battle against a horde of killer chimps! Lol!

So far, slightly above average, I'd say. :/
Fri 27/09/02 at 18:40
Regular
Mines arriving tommorow morning :)

I'm sure it won't be worse than average, most of the dissapointment is probably from the hype.
Fri 27/09/02 at 18:44
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I'll second that Stripey ;)

Played this on the X Box, wharra load of crap, didn't really like it at all. Weird really, I thought I would have, still I only played level 1 and a little of 2.
Fri 27/09/02 at 18:49
Regular
I'm still looking forward to it, even more so now Die Hard Vendetta and Timesplitters 2 have been pushed back :(
Fri 27/09/02 at 18:54
Regular
"Whatever!"
Im going to try and rent it this week end to see if its good enough to buy. Im sure its not that bad!
Fri 27/09/02 at 19:00
Regular
I'm renting it at the moment, the flying levels are good and the dinosaurs are very detailed :D
Fri 27/09/02 at 19:26
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Yeah, the flying levels are pretty decent, much better than magazines are making them out to be. Very smooth throughout and although the gameplay isn't anything new, it's done well.
Fri 27/09/02 at 19:33
Regular
"Unretired"
Got it 7am this morning!.

Not too impressed with the jungle levels or "pixel-city" as I call em, but the rest are great. Multiplayer is awesome, just had 2 player and 4 player with freinds.

Swarm bores on multiplayer rule.

Weapons are nice, and the second functions are good.
Great game, let down by framerate and graphical flaws.
Fri 27/09/02 at 19:35
Regular
"Unretired"
When I first played the game my impressions were that it was utter sh**, as you progress to the later levels it becomes really great fun.
Sat 28/09/02 at 00:17
Regular
Worth getting then?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.