GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"why do they put girls in games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/09/02 at 16:15
Regular
no i'm not sexist.

but i was just thinking that probabaly the only reason they put girls in games is to attract the majority of gamers-men (i said majority not gamers :P)

take lara croft for example:

yes it was a great game in the first place but after time i think they just ran out of ideas and stuck her in a catsuit to attract sad lowlife male gamers that love to drool at her (i bought the game)

*hangs head in shame*

also perfect dark...yes, yes a great game but what really brought my attention to it was the main charcter in a leather catsuit!

in Jak and Daxter on the ps2 (great game buy it its comin' out on platinum!) got my attention because there was a female character that had a fine butt and big bouncy *ahem*

so really i think that game designers should put more females in games to just simply make more money! because i would love to see a wonder women game, or catwomen game!

what do you think?
Thu 26/09/02 at 16:15
Regular
"i am fubby"
no i'm not sexist.

but i was just thinking that probabaly the only reason they put girls in games is to attract the majority of gamers-men (i said majority not gamers :P)

take lara croft for example:

yes it was a great game in the first place but after time i think they just ran out of ideas and stuck her in a catsuit to attract sad lowlife male gamers that love to drool at her (i bought the game)

*hangs head in shame*

also perfect dark...yes, yes a great game but what really brought my attention to it was the main charcter in a leather catsuit!

in Jak and Daxter on the ps2 (great game buy it its comin' out on platinum!) got my attention because there was a female character that had a fine butt and big bouncy *ahem*

so really i think that game designers should put more females in games to just simply make more money! because i would love to see a wonder women game, or catwomen game!

what do you think?
Thu 26/09/02 at 16:17
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Lots of girls prefer to play as female characters, so female characters attarct blokes and girlies to games.

its a win win situation.
Thu 26/09/02 at 16:20
Regular
"i am fubby"
thats what i mean...if there was a volleyball game would you prefer to be a girl player or a boy player...you see?
Thu 26/09/02 at 16:22
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Shadowblade wrote:
> thats what i mean...

How so, you never said girls prefer to play as girls

if there was a volleyball game would you prefer to
> be a girl player or a boy player

A girl player

...you see?

No
Thu 26/09/02 at 16:28
Regular
"i am fubby"
you said girls prefer to play as girls :P...anywho i don't wanna argue!
Thu 26/09/02 at 16:33
Regular
I prefer playing as female characters when I've got the choice. Especially in third person games.

I prefer to stare at the backside of a female character thant the backside of a male character for however long I play.
Thu 26/09/02 at 20:21
Regular
"i am fubby"
you got a good point there!
Thu 26/09/02 at 20:26
Regular
"Festivus!"
*Cough* Jill Valentine *cough*
Thu 26/09/02 at 20:27
Regular
"bit of a brain"
*cough* looks like a zombie on crack *cough*
Thu 26/09/02 at 20:28
Regular
"Festivus!"
*cough* exactly *cough*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.