GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Trading games"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/09/02 at 14:29
Regular
Does anyone know if there is a website i can go on which tells me how much my games are worth if i trade them at GAME. Its annoying when u go to the shop and get the price you didnt expect. It would be a huge benefit if i knew in advance how much my games are worth, Its also a great idea too. If there isnt, we could set up a forum with this in mind so people can list the prices of games.
Thu 26/09/02 at 14:29
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Does anyone know if there is a website i can go on which tells me how much my games are worth if i trade them at GAME. Its annoying when u go to the shop and get the price you didnt expect. It would be a huge benefit if i knew in advance how much my games are worth, Its also a great idea too. If there isnt, we could set up a forum with this in mind so people can list the prices of games.
Thu 26/09/02 at 14:43
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Try here...

http://www1.cex.co.uk/default.asp

The store is Computer Exchange... they buy/sell/exchange and have many stores nationwide (no im not on commision, im just trying to help :D

Oh and yes... they do tell you in advance what your games are worth...
Thu 26/09/02 at 14:46
Regular
Game give you the lowest of the low they can when you trade games...it's probably better to sell on Ebay or something!
Thu 26/09/02 at 16:01
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
What games have you got?

I mainly ask as I use Ebay alot and might be able to give you an estimate on how much you might get!

Otherwise try www.ebay.co.uk and see for yourself!
Thu 26/09/02 at 16:36
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Typically you will get around £20 per game, which is pretty lame.
Thu 26/09/02 at 22:03
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Err, normally £20 per GC game..

Thats using GAME..

Didnt like, SR take old games off you?

Hmm..
Thu 26/09/02 at 23:13
Regular
and you expect shops to give you more than £20 for a game? do you know anything about finance? i think getting £20 return is really good, shops can buy in a new game for less than that.
Fri 27/09/02 at 02:05
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Agreed... £20 cash back is excellent... if its 2nd hand they will sell it on at around £30 max (less in most instances)...

they make more money by buying their games new from distributors and selling for full price...
Fri 27/09/02 at 23:39
Regular
You'd be lucky to get £20.00 at GAME. If it was a very good game and in decent condition then maybe, but anything else and you're looking at £10.00 - £15.00.
Fri 27/09/02 at 23:49
Regular
I've been looking around this Cex place and it looks great value. Is it reliable? Is there any better places? I'm thinking of trading in some games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.