GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What should be added in GTA Vice City?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/09/02 at 12:23
Regular
Like almost everybody else, I love GTA3 and I can't wait until GTA Vice City is finally released.

If this game had to be delayed to add in new features I think that the choice of wearing a seat-belt would be pretty cool...ok, so you think thats sad, but hear me out...

Imagine being chased down by the Mafia and you had to find a vehicle pretty quick. Just jump in the nearest car as quick as poss and away you go - as you start winding your way through the city there's a traffic jam up ahead but you have good local knowledge and quickly nip down an alley way, one of the Mafia's vehicle doesn't make it, but the other one somehow manages to follow you - the Mafia are close behind but up ahead is a junction, you think you can make it, but as you perform that handbrake turn which you've performed a hundred times before, this time you were just going too fast and BANG! the car crashes into the wall while you fly out of your seat and through the windscreen and slide out on to the floor (all in special slow mo' vision)....that was a pretty bad accident and your health is now almost all gone, and that leg of yours doesn't look too good as you hobble off just to be shot down by the Mafia who were able to catch up due to your over-confidence.

or hows about doing a taxi mission..climb in a taxi, buckle up, and pick up Luigi's top girl - slam your foot down on the accelerator, speed down some narrow streets and crash head first into the side of a truck and watch in amazement as you stay in your taxi while Luigi's girl flies out of the windscreen to certain doom - all thanks to that trusty seatbelt.

I reckon the Seat-Belt idea would make for some ace missions and more hair raising chases.

...and what about the idea that if you get shot in the leg that you start to limp, or if you get shot in the arm that you can't aim properly, or if you get shot in a vital area that you start to lose blood and your health depletes slowly but surely?????......

Would you really hate Rockstar Games for delaying the game further just to add in some extra features?...as much as I want this game to be released at the end of October or the Beginning of November I would certainly not complain about any delays to make an already unbeatable game unbeatable.

AJ
([email protected])
Mon 30/09/02 at 14:02
apart from what they already have in vice city there isnt much more i would like to have in there. they could have a few animals running aorund here and there though.
Mon 30/09/02 at 12:49
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Q: What should be added in GTA Vice City?

A: Nudity!

:D
Mon 30/09/02 at 12:03
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
doublezero wrote:
> Did anyone else notice that?

Yep, very annoying but again that should all be sorted with this release. From the way GTA3 took everyone by storm I really don't see why these little glitches are a problem!

The next game should address alot of the glitches that did occur (too many to list here) and plus by the looks of it it's going to be a massive hit so lets just sit back and wait another month and then critisise it when it does sit in your PS2.
Mon 30/09/02 at 11:09
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Its not a very crucial point that concerns the game, but i'd like to see better graphics when you get out of boats...

I hate the way that in GTA3 it looks like you're falling into the water when actually the you're on the jetty.

Did anyone else notice that?
Sun 29/09/02 at 21:09
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> 40 weapons, though? I know they've got knifes and chainsaws but 40? I
> can't think of that many.

Thats just what I've read on the GTA site and in loadsa mags. I've downloaded loadsa vids of the weapons and man R THEY SWEET!

Theres like this rifle that acts sort of like one from WW".. U know the m1 carbine??? its like that. Yeah there's things like knives, screw drivers, meat cleavers. I can see that it is gonna be well hard to select the weapon you want though.
Sun 29/09/02 at 19:09
Regular
I'd like to be able to go in more buildings in the game. I can't think of much else I'd like.

Oh, and monkeys, of course.
Sun 29/09/02 at 18:35
"period drama"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> According to the latest PSM2, it's likely that you will be able to
> land helicopters on the roof of buildings and snipe from their...

Yeah, I saw that too.
The helicopter should be given to you after you completed 100% of the game. It'd be nice for the proper players to get, after getting nothing on GTA3 for 100% completion.

40 weapons, though? I know they've got knifes and chainsaws but 40? I can't think of that many.
And cycling through thm was hard enough in GTA3, but try cycling through 20 odd weapons to get the one you want whilst some gang lord's peppring you with an uzi.
Sun 29/09/02 at 18:26
Regular
"Max Power"
me
Sat 28/09/02 at 21:41
Regular
"Max Power"
everything including food
Sat 28/09/02 at 08:50
oh its the same person that sent the letter, but , but, i still know where u live, h,h,honest

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.