GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"40Million PS2’s Sold!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/09/02 at 17:57
Regular
Taken from gamesdomain:

PlayStation2 has smashed the 40 million sales mark around the world.
Sony has proudly announced the worldwide sales of its beloved black box to span over 40 million, from its launch in November 2000 up until of September 17 this year. Europe and PAL regions claim 12.06 million units in total, North America has 17.01 machines and Japan has sold 10.97 units.
"The PlayStation2 user-base across Europe, Africa, Middle East Australia and New Zealand continues to accelerate and to grow the market for computer entertainment on TV based consoles," said Chris Deering, president of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. "The recent and forthcoming line-up of new software titles on PlayStation2 is the strongest in our history. Reviews have been outstanding, and the range of choice between now and Christmas is just awesome."

With such a massive amount of sales is there any realistic chance Sony can be toppled?
I own the three consoles and personally I prefer Xbox, but with some great games coming are Nintendo and Microsoft always going to be second best?
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:57
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
Taken from gamesdomain:

PlayStation2 has smashed the 40 million sales mark around the world.
Sony has proudly announced the worldwide sales of its beloved black box to span over 40 million, from its launch in November 2000 up until of September 17 this year. Europe and PAL regions claim 12.06 million units in total, North America has 17.01 machines and Japan has sold 10.97 units.
"The PlayStation2 user-base across Europe, Africa, Middle East Australia and New Zealand continues to accelerate and to grow the market for computer entertainment on TV based consoles," said Chris Deering, president of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. "The recent and forthcoming line-up of new software titles on PlayStation2 is the strongest in our history. Reviews have been outstanding, and the range of choice between now and Christmas is just awesome."

With such a massive amount of sales is there any realistic chance Sony can be toppled?
I own the three consoles and personally I prefer Xbox, but with some great games coming are Nintendo and Microsoft always going to be second best?
Wed 25/09/02 at 18:01
Regular
"i am fubby"
yes microsoft are gonna be second best...

wtf...you got all 3 friggin' heck
Wed 25/09/02 at 18:05
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
In my defence I bought a PS2 at launch myself. The Xbox was a present from my sister and the Gamecube was from my parents.
Wed 25/09/02 at 20:09
Regular
"Max Power"
and i have 1 of the 40mil
Wed 25/09/02 at 20:23
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
40 million, thats alot of PS2's.
Thu 26/09/02 at 08:14
Regular
Thats strange, I thought it was 40 million PS2's shipped. If they`ve been sold already, then great, thats good news, but it was extremely fast work!
Thu 26/09/02 at 10:21
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
That works out at approx 60,000 units sold each day.....eeek!

SIXTY THOUSAND A DAY for the last 672 days.....jeepers creepers.

God I hope my maths is ok, someone please confirm that :D
Thu 26/09/02 at 10:25
Regular
Did ya take into account the varying release dates for each country? :D
Thu 26/09/02 at 10:35
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Ah....new there would be a flaw in my calculation....good spot there ssxpro :-)

So what do you make it because I haven't got a clue about the other countries?
Thu 26/09/02 at 11:05
Regular
No idea, can`t remember the release dates. I can`t even remember if it was 24th Nov 200 in UK.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.