GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mistaken Identities?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/09/02 at 14:20
Regular
News just in!

Famous female videogames stars have recently been bombarded by both their fans and members of the press, when rumours started that these so called "sex symbols of videogames" were actually not women at all, but men.

It is thought that these horrific alligations surfaced within the fabled Special Reserve chat forums (http://www.ukchatforums.com), when posters on these forums frequently accused certain female members - Rosalind, Mystique and Bubbly Babe - of being nothing but female-impersonating blokes. These rumours quickly transformed themselves in a Chinese Whispers style fashion, and female gaming icons found themselves accused of horrific crimes.

We spoke to various people, both Special Reserve members and gaming stars.

UMP = un-named member of press.

UMP: "So Mystique, you've been on the forums for quite a while, haven't you?"
Mystique: "Yes, I've been here for nearly 600 days; over one and a half years."
UMP: "And now you're finding yourself lynched in the street? What exactly has happened?"
Mystique: "Well people have been accusing me of actually being a man."
UMP: "What... and you're not?"
Mystique: "No, I'm bloody well not!!!"

UMP: "Princess Peach, good of you to talk to us."
Peach: "I've baked a cake. Want some?"
UMP: "No... I...!"
Peach: "Go on, it's nice cake."
UMP: "Could we please stick to the topic at hand?"
Peach: "I could have you killed, you know."
UMP: "Yes... erm.... how has your life been effected by this sudden outburst of accusations that you're secretly a male in drag?"
Peach: "Well, I'm wanted for numerous murders now, after talking mushrooms went er... missing. *ahem!* You can edit this, right?"
UMP: "No."
Peach:
UMP: "Eep! Yes."

UMP: "Bubbly Babe, you're looking very nice today. Thanks for giving us this interview."
Bubbly: "Oh, that's ok. I'm devastated by what people are saying, you know."
UMP: "Yes, I'm sure you are -"
Bubbly:
UMP: "Could you explain what's happened?"
Bubbly: "Well I recently joined these forums, and people thought I was being too stereotypical and accused me of being a man pretending to be a woman."
UMP: "Surely not?"
Bubbly: "I'm afraid so."
UMP: "But why?
Bubbly:"Well I think they saw my second Gameaday prize choice - Turok Evolution - as a "giveaway", but as I explained, this was chosen as a birthday present for my brother. But no one else saw it this way and accused me of being a bloke, er.. man."
UMP: "Shocking."
Bubbly: "Yes."

UMP: "Lara Croft, hi."
Lara: "What's wrong?"
UMP: "Nothing..."
Lara: "What?"
UMP: "Ok, I'm scared."
Lara: "Why?"
UMP: "Well you're obviously some kind of human-cotton bud hybrid being from another galaxy, who possesses super strength."
Lara: "Wha...?!"
UMP: "Well how else do you explain a pencil thin waist supporting two 3-ton beach ball sized objects? It just doesn't add up, sorry."
Lara: "!"

uMP: "Rosalind, thanks for speaking to us."
Ros: "Oh, that's fine. I'm extremely angry about all of this."
UMP: "All of what?"
Ros: "These rumours that are flying around, claiming that I'm actually a man."
UMP: "Yes, it's terrible."
Ros: "Terrible."
UMP: "Terrible."
UMP: "So, erm... how have you counter-attacked the people who are claiming that you're a male?"
Ros: "Well I thought that putting on a show regarding how upset I was about the swearing on the forums and the word "tw*t" being used would convince people that I was an emotional woman rather than a smelly, unco-ordinated, drunk, sex-mad, testosterone-hyped..."
UMP: "Man?"
Ros: "Yes."
UMP: "Did it work?"
Ros: "I think so."
Forum Member: "Oi, bloke! Woooo! Hahaha!"
Ros: "Crap."

UMP: "Hiya, Kamek."
Kamek: "Hi."
UMP: "I understand that you've been a favourite "victim" of the rumours."
Kamek: "Yes, I certainly have."
UMP: "Why is that?"
Kamek: "Well up until recently I had always been male, but my role in Paper Mario required me to play as a female... so I had to have a sex change. I thought I could live a happy life as a woman, but people today are so cruel."
UMP: "Yes." *sniggers*
Kamek: "Hmm?"
UMP: "Er, nothing. So people are actually attacking you in the street, I believe?"
Kamek: "Yes. They shout things like 'transvestite' at me."
UMP: "Um... aren't you technically....?"
Kamek: "No!!!"
UMP: "No?"
Kamek: "I'm simply gender challenged."
UMP: "Right."

So there we have it, folks. Actual comments from people whose lives have been effected by these malicious rumours that are circulating on the Special Reserve chat forums. But, what can be done about it? We spoke to Special Reserve owner, Tony, for his views on the situation.

UMP: "Tony, what exactly are you doing to prevent the situation exculating even further?"
Tony: "Nothing."
UMP: "Nothing?!"
Tony: "Duh."

So it seems that the rumours are, at the moment anyway, free to reap havoc upon the forums and make the victims' lives a misery. And, I'm sad to say, that it doesn't end there. No, many others have been accused of being gender challenged. *sniggers*

That's right! Below is a list of the confirmed victims up to the present date:

Special Reserve members:

Bubbly Babe
Mystique
Rosalind
Tony *giggles*

Gaming stars:

Birdo
Brentilda
Croft, Lara
Daisy, Princess
Dark, Joanna "Perfect"
De Vries, Cassandra
Erika, Gym Leader
Gruntilda
Impa
Iron Maiden
Kamek
Kazooie
Kong, Dixie
Kong, Tiny
Kong, Wrinkly
Malon
Misty, Gym Leader
Nettie
Onatopp, Xenia
Peach, Princess
Pipsy
Redfield, Claire
Ruto, Princess
Sabrina, Gym Leader
Salia
Summer, Jody
Tooty
Twinrova, Sorceress Sisters
Valentine, Jill
Zelda, Princess

And many more are being added to this list as we speak.

The worst victims of this malicious campaign have to be Princess Zelda, Salia and Princess Ruto, who were discovered to still be taunted and tormented seven whole years on, when we sent local Hyrule hero, Link, to travel to the future and discover the effects of the event seven years on.

The pictures he sent back to us were not pleasent; too disturbing to show here, though the full time travel report can be seen on October 10th on HTV (Hyrule Television) at 11:30pm. But what we can say is this: the entire world, though most noticably Hyrule, has been effected. Seven years on, and Hyrule is infested with monsters and beings of the night, and everyone, including the Gorons and Zora people, are living lives that I would not wish upon anyone. Princess Ruto, as a child, even attempted to escape those who tormented her by retreating inside the belly of a gian fish. But, she was sadly unsuccessful.

Other cases of irrational behaviour on the parts of these victimised females include Joanna Dark fleeing her family to start a life as an undercover operative, Iron Maiden having rocket launcher and claw implants and becoming a member of the Strogg Empire, Kazooie retreating into her only friends' backpack for a life in the dark, and certain women even resorting to taking out their anger by forcing small monsters to fight each other before and after leading a life trapped inside cramped spherical prisons.

It seems that nothing can be done to prvent this traumatic series of occurances, and I for one hope that the entire videogames industry - along with the future of the Special Reserve forums - is not damaged beyond repair by this onslaught.
Wed 25/09/02 at 14:20
News just in!

Famous female videogames stars have recently been bombarded by both their fans and members of the press, when rumours started that these so called "sex symbols of videogames" were actually not women at all, but men.

It is thought that these horrific alligations surfaced within the fabled Special Reserve chat forums (http://www.ukchatforums.com), when posters on these forums frequently accused certain female members - Rosalind, Mystique and Bubbly Babe - of being nothing but female-impersonating blokes. These rumours quickly transformed themselves in a Chinese Whispers style fashion, and female gaming icons found themselves accused of horrific crimes.

We spoke to various people, both Special Reserve members and gaming stars.

UMP = un-named member of press.

UMP: "So Mystique, you've been on the forums for quite a while, haven't you?"
Mystique: "Yes, I've been here for nearly 600 days; over one and a half years."
UMP: "And now you're finding yourself lynched in the street? What exactly has happened?"
Mystique: "Well people have been accusing me of actually being a man."
UMP: "What... and you're not?"
Mystique: "No, I'm bloody well not!!!"

UMP: "Princess Peach, good of you to talk to us."
Peach: "I've baked a cake. Want some?"
UMP: "No... I...!"
Peach: "Go on, it's nice cake."
UMP: "Could we please stick to the topic at hand?"
Peach: "I could have you killed, you know."
UMP: "Yes... erm.... how has your life been effected by this sudden outburst of accusations that you're secretly a male in drag?"
Peach: "Well, I'm wanted for numerous murders now, after talking mushrooms went er... missing. *ahem!* You can edit this, right?"
UMP: "No."
Peach:
UMP: "Eep! Yes."

UMP: "Bubbly Babe, you're looking very nice today. Thanks for giving us this interview."
Bubbly: "Oh, that's ok. I'm devastated by what people are saying, you know."
UMP: "Yes, I'm sure you are -"
Bubbly:
UMP: "Could you explain what's happened?"
Bubbly: "Well I recently joined these forums, and people thought I was being too stereotypical and accused me of being a man pretending to be a woman."
UMP: "Surely not?"
Bubbly: "I'm afraid so."
UMP: "But why?
Bubbly:"Well I think they saw my second Gameaday prize choice - Turok Evolution - as a "giveaway", but as I explained, this was chosen as a birthday present for my brother. But no one else saw it this way and accused me of being a bloke, er.. man."
UMP: "Shocking."
Bubbly: "Yes."

UMP: "Lara Croft, hi."
Lara: "What's wrong?"
UMP: "Nothing..."
Lara: "What?"
UMP: "Ok, I'm scared."
Lara: "Why?"
UMP: "Well you're obviously some kind of human-cotton bud hybrid being from another galaxy, who possesses super strength."
Lara: "Wha...?!"
UMP: "Well how else do you explain a pencil thin waist supporting two 3-ton beach ball sized objects? It just doesn't add up, sorry."
Lara: "!"

uMP: "Rosalind, thanks for speaking to us."
Ros: "Oh, that's fine. I'm extremely angry about all of this."
UMP: "All of what?"
Ros: "These rumours that are flying around, claiming that I'm actually a man."
UMP: "Yes, it's terrible."
UMP: "So, erm... how have you counter-attacked the people who are claiming that you're a male?"
Ros: "Well I thought that putting on a show regarding how upset I was about the swearing on the forums and the word "tw*t" being used would convince people that I was an emotional woman rather than a smelly, unco-ordinated, drunk, sex-mad, testosterone-hyped..."
UMP: "Man?"
Ros: "Yes."
UMP: "Did it work?"
Ros: "I think so."
Forum Member: "Oi, bloke! Woooo! Hahaha!"
Ros: "Crap."

UMP: "Hiya, Kamek."
Kamek: "Hi."
UMP: "I understand that you've been a favourite "victim" of the rumours."
Kamek: "Yes, I certainly have."
UMP: "Why is that?"
Kamek: "Well up until recently I had always been male, but my role in Paper Mario required me to play as a female... so I had to have a sex change. I thought I could live a happy life as a woman, but people today are so cruel."
UMP: "Yes." *sniggers*
Kamek: "Hmm?"
UMP: "Er, nothing. So people are actually attacking you in the street, I believe?"
Kamek: "Yes. They shout things like 'transvestite' at me."
UMP: "Um... aren't you technically....?"
Kamek: "No!!!"
UMP: "No?"
Kamek: "I'm simply gender challenged."
UMP: "Right."

So there we have it, folks. Actual comments from people whose lives have been effected by these malicious rumours that are circulating on the Special Reserve chat forums. But, what can be done about it? We spoke to Special Reserve owner, Tony, for his views on the situation.

UMP: "Tony, what exactly are you doing to prevent the situation exculating even further?"
Tony: "Nothing."
UMP: "Nothing?!"
Tony: "Duh."

So it seems that the rumours are, at the moment anyway, free to reap havoc upon the forums and make the victims' lives a misery. And, I'm sad to say, that it doesn't end there. No, many others have been accused of being gender challenged. *sniggers*

That's right! Below is a list of the confirmed victims up to the present date:

Special Reserve members:

Bubbly Babe
Mystique
Rosalind
Tony *giggles*

Gaming stars:

Birdo
Brentilda
Croft, Lara
Daisy, Princess
Dark, Joanna "Perfect"
De Vries, Cassandra
Erika, Gym Leader
Gruntilda
Impa
Iron Maiden
Kamek
Kazooie
Kong, Dixie
Kong, Tiny
Kong, Wrinkly
Malon
Misty, Gym Leader
Nettie
Onatopp, Xenia
Peach, Princess
Pipsy
Redfield, Claire
Ruto, Princess
Sabrina, Gym Leader
Salia
Summer, Jody
Tooty
Twinrova, Sorceress Sisters
Valentine, Jill
Zelda, Princess

And many more are being added to this list as we speak.

The worst victims of this malicious campaign have to be Princess Zelda, Salia and Princess Ruto, who were discovered to still be taunted and tormented seven whole years on, when we sent local Hyrule hero, Link, to travel to the future and discover the effects of the event seven years on.

The pictures he sent back to us were not pleasent; too disturbing to show here, though the full time travel report can be seen on October 10th on HTV (Hyrule Television) at 11:30pm. But what we can say is this: the entire world, though most noticably Hyrule, has been effected. Seven years on, and Hyrule is infested with monsters and beings of the night, and everyone, including the Gorons and Zora people, are living lives that I would not wish upon anyone. Princess Ruto, as a child, even attempted to escape those who tormented her by retreating inside the belly of a gian fish. But, she was sadly unsuccessful.

Other cases of irrational behaviour on the parts of these victimised females include Joanna Dark fleeing her family to start a life as an undercover operative, Iron Maiden having rocket launcher and claw implants and becoming a member of the Strogg Empire, Kazooie retreating into her only friends' backpack for a life in the dark, and certain women even resorting to taking out their anger by forcing small monsters to fight each other before and after leading a life trapped inside cramped spherical prisons.

It seems that nothing can be done to prvent this traumatic series of occurances, and I for one hope that the entire videogames industry - along with the future of the Special Reserve forums - is not damaged beyond repair by this onslaught.
Wed 25/09/02 at 14:27
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Bubbly Babe wrote:
> Ros: "Well I thought that putting on a show regarding how upset I
> was about the swearing on the forums and the word ""
> being used would convince people that I was an emotional woman rather
> than a smelly, unco-ordinated, drunk, sex-mad,
> testosterone-hyped..."

Why I oughta report you for using a word like that :p

Seriously though Mr. Snuggly said :
"Swearing, in any form is not allowed. This is a family forum (believe it or not) and we don't want young people coming on here reading foul language, or indeed, parents coming on here and seeing the kind of language that some of you post. The swear filter is there for a reason, and that's not for you to try and beat it with s p a c e s or 'quote marks'. If we find any swearing, of any kind, it'll be deleted, and you may be banned "

Actually I was complaing that Mr. Snuggly said no swearing yet he was letting scouse Twit off, and saying that it was a boarderline case

Anyway before I satrt moaning on *again*

LOL good post

Ros
Wed 25/09/02 at 15:16
Rosalind wrote:
> LOL good post
>
> Ros

Thanks.
Wed 25/09/02 at 15:21
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Rosalind wrote:

> Actually I was complaing that Mr. Snuggly said no swearing yet he was letting Scouse Twit off, and saying that it was a boarderline case
>

SEE? You keep going on at me! What I have done to deserve this, I just don't know... lol. But seriously, if you have a problem with me, then tell me. Don't keep taking cheap-shots like that. ..and I know that it's not a "cheap shot", but you don't have to bring it up every bleedin' day.

APART FROM THAT: Good post Bubbly Babe, refreshingly good in fact.
Wed 25/09/02 at 15:54
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Expletive Deleted wrote:

> SEE? You keep going on at me! What I have done to deserve this, I just
> don't know... lol. But seriously, if you have a problem with me, then
> tell me. Don't keep taking cheap-shots like that. ..and I know that
> it's not a "cheap shot", but you don't have to bring it up
> every bleedin' day.

:( sorry

*guilt ridden*

I'm contrite I promise
Wed 25/09/02 at 16:57
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Rosalind wrote:

> :( sorry
>
> *guilt ridden*
>
> I'm contrite I promise

S'ok, as long as you've got it out of your system. (I would make a big argument with you, but you're a girl :P)
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:01
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Expletive Deleted wrote:
> (I would make a big argument with you, but you're a girl :P)

see it does have its uses
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:06
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
It's funny because it's true ;D heh just kidding great post :D
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:07
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
very gud, though hits very close to home, i've been occused of being a woman or a puff when i took some persons man test *coughs* maybe there jeaslous of my charming looks and stunning sense of humour *bats eyelids* errrrrrr *coughs again and runs for it*
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:54
Regular
"i am fubby"
good post...i thought the lara croft section was very funny!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.