GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THe way to win"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/09/02 at 22:55
Regular
I think I have a way to win GAD on the chat forums but I so far the idea has not worked.
:(
1.If you have looked over the GAD winners and have read there work you will see that normally it is weird comedy pieces.
2.THe amount of words aswell you need at list 500 I would say because GAD can't be given to anyone.Also try spacing your work out.
3.Try saying peoples name for SR because normally makes it more fun.
4.No Spam I know I am doing this right now but I just wrote this becaus eI saw a couple of people asking how to win and I though awell.
Wed 25/09/02 at 19:37
Regular
"ProGolfer"
El blokey wrote:
> I think Elfman...has said something stupid.
>
> The best post/review/hints/cheats/tips win. Doesn't matter what colour
> their name is.

The staff ah not racist.
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:51
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I think Elfman...has said something stupid.

The best post/review/hints/cheats/tips win. Doesn't matter what colour their name is.
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:42
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
ElfMan wrote:

> I do realise that notables are very good, I hold them in a very high
> respect, as they must have very high english skills, or a very high
> cash balance!!

I'd go with the second one!

You probably have a larger chance of being a notable by not being able to write properly and by making strange topics that make no sense!
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:40
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Yeah I won, which I was really surprised by, because I didn't really think my post was the better, but I guess SR did.. But I'm really happy, so thanks SR.
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:12
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
professor_frink wrote:
> I think Elfman is right but no completey.When I joined people would
> not go to mine but would go to a notable this is because they have
> received this honour because people Voted for them they would not be
> notable because they are dumb posters no they are the very skilled and
> I think every notable has a GAD or more to there name.

I do realise that notables are very good, I hold them in a very high respect, as they must have very high english skills, or a very high cash balance!! But i think they should take the time to look at newbies and regulars work before hand. I remember i won on my old account when i knew the password, but only from submitting 80 odd cheats, awwwwww, the good ole days, i remember claiming black and white!!!
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:05
Regular
"$Cash or Cheque$"
I think Elfman is right but no completey.When I joined people would not go to mine but would go to a notable this is because they have received this honour because people Voted for them they would not be notable because they are dumb posters no they are the very skilled and I think every notable has a GAD or more to there name.
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:00
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Ever thought that notables are just good at what they do?
Wed 25/09/02 at 16:56
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
by my observations, alot of new people, with superb posts dont get noticed, there shrugged off, not even replied to, and dont win, the SR staff look at the regular GAD winners or look at the notables, think "oh joy, another post from *coughs* lets give a GAD to him/her". I've seen many up and coming journalist/game reviwers/meka dragons that get ignored and thats puts them down, so they no longer wish to do what they want to, because the unfair advantage notables have over newbies and regulars!!
Wed 25/09/02 at 16:52
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Samurai Jack wrote:
> Having humour helps. Having intelligence exceeds that.

Very good!
Wed 25/09/02 at 16:50
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
The two ussual winners of GAD's in the SR forums are either Spoofs or facts. If you write a good story or spoof chances are it will win and if you write an informative post on something serious then it is also a sure GAD winner. I have not won any but from what I've seen that's how you usually win GAD's

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.