GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft rushing Rare."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/09/02 at 22:44
Regular
Microsoft expect Rare to have made 5 games in the next 2 years with the first appearing in Spring next year.

So not only do they have to convert current games onto the new platform they need to be made in the next 2 years....

HA HA HA HA HA either Microsoft are stupid or they are rushing Rare.
Wed 25/09/02 at 23:47
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> Solskjær wrote:
> It's been confirmed for the X-Box??
> DAMN IT!
>
> Has anything else been confirmed?
>
> Yup, we're getting PErfect Dark Zero, a Conkers game, Banjo Kazooie
> and a Jet Force Gemini sequel, among others.

Out of those, only Perfect Dark's been CONFIRMED.
Wed 25/09/02 at 18:09
"The Will of D."
RARE have probably been into drugs all along andwe've not known about it until I accuse them of it.
Wed 25/09/02 at 18:04
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Heh I remember Battletoads. Kapow!

Anyway, Rare being rushed eh? Nice, maybe Rare will come up with the goods and they will all be great and all this taking time over games is just an excuse to scive off.

Well I said maybe ;)
Wed 25/09/02 at 18:01
"The Will of D."
Why are we still talking about RARE, it's not like they exist anymore in Nintendo's lives, so why can't we just forget the losers and move on.
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:53
Regular
I don't think the Stamper bros. have left Rare. They issued a statement saying how they are looking forward to working on the X-box and that the Rare fans will continue to buy the new games.
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:01
Regular
Battletoads is hardly anything to shout about. Even for a side scrolling beat 'em up it lacked anything but hammer the attack button.
Wed 25/09/02 at 15:53
Regular
I like Digitiser, I don't agree with evrything they say but at least they aren't scared to voice their opinions.
Wed 25/09/02 at 14:58
Regular
Ingenium Bartender wrote:
> Battletoads was only average?

Can't comment on that one...

> Goldeneye one of the greatest shooters of all time?

Most certainly.

> Who are these people?

The most opinionated games critics in the world.
Channel 4 teletext, page 481.
Wed 25/09/02 at 14:57
Regular
Digitiser rule, being honest and opinionated and all, but I disagree with some of their opinions.

They didn't like Smash Brothers Melee, but gave the "generic" Virtua Fighter 4 5/5.

Here they seem to say Perfect Dark wasn't as good as it should've been and that's a sign of Rare going downhill.
PD wasn't quite perfect (the alien levels near the end were dodgy), but the only reason it disappointed was down to the HUGE expectations after Goldeneye. The sort of expectations that weren't possible on N64 hardware.

Also, saying that Conker shows a lack of creativity...

Still, I hear that the Stampers have left. That can't be good...
Wed 25/09/02 at 14:55
"Darkness, always"
Battletoads was only average?

Goldeneye one of the greatest shooters of all time?

Who are these people?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.