GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft rushing Rare."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/09/02 at 22:44
Regular
Microsoft expect Rare to have made 5 games in the next 2 years with the first appearing in Spring next year.

So not only do they have to convert current games onto the new platform they need to be made in the next 2 years....

HA HA HA HA HA either Microsoft are stupid or they are rushing Rare.
Tue 24/09/02 at 22:44
Regular
Microsoft expect Rare to have made 5 games in the next 2 years with the first appearing in Spring next year.

So not only do they have to convert current games onto the new platform they need to be made in the next 2 years....

HA HA HA HA HA either Microsoft are stupid or they are rushing Rare.
Tue 24/09/02 at 22:47
Regular
"Festivus!"
Dringo wrote:
> HA HA HA HA HA either Microsoft are stupid or they are rushing Rare.

Aren't they both?
Tue 24/09/02 at 22:50
Regular
My God, they really have no idea do they?
Tue 24/09/02 at 22:52
Regular
"Festivus!"
5 games in 20 years more like... I am going to bed, Night everyone
Tue 24/09/02 at 23:19
Regular
By my count Rare made...9 games in...six years for the N64

Blast Corps
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Banjo
Banjo-Tooie
DKR
DK64 (pants)
Jet Force Jemini (v. average)
CBFD

They expect 5 in two years?

They started Dinosaur Planet for the N64, and thats only just coming out!
Tue 24/09/02 at 23:24
Regular
Killer Instinct and that Mickey Mouse racing game as well, but still Microsoft are havin a laugh if they want 5 top class Rare efforts, thing that makes rare games so good is when they eventually come out they're so finely tuned and ful of little details, i'll be intrested to see how good the future gamnes are.

Also they haven't got Nintendo helping them out anymore and I can't see Bill Gates and his brown fingers being much use.
Tue 24/09/02 at 23:47
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
NOOOOO! Killer Instics( my spelling is horrible i know) was one of my favorite games for the SNES.
Wed 25/09/02 at 00:40
Regular
Money grabbing b*stards they might aswell go away and lose their fans thank god they've gone
Wed 25/09/02 at 09:19
Regular
Nah! It's going to be like it was on the N64.

Game scheduled for release in Spring.
Spring comes, along with the word "delay"!

Basically, MS know that Rare are going to delay a game as much as they can (being perfectionists and all), so they're setting the date early.

Either that or some of Rare's projects are closer to completion than we thought...
Wed 25/09/02 at 12:18
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Or.... they're trying to grab more punters as soon as possible by releasing ANY game that Rare can cook-up in 5 minutes, just so that everyone can look-on and see that a Rare Game has been released, and that now the time is right to get an X-Box.

But that won't work! :P

The only way a Spring Release will work is if Rare have been secretly working on several other games for the GameCube which they will now have to covert (in their near-finnished form) to the X-Box.

But that can't be possible!
It's taken them the last 4/5 years to get Dinosaur Planet finnished and done, and-so they must have been spending every waking-hour on that and nothing else.

I'm confused.... but I know Microsoft are doing the wrong thing!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.