GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vote for the top 10 'worst' games of all time..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/09/02 at 14:54
Regular
Hi,

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in so I shut my eyes, twiddled my fingers and poked the monitor.

Ok, what I would want you kind people to do is think over, say, since gaming time began, and post a list of 5 worst games of all time. Thinking all the way back to the first time you got involved in gaming and up to the present day.

Put a small description beside each nomination on why you hate it and I will count up the votes on the... 7th of next month? And will make a top 10 out of it.

My 5 games are as follows...

Iznogoud (PSone) A side-scrolling piece of **** that took my money and did a runner.

DOOM (Sega Saturn) More ugly than a just-woken-up-Tony-Blair.

Rogue Squadron (N64) After enjoying the flight sections of Shadows Of The Empire, I bought this with much anticipation. But what a pile of fuuu... crap it turned out to be. Fog 10 metres in front of you and rubish handling left me more than bitter. Grrr.

Rainbow 6 (PSone) Or any Tom Clancy game to be exact.

Hexen (N64) It was ported to the n64 in a way that words just can not describe.

Ok, I'm only 15 years of age so I don't have a very long gaming past, but see if you can do any better. And remember, I don't want games that you just feel are slightly crap or dull, I want your games that you think are utter abominations. Thanks.
Wed 25/09/02 at 23:29
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> 9. Driven (GC)

Driven's multi-format I think...
Wed 25/09/02 at 23:28
Regular
Here's mine (1 being the worst, 10 being the.. er.. best of the worst and so on):

1. Dogz 4 - PC.
The fourth is the only one I've played, but it probably goes for the rest of the series. This is the worst game I've ever played and shouldn't have been a game at all. The graphics are terrible and the concept sucks. It's something that should be left to internet downloads and websites and with five levels, it was not worth my £20.00.

2. Bubsy 3D - PSOne.
This was a terrible attempt at a platformer and anyone unlucky enough to have come into contact with it will almost certainly agree. It was either far too easy, or far too hard (I've forgotten) and in the end wasn't fun at all. Each level was exactly the same (or so it seemed) and the gameplay and design didn't offer anything new. A SPECTACULAR failure.

3. Adidas Power Soccer - PSOne.
Terrible graphics and extremely slow, this football sim was nothing more than a brand name. The arcade version offered little more than the normal one, and it was devastatingly easy. The game could be completed with little effort, and with players that moved like snails, it wasn't a fun task. It appeared to be thrown together in five minutes.

4. South Park - N64.
The review of this, in my opinion, is the only mistake NOM have ever made, and by gosh it was a big one. £40.00 of my hard earned cash was spent on something that was hopefully as entertaining as the TV series. It didn't make me laugh once, and with levels almost identical to each other, it was incredibly dull. And as for the highly acclaimed multiplayer? Psh...

5. Dave Mirra 2 - PS2.
I borrowed this off a friend with the promise of 'Great levels that are better than Tony Hawk's!'. Well, they're bigger, but terribly designed. I constantly found myself riding around in search of something to do, with no luck. The handling's terrible, and if you make one mistake you've got to wait five minutes for him to move again. Shameful.

6. Crazy Taxi - PS2.
What a rip-off! I spent £40.00 on this and took it back the very next week. Sure, it's a laugh for the first two hours but with only two cities and repetitive gameplay it soon gets boring. The passengers want to go to the same place time after time and it's almost like one big loop. Some games belong in the arcades, and this is one of them.

7. Carmageddon - N64.
Though, admittedly, this was excellent for a quick blast of fun with your mates, the game was not worth £40.00. The visuals were terrible, at best, and though the game had quite a fast pace, glitches were constantly cropping up, ruining the game. Apart from a bit of a laugh for five minutes every now and then, this game stank.

8. World's Scariest Police Chases - PSOne.
There was heaps of advertising for this game, with claims such as 'The thrill of your life!' and 'Never has a game come so close to police work!'. It was a crying shame the game never lived up to these expectations. It was slow, poorly animated and the ideas for chases were poorly thought out and not much fun at all.

9. Aero Gauge - N64.
As with Carmageddon, this was great fun for the first half and hour or so, but then it became boring. The four vehicles were round about the same, as were the four tracks. Evidently, this game did not offer value for money, and there were no unlockable extras. After a couple of days this game was back in it's box, and after a week, back in the shop.

10. James Bond 007 in Agent Under Fire - PS2.
Here's your typical EA game - poorly designed and thought out. While the few driving levels are good fun, the rest of the game lacks imagination and seems to follow the typical FPS formula. It becomes tedious very quickly, and with the ability to run out of the way of bullets, it's not very realistic. The multiplayer's terrible, too.
Wed 25/09/02 at 12:09
Regular
"Remember me?"
1) Carmageddon 64 (N64) - terribly shoddy visuals, laughable sound "effects", retarded AI and it's practically impossible to control. My cousin got it for his birthday... needless to say, we didn't play it for long.

2) Actua Tennis (PSOne) - this has plenty of entertainment value... it's just a pity that it's hilarious for all the wrong reasons. Have you played it? The players slide along the court! This game has to be awarded "Best Non-existant Gameplay" or something. Boo... hiss... etc.

3) Hard Driving (Mega Drive) - with games like Sonic the Hedgehog showing us what the Mega Drive was capable of, this "effort" was just poor. Single shaded textures (!) didn't complement the uncontrollable cars. Still, the replays were funny... even if they did show off the fact that you had crashed after hitting nothing but thin air.

4) FIFA Soccer 64 (N64) - one of my mates is a huge footy fan, and keeps insisting that this game is good. But. It's. Not. There are just too many things to say about the extreme crapness of this game. Use your imagination.

5) Hexen 64 (N64) - Why did they bother?
Wed 25/09/02 at 12:00
Regular
"A man with a stick"
1.) Red Faction (PS2) - Over hyped rubbish. Too easy, bland level designs and a multiplayer mode which was just plain boring.

2.) 007 in Agent Under Fire (PS2) - Great graphics and awesome driving sections, but the rest was just crap. Extremly dull shooting and sneaking levels that just bored me half to death. Too easy as well.

3.) Pro Rally 2002 (PS2) - My brother accidently bought this instead of the much better WRC. Everything about it was rubbish, the graphics, controls ect.. it had no challange and was no fun to play at all. Thankfully my brother rufunded it for WRC.

4.) Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (PS2) - I was looking forward to this, but I was deeply dissapointed when I eventually played it. It just copied everything from the first 3 games, same plotline, same characters, same bloody zombies and creatures. Great 3D engine, naff game-play.

5.) Fighting Force (PS1) - I loved Streets of Rage on the mega drive, so thats why I decided to get this. It was fun the first time I played it, but it was far too short and too repetative to to play through again and agian.

Those are the 5 imediate games I can think of now, and there perhaps some of the worst I've played.
Wed 25/09/02 at 09:51
Regular
"innocent"
how about barbie for the gameboy, my sis had it and it was the worst game ive ever seen, or failing that pretty much any of the army men games are quite poor
Tue 24/09/02 at 22:34
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Whitestripes wrote:
> phi11ip wrote:
>
> You think they are good enough for the worst games ever!?!
>
> Heh.

Hmmmm....

Shut it!

CORRECTION

'You think they are bad enough for the worst gamers ever!?!'
Tue 24/09/02 at 22:32
Regular
phi11ip wrote:

> You think they are good enough for the worst games ever!?!

Heh.
Tue 24/09/02 at 22:30
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Devious Dragon wrote:
> Don't have much of a lst
> 1) Clayfighter 64 1/3 (N64)
> 2) Kirby 64: Crystal shards (N64)
> 3) Universal studios (GC)
> 4) Gauntlet Dark Legacy (PS1, GC)
> 5) Halo (Xbox)
> 6) Pikmin (GC)
> 7) Super Monkey Ball (GC)
> 8) The Mummy Returns (PS2)

You havn't played much have you?

Let's see...

Halo
Pikmin
SMB

You think they are good enough for the worst games ever!?!

Oh dear!

Three great games!
Tue 24/09/02 at 22:11
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Heres my 10... (no particular order)
1. Superman (N64)
2. Army Men (a puke drenched abomination on any format)
3. Universal Studios (GC)
4. Marble Madness (NES)
5. Flintstones: Viva Rock Vegas (PS2)
6. Clayfighter (every format it ever had the cheek to appear on)
7. Dragons Lair (again - any format it appears)
8. Godai (PS2)
9. Driven (GC)
10. WWF Attitude (DC)
Tue 24/09/02 at 21:05
"The Will of D."
Don't have much of a lst
1) Clayfighter 64 1/3 (N64)
2) Kirby 64: Crystal shards (N64)
3) Universal studios (GC)
4) Gauntlet Dark Legacy (PS1, GC)
5) Halo (Xbox)
6) Pikmin (GC)
7) Super Monkey Ball (GC)
8) The Mummy Returns (PS2)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.