GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vote for the top 10 'worst' games of all time..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/09/02 at 14:54
Regular
Hi,

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in so I shut my eyes, twiddled my fingers and poked the monitor.

Ok, what I would want you kind people to do is think over, say, since gaming time began, and post a list of 5 worst games of all time. Thinking all the way back to the first time you got involved in gaming and up to the present day.

Put a small description beside each nomination on why you hate it and I will count up the votes on the... 7th of next month? And will make a top 10 out of it.

My 5 games are as follows...

Iznogoud (PSone) A side-scrolling piece of **** that took my money and did a runner.

DOOM (Sega Saturn) More ugly than a just-woken-up-Tony-Blair.

Rogue Squadron (N64) After enjoying the flight sections of Shadows Of The Empire, I bought this with much anticipation. But what a pile of fuuu... crap it turned out to be. Fog 10 metres in front of you and rubish handling left me more than bitter. Grrr.

Rainbow 6 (PSone) Or any Tom Clancy game to be exact.

Hexen (N64) It was ported to the n64 in a way that words just can not describe.

Ok, I'm only 15 years of age so I don't have a very long gaming past, but see if you can do any better. And remember, I don't want games that you just feel are slightly crap or dull, I want your games that you think are utter abominations. Thanks.
Tue 08/10/02 at 22:38
Regular
Now there's a list that would make Mr Happy cry...
Tue 08/10/02 at 14:44
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Hi,

I'm sorry I've been a bit late with this but here we go anyway. The top 10 worst games of all time are...

1/ Clayfighter 64

2/ Armymen (all formats)

3/ Dogz (PC)

4/ Adidas power soccer (PSone)

5/ Hexen 64

6/ Carmagedon 64

7/ Driven (all formats apparently)

8/ Auro Gauge (N64)

9/ Dave Mirra 2-3 (PS2)

10/ 007 agent under fire (PS2)

There's one or two games I wouldn't have personally included but, hey, there you go. Thanks for all your replies and I hope the games above will be ashamed for all time. But I'm sure there's even more worse games than these.

Oh, I'm "xBeanx" but my email isn't working for some reason.

Bye!
Sat 28/09/02 at 22:27
Regular
I am" said the Pig "Where you going?"
Sat 28/09/02 at 00:45
Regular
"Unretired"
indeed
Sat 28/09/02 at 00:39
Regular
Elite Chaos wrote:
> Tribute wrote:
> 1)Dave Mirra 3 (X-B)
> 2) Three Lions (PS1)
> 3) Rogue Leader (GC)
> 4) Extreme G3 (gc)
> 5) Harry Potter 1 (GBA)
> M'Kay?

Out of that, I'd extract Rogue Leader, and Extreme G3.

> Devious Dragon wrote:
> Don't have much of a lst
> 1) Clayfighter 64 1/3 (N64)
> 2) Kirby 64: Crystal shards (N64)
> 3) Universal studios (GC)
> 4) Gauntlet Dark Legacy (PS1, GC)
> 5) Halo (Xbox)
> 6) Pikmin (GC)
> 7) Super Monkey Ball (GC)
> 8) The Mummy Returns (PS2)

Out of that I'd extract Kirby 64: Crystal Shards, Halo, Pikmin and Super Monkey Ball.

But who cares? It's my opinion and their opinion. It doesn't mean to say that I'm right and they're wrong. If that's what they think, then fine. Who are we to call them mad?
Fri 27/09/02 at 22:33
Elite Chaos wrote:

>
> Are you two mad?
> Rogue Leader is no way worthy of the worst game.
> Pikmin, halo and super monkey ball, some of the best games out for any
> console at the moment. Jesus what do you call a good game?
>
> And there was someone who posted that luigi's mansion is the worst!
> what!
>

I have to admit that I wasn't that impressed with Luigis mansion and Super Monkey ball but I wouldn't EVER consider putting them in the top ten worst games. Spose it is opinion.
Fri 27/09/02 at 22:17
Regular
"Unretired"
Tribute wrote:
> 1)Dave Mirra 3 (X-B)
> 2) Three Lions (PS1)
> 3) Rogue Leader (GC)
> 4) Extreme G3 (gc)
> 5) Harry Potter 1 (GBA)
> M'Kay?

Devious Dragon wrote:
> Don't have much of a lst
> 1) Clayfighter 64 1/3 (N64)
> 2) Kirby 64: Crystal shards (N64)
> 3) Universal studios (GC)
> 4) Gauntlet Dark Legacy (PS1, GC)
> 5) Halo (Xbox)
> 6) Pikmin (GC)
> 7) Super Monkey Ball (GC)
> 8) The Mummy Returns (PS2)

Are you two mad?
Rogue Leader is no way worthy of the worst game.
Pikmin, halo and super monkey ball, some of the best games out for any console at the moment. Jesus what do you call a good game?

And there was someone who posted that luigi's mansion is the worst! what!

Sheesh.
Fri 27/09/02 at 22:14
Regular
"Unretired"
boxcar_boy wrote:
> how about barbie for the gameboy, my sis had it and it was the worst
> game ive ever seen, or failing that pretty much any of the army men
> games are quite poor

hehehe "your sis".......

Your just ashamed you bought it hey?
Fri 27/09/02 at 19:53
Regular
Interesting...
Thu 26/09/02 at 12:12
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Here are 5 more of the worst games I've ever played, Starting with:

6.) Army Men: Toys in Space (PC) - Yep, I got an Army Men game, and I'm not proud of it either. Absolute rubbish, I only bought it because it cost £5 and I wanted to play a new game, too bad it was a game with no game-play. It lacks any king of A.I. your soldiers actually have no brains, which could explain why they don't do anything when they get shot despite ordering them to defend themselves, idiots. Put this together with crap level design, very poor graphics and a playing experience which it just too boring to be any fun, and your left with a very bad game that's not even worth £1, let alone 5.

7.) Chase the Express (PS1) - Looked like a decent action game, too bad I didn't read any reveiws on it before hand, as it actually sucked. Way too easy, far too short and just no real fun to play. Also, the graphics where wierd. It's like the devlopers tried to make pre-rendered backgrounds look 3D. It didn't work, infact it looked a right mess, just like the rest of the game.

8.) Messiah (PC) - Had an origanal idea, you play as an angel sent to earth for some strange reason that's never really explained, and you can posess any one you want, and cause chaos amoungst everyone. Trouble is, this game turns out to be nothing more than an annoying platformer which is one type of game I can't stand. As you may have guessed, too annoying to be any fun.

9.) Delta Force: Land Warrior (PC) - I liked the previous Delta Force games, they where fun if nothing special. This game was also fun, but at the time there where far better tactical shooters out, and this game just couldn't stand out amoung them. Awful graphics, extremly poor A.I. and it got far too repetative far too quickly. I find it amusing the U.S. army where shouting about using this game as a training simulator for it's soldiers. I wouldn't even use it as a training simulator for the boy scouts, as it's so tame, and easy.

10.) Resident Evil Gun Survivor (PS1) - Not a truly bad game, just too much of an easy one. My main complaint is with the control method. When I play a gun game, I just want to pick up a light gun and shoot things, but here I had to use the bloody thing to move about all over the place. It acted more like a FPS than a gun game, and it just too complicated to move and shoot at tha same time. Too much trouble for nothing really, as the game took less than a day to complete.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.