GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"YHQotD"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/09/02 at 14:47
Regular
I think that was title... yes I'm not YH but has catchy title

---

Seatbelts on planes?

Why?

The main purpose in cars is to stop you going 40mph through the window

As much use as a parachute in a car
Tue 24/09/02 at 17:21
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Mystique wrote:
> Heres a better one.
>
> Why do shops that are open 24 hours, Seven days a week, 365 days a
> year have locks on the doors?

Because if they have an emergency they can lock up.
Tue 24/09/02 at 17:05
Regular
Don't forget: Making sure you are attached to your seat when you get sucked out of the plane falling 30,000ft to a splattery death.

Thats reminded me of that Game Splatter House 2 on the mega drive, it scared me.
Hey I was only nine!
Tue 24/09/02 at 16:57
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
You're made to wear seatbelts in planes for the same reasons as in cars. To prevent injury in minor incidents, like the aircraft overrunning the runway on landing or takeoff, along with the aforementioned turbulence and so-on.

The other way of looking at it is the airlines have to show due diligence, otherwise, they'd get sued to heck and back whenever anyone fell over during tubulence, manouevers or climb/descent. This way, it's the passenger's fault for not wearing his seat belt.

And it is possible (although not easy) to ditch the aircraft in water with a full load of passengers without killing everyone. Wouldn't be very comfortable though.
Tue 24/09/02 at 16:42
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Basically, it's for bad turbulance!

I was coming home from Turin last year and the plane went through some really bad turbulance, we were bouncing about and everything!

In some cases it has been known for people to get thrown out of their seats when the plane goes through really bad turbulance!

See, there is a good reason!
Tue 24/09/02 at 16:25
Regular
Good point. But you don't win
:op
Tue 24/09/02 at 16:16
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Sounds good enough to me

And to Myst's question (which I saw in NME one week)

It might have been in other hands before they bought it or door came with lock or something
Tue 24/09/02 at 16:13
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
In a plane emergency you're given oxygen and you take deep panic breathes, the oxygen get's you high, you become euphoric, dosile, you accept your fate calmly.

According to Tyler Durden anyway

;)
Tue 24/09/02 at 16:12
Regular
LW-Lethal Weapon-LW wrote:
> oh sorry as i dont know if you were He / She as i dont know you.
Now you know.
Tue 24/09/02 at 16:11
Regular
Mystique wrote:
> Heres a better one.
>
> Why do shops that are open 24 hours, Seven days a week, 365 days a
> year have locks on the doors?

Incase they run out of business
Tue 24/09/02 at 16:10
Regular
Heres a better one.

Why do shops that are open 24 hours, Seven days a week, 365 days a year have locks on the doors?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.