GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 S-video or Scart"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/09/02 at 16:27
Regular
Can anyone tell me whether I'll get a better picture for games and DVDs using a S-video cable for my PS2 or a Scart?
Tue 24/09/02 at 19:40
"MMMMM, Chicken"
Nice to see how humour is wasted on the ignorant, but of couse BT wont be reading this ....right....
Tue 24/09/02 at 18:05
Regular
Hi,

"Hate"... that is a very strong word.

How surprised I was to see:

"1.Whoever cancelled Popular, Freaks + Geeks Dark Angel and Roswell"

at the top of your list (no doubt your re-assessing the order of your list at this very moment). A perfect match, for the profile I had for you in my mind.

I can't believe that simply sending a URL would prevoke so much reaction.

This is very, very sad. I can't believe your dragging me into an online argument like this. I'll repeat my advice very clearly:

Re-assess your priorities in life: friends, getting out, etc.

Not wasting time on your computer writing rude, snappy postings to people who are simply sending URL's, hoping to help someone else out. Or writing lists of things you hate - this is very bad for the soul. You need to socilise a bit more and go out to a few pubs... (why not start tonight - drag out a few lads, get slossed, watch the footie, talk to a few ladies, ...)

I'm not going to get dragged in any more so I'm not going to reply to any of your postings again... no doubt your write some witty reply (I really do hope you feel much better for it)

Just to let you know I will not be reading it (even out of curiosity) so your simply be talking to the hand!!

BTW: I don't hate you... I just feel sorry for you.

BTW2: I can't wait to tell the lads that I'm a mere "newbie".
Tue 24/09/02 at 17:09
"MMMMM, Chicken"
Genesisofthesith's hate list:
1.Whoever cancelled Popular, Freaks + Geeks Dark Angel and Roswell.
2.Soul Survivors
3.Rosie O Donnell
4.Drinks in Cartons
5.Badgerturnip

BT, Judging by the ammount of time you spent looking for URL's at least one person spends too much time obsessing about trivial things (credit indeed, you go on a tyrade about how you deserve credit, but denouncing the idea of someone wanting credit, I hope the irony isn't lost on you). I was merely pointing out that you, a newbie(not that Im bias against newbies in general, just those who can see their own peristaltic movements)were posting a link that WòókieeMøn§†€® gave a day before, so I was merely pointing out that if you had just copied it that you should have gave credit to its originator WòókieeMøn§†€®. The whole scenario just seemed mighty suspicious. OK?
Tue 24/09/02 at 11:19
Regular
Hi,

I would totally agree with you, "allears". I did'nt look to see how extortionate those monster cables cost (I nearly had a cardic arrest when you printed the 50 pound price tag!). When I first got my PS2 nearly 2 years ago, there was a similar debate on the the gamespot forum (I think it was that one) about component, composite and S-video cables. It was mainly people over in the states with their home cinema systems (with Projectors, Super Dolby 17+ and all sorts) talking about it. I seem to remember that they concluded that "monster cables were the best".

That forum now looks like a dead link:

"http://forums.gamespot.zdnet.com/group
/zd.Games.Playstation/videogames/
oviewnt.tpt/@thread@first@F@300@D-,D@ALL?ROS=1"

Unfortunately, I have a TV that looks like something out of the sixty's (nope, I don't have to keep tuning a big dial to tune it, but the remote does have a lead connected to the TV... [only joking!]).

I did'nt upgrade because I don't have a super dupper TV (with all the gizmo's) and I don't know whether I would really notice the difference that much. I would only upgrade from the one which comes with the PS2 (which does'nt seem too bad to me) if I got an expensive TV.

"genesisofthesith":

Let my enlighten you "genesisofthesith", and put you out of all that wondering! (I hope you did'nt lose any sleep). As you have probably noted from the above I remembered about this from long ago (this may or not have been gamespot - it was a long time ago!).

There is a more recent one (which appears not to be used as well now) with lots of similar debates at (do a search for S Video or something):

http://forums.gamespot.com/gamespot/board?board.id=ps2

I am not seeking any kind of "credit" or "recognition", on the contary I think it's very sad that somebody seeks credit online like this (exactly how would anybody get the credit anyway? Does somebody send though a nice 12 yr old bottle of scotch or something?) It turns out I'm the one wondering now...

If I got the site from your source then would'nt I have seen a post or something from you saying "they dont ship to the uk, so dont bother" like you said below. If not, why did'nt you help the people posting back then?

I really do have to question your state of mind.

I would rather be anonymous, but I was merely replying to "allears" (and anyone else who is interested) with an URL which may (or perhaps may not, as it turns out) help them.

I am very pleased for you that this was one of "your" topics some time ago. In fact I'm ecstatic - give the man a cigar.

Out of interest: Do you spend a lot of you spare time on your computer?

I am not tring to be rude but have you seeked any help. I don't wish to know, but you might think about things: your life, friends, getting out, etc.

Please don't take offence by this, I just hope this gets you thinking about what is important in life... not recognition on some BB. This BB is there to help you and ask questions, not to abuse anyone who posts: (in the voice of the techie, comic collector, out of the Simpsons) "Actually, I believe a far more accurate post was made by "woomagoo" on the 15th June 1998, stating that...".

genesisofthesith wrote:
> badgerturnip wrote:
> Looks like there is some decent cables at:
>
> http://www.monstercable.com/monstergame/ps2
>
>
> I wonder where you saw this, in one of my topics about component leads
> prehaps? WòókieeMøn§†€® first reported
> the site so passing on the credit would have been nice.
>
> Anyway, they dont ship to the uk, so dont bother.
Tue 24/09/02 at 10:01
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Here you are:

http://cgi.ebay.co. uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dl l?ViewItem&item=1383224980

(2 spaces)

Here's what i have, great picture.
Tue 24/09/02 at 09:59
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
£50!!!!!!!

Try ebay, i got my s-video cable for about £5, and it works fine.
Tue 24/09/02 at 09:26
Thanks for the help everyone, unless anyone tells me different in the next couple of days it looks like I'll be opting for the s-video cable. I've seen the cables at Monster.com and noticed that Amazon sells their s-video cable. Although they look very nice I think £50 for a cable seems a lot of cash when amazon also sell an alternative (albeit not 24ct gold or nitrogen-filled) for a tenner.
Mon 23/09/02 at 19:39
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
I went from the cable you get with the console to a s-video. the picture quality is loads better. No blurry reds.

I'd reccomend s-video but i've never used a proper scart, only one that comes with it.

Hope this helps
Mon 23/09/02 at 18:05
"MMMMM, Chicken"
badgerturnip wrote:
> Looks like there is some decent cables at:
>
> http://www.monstercable.com/monstergame/ps2

I wonder where you saw this, in one of my topics about component leads prehaps? WòókieeMøn§†€® first reported the site so passing on the credit would have been nice.

Anyway, they dont ship to the uk, so dont bother.
Mon 23/09/02 at 17:37
Regular
Looks like there is some decent cables at:

http://www.monstercable.com/monstergame/ps2

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.