GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"West Ham - Up for relegation?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/09/02 at 11:03
Regular
An abysmal start to the season, and an admission by the players that they aren't loyal to the club can only spell bad things.

From wannabe European contenders to fighting against relegation, it seems that the Hammers fans have grossly over-estimated their team this season.

And here's the really interesting part - if Ham get relegated, all their best players will demand to be allowed to leave the club, and West Ham will never make it back up again. Or if they do, it will take 5 years or more, unless someone gives them £50million plus to spend.
Tue 01/10/02 at 21:37
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Or†ega wrote:
> J-42 wrote:
> West ham only just meanaged to survive last season.
>
> They finished 7th last year didnt they?

I dunno, wild guess, i just know they're crap!
Tue 01/10/02 at 14:27
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I don't think they will go down, simply because they have the players to win when they need to, i.e. they recently beat chelsea away and utd last season. However in order for them to succeed the likes of Carrick, Cole, Di Canio, Kanoute, Defoe have to be willing to graft for the team all the time. Harry Redknapp was the man to bring these players and nuture them and was the best thing that happened to West Ham, it's a shame they didn't realise this.
Tue 01/10/02 at 14:16
Regular
J-42 wrote:
West ham only just meanaged to survive last season.

They finished 7th last year didnt they?
Mon 30/09/02 at 21:28
Regular
"Yaarrgghh!"
Going down
Sinking
Dropping
Being relegated
Falling
Taking a step downwards

Whatever you call it, the hapless Hammers are doin' it!
Mon 30/09/02 at 20:50
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Beefcake wrote:
> West Ham will not be relegated, we just like to give everyone a head
> start each season to make things interesting.
>
> In truth we need some defenders and until we get some we will always
> run the risk of relegation, or a low position.

Of course they'll be relegated, after that Tottenham thrashing, the only reason it wasn't 16-2, was because we'd like to spare you some dignity.West ham only just meanaged to survive last season.

:D
Mon 30/09/02 at 16:44
Regular
"Long time no see!"
What West Ham need is some real inspiration from a new player.
Like DiCano and Joe Cole, but someone new. They're getting old to the West Ham team, and way too fast.

That's one thing I don't like about this new Transfer Window set-up thing; you can't always buy new players to save your team when you need them most. And now is the time for the Hammers, but the bloomin' window stays-shut untill January!
Sun 29/09/02 at 19:11
"Darth Vader 3442321"
West Ham will not be relegated, we just like to give everyone a head start each season to make things interesting.

In truth we need some defenders and until we get some we will always run the risk of relegation, or a low position.
Mon 23/09/02 at 21:38
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Foreman wrote:
> 6. Bolton = If they play how they did against Man U, Arsenal and
> Liverpool then they should be the smaller teams and survive.

But they did brilliantly against the top teams like Liverpool and Man U last season and were even leading the Prenmiership for the first few weeks but look where they finished at the end of it. Only a couple of places off relegation and with Ricketts not producing thus far, things may turn a little bleak for them.

And with Sunderland, i'm sure that no other manager would be able to come in, take Peter Reids job and do any better than he has. It is not a great squad and more than likely will end up in the First Division come the end of the season but the fans seem to have neglected the fact that they started in that division and Reid took them up from there.
Mon 23/09/02 at 18:19
Regular
Foreman wrote:
> 6. Bolton = If they play how they did against Man U, Arsenal and
> Liverpool then they should be the smaller teams and survive.

Aye, and always a bonus when they got the luxery of having players such as Tofting and Okocha on the bench!
Mon 23/09/02 at 17:43
Regular
"Bobba you"
Yep West Ham will go down and Leicester will take there place :-P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.