GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Getaway Delayed Again!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/09/02 at 17:57
Regular
Yes you heard right...

The Getaway is being delayed until January 2003 due to disclosed reasons. Also adding they would like to make the game perfect and complete the game to the full potential.

I just hope they provide a great lengthy game for the gamers who have been waiting ages for this title. Role on 2003...

Why?
Sat 21/09/02 at 17:57
Yes you heard right...

The Getaway is being delayed until January 2003 due to disclosed reasons. Also adding they would like to make the game perfect and complete the game to the full potential.

I just hope they provide a great lengthy game for the gamers who have been waiting ages for this title. Role on 2003...

Why?
Sat 21/09/02 at 17:59
Regular
"Whatever!"
Noooooooooooo This cant be happening!!

Oh well if its to make it better then I guess its not all bad!
Sat 21/09/02 at 18:42
Regular
"360: swfcman"
In all honesty this is rather pathetic, and a bad move on there part. They do realise that Vice City comes out in November, the games biggest rival, and its going to miss the Christmas time period. Not much our problem but still, the developers cant even release the game on time and now there missing the biggest gaming season of the year. Smart move.

If this game turns out to be not so good, im going to be first in line to point and laugh.
Sat 21/09/02 at 20:09
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Oh man, we wait bloomin ages to get info on the bloody game, and now we have the devlopers are delaying it even longer. What the hell have they been doing all this time? Crikey, I can only hope this is the last delay, but no matter, no doubt I'll be playing GTA: Vice long after I get it, so I 'can' wait for the Getaway.
Sat 21/09/02 at 20:14
"smelly!!"
Well that was a smart move [sarcastic tone], if they think it will be perfect, lets hope they have the same idea of perfect as the gamers. Nobody buys a game in January, all their money has been spent on christmas
Sat 21/09/02 at 20:50
Regular
"Bobba you"
Nooooooooooooooooooo!

I can't wait that long :-(
Sat 21/09/02 at 21:08
Cool, they just decided for me now i don't have to choose between the 2. Vice city it is.:)
Sat 21/09/02 at 21:14
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
I really don't see the point in delaying a game to make it "better". The game obviously wasn't that good in the first place if they need to improve it. It's also not an origional idea. Can't see how it will suceed. Alas, i expect to be wrong :D
Sun 22/09/02 at 00:26
Regular
"You Bum!!"
*yawn* They had almost 3 years to improve it so they must be a lousy development team then.....
Mon 23/09/02 at 10:06
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Why? wrote:
> Yes you heard right...
>
> The Getaway is being delayed until January 2003 due to disclosed
> reasons. Also adding they would like to make the game perfect and
> complete the game to the full potential.
>
>
> I just hope they provide a great lengthy game for the gamers who have
> been waiting ages for this title. Role on 2003...

Deja vu?

Didn't this happen last year, when lo' and behold Grand Theft Auto 3 was on the verge of release?

What they actually mean about "making the game perfect and complete the game to the full potential" is "we've seen Vice City and it p*sses over The Getaway".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.