GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Getaway Delayed Again!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/09/02 at 17:57
Regular
Yes you heard right...

The Getaway is being delayed until January 2003 due to disclosed reasons. Also adding they would like to make the game perfect and complete the game to the full potential.

I just hope they provide a great lengthy game for the gamers who have been waiting ages for this title. Role on 2003...

Why?
Mon 30/09/02 at 14:45
Regular
I've got no problem waiting longer for the release of The Getaway - I'll have GTA:VC to keep me busy.
Mon 30/09/02 at 14:37
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm really looking forward to thge getaway, trouble is though, with it delayed until Jan and with GTA: VC on the way, it's a game I can wait for. I just hope they don't delay it agian.
Mon 30/09/02 at 11:03
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Maverick42 wrote:
> I can't believe how many people are slating The Getaway! From what
> I've seen it looks amazing, and a lot more innovative than GTA: Vice
> City. The critics seem to think so, too.

Well until i see the game running in real time at my finger tips in the shops im not getting into this game at all. If the game is an all out blockbuster, fair play to them. If it turns out to be crap then ill shout out i told you so.

Until then we really have nothing to go on till it comes out.

Remember there has been a few other games that have been delayed so many times and yet turn out to be crap. We dont even know what its been delayed for, are they still working on the game play elements or something like licensing agreements?
Mon 30/09/02 at 00:03
"High polygon count"
Maverick42 wrote:
> I can't believe how many people are slating The Getaway!

Me either!

It's similar to GTA, but has a much more serious anlge to it. As I used to live in London, I can't wait - I'm sure I'll recognise most of it.

I've got both The Getaway and Vice City chosen as GAD prizes, and I'm looking forward to both equally.
Sun 29/09/02 at 23:41
Regular
I can't believe how many people are slating The Getaway! From what I've seen it looks amazing, and a lot more innovative than GTA: Vice City. The critics seem to think so, too.
Tue 24/09/02 at 18:58
Regular
oh and hi triple rhys ;)
Tue 24/09/02 at 18:56
Regular
maybe they read the magazine reviews and then decided to make it better.

www.thegetaway.co.uk
Mon 23/09/02 at 18:31
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Damm it. I was hoping to get that game within the next couple of months. Stupid company. I just hope it is worth waiting for. The same thing happend with Max Payne.
Mon 23/09/02 at 10:27
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I think the Getaway will be more like Mafia that GTA. In GTA you cannot fail, if you die you come back, fail a mission just do another one. In Mafia if you die its game over, fail a mission game over. Like Rosalind said Getaway s going to be much more linear.
Mon 23/09/02 at 10:21
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Bleeders wrote:
> Didn't this happen last year, when lo' and behold Grand Theft Auto 3
> was on the verge of release?
>
> What they actually mean about "making the game perfect and
> complete the game to the full potential" is "we've seen Vice
> City and it p*sses over The Getaway".

I think you should withold judgement until you have played both of the games. I don't really see why one has to be better than the other. They aren't ment to be the same game, they are different. The Getaway is going to be much more linear but that doesn't nessasarily mean that it is going to worse. Its not likely that GTA: Vice City will stink, but stranger things have happened.

Anyway, I can't wait for both of them to get released, because I'm going to buy both of them and I'm really looking forwards to them :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.