GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I sometimes wonder why SHEEPY was made a notable..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/09/02 at 00:45
Regular
Just look at the stupid topics he comes out with..

http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/ display_messages.php?threadid=54263&forumid=416

(2 Spaces)

I mean I find personally offensive that he writes stupid immature topics like that about me, but im not gona stoop as low as he has.

Explain to me again why you were you made a notable again SHEEPY?

--------------------

will anything be done about this staff?

I predict: Not.
Sat 21/09/02 at 01:15
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I just copied the URL to see what the post was, and got the 'Thank you
> for reporting this post' message.
>
> I can understand that you don't like the post, but that's a bit
> crafty, posting the 'Report this post' link. SR are going to have a
> flood of reports, from people that may not have wanted to report the
> post.
>
> Tut tut!

*Sensing an imminent banning for a certain someone*
Sat 21/09/02 at 01:23
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Right I do know how thats happened, I reported SHEEPY's post and then done this post, therefore the URL I copied and pasted must have been on the report post bit, but I didn't realise.

Sorry.
Sat 21/09/02 at 01:24
Regular
In regard to the link...

What would he have to achieve by doing that anyway? Everyone would blatently see all the reports were becasue of the link. Accident pure and simple.
Sat 21/09/02 at 01:30
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Hey as soon as a put that link in it said that I had reported it! Sorry simple mistake SR. Don't kill me.

"hides behind Absolute neo"
Sat 21/09/02 at 01:32
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Yeh thats my mistake Drunk Cow, don't worry about it.
Sat 21/09/02 at 01:35
"High polygon count"
If by some chance the staff didn't realise that the 'Report' link had been posted, they may have thought that many people found the post offensive.

I didn't notice when I was pasting it - how often to you read the whole of such a link? Especially one within the SR network, which is trusted.

It may be that each reported post only notches up one count on SR's system, but we don't know that. I'm sure it doesn't, but assume for example that each click sends an automated e-mail with the link to Bob or Ali. Instant flooded mailbox.
Sat 21/09/02 at 01:42
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Well it was an accident on my behalf wookie, I wouldn't deliberatly do something like that, its not in my nature, the post itself says that, I could have gone all out to play SHEEPY at his own game, but I didn't. I did howveer report his post many times, because I thought wot he said was wrong, and I copied and pasted that link, not knowing that the report bit was on the end, look how long the bloody URL is, as you said noone really tends to read these things.
Sat 21/09/02 at 11:16
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
AbsoluT Neo, leave SHEEPY alone - he was voted in as Notable because at the time he was voted he one of the best posters on the site, and was generally liked by everyone. I'm not saying he isn't any more either, because I know loads of people that do like SHEEPY, even if he can't be bothered posting good stuff any more.

SHEEPY rocks. Anyone that says he doesn't obviously doesn't themselves.
Sat 21/09/02 at 11:25
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Nobody saw the half a dozen 'abuserep=1' things on the end of the URL?

Still, if it was deliberate, it's amusingly cunning, if a little evil. Would be even more amusing to see how Sheepy reacted if he was banned. Not that I want it to happen, I just think it will be amusing if it does.

Sheepy's post does seem a little too far though, to be honest. What triggered it?
Sat 21/09/02 at 11:44
"possibly impossible"
hm, must be something in the air. Everyone seems to be getting cross of late. Now breathe, that's it, deep breaths.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.