GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Someone's on a thread-killing spree..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/11/05 at 16:15
Regular
[B]
Wed 02/11/05 at 17:15
"High polygon count"
As you know, though, you can always sign up again.

And there are other forums.

Banning people for trivial matters is a better way to lose customers than having uncompetitive prices.

Does anyone actually buy here blindly, without checking out prices elsewhere first? Probably not. So does posting links make any difference? Probably not.

I'm guessing most of SR's remaining customers either don't know about or don't visit these forums anyway.

SR should invest in some advertising, make sure the prices are competitive and then get themselves listed on sites like find-games.co.uk, Kelkoo, PriceRunner and so on. It'll do more for sales than deleteing links to Tesco.
Wed 02/11/05 at 17:02
Regular
"AKA oasismark"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Jive wrote:
> still being a Notable, you should know better :D
>
> Ah, but my peers elected me as a Notable. By notifying them of
> discounts, I feel I am providing a valuable service. :-D

Then i'd say watch out cos notifying people of discounts got me banned.
Wed 02/11/05 at 16:56
"High polygon count"
Jive wrote:
> still being a Notable, you should know better :D

Ah, but my peers elected me as a Notable. By notifying them of discounts, I feel I am providing a valuable service. :-D
Wed 02/11/05 at 16:43
Regular
S'funny how you get banned without warning for mentioning (not even linking!) a competitor, yet people can get away with posting offensive videos and pictures and not even get a warning...
Wed 02/11/05 at 16:41
Regular
"AKA oasismark"
Wooah

i even got banned for it without a warning!!

and all my posts removed

someones very touchy today, time of the month ot what.

Just trying to help people out and save cash,

SR should lower their prices if they wonna compete.

Never bought from SR anyway, can always find it cheaper elsewhere.

Prob get banned again,

see you soon under another name ;)
Wed 02/11/05 at 16:36
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Ah .. I see, well it doesn't surprise you though does it? Seen SR delete posts before whenever anyone else is mentioned .. still being a Notable, you should know better :D
Wed 02/11/05 at 16:26
"High polygon count"
No, that's still there - or was a second ago. As SR don't appear to sell Memory Stick Duo's (or didn't when I looked a few days ago), they really have no business deleting that thread anyway. (Though I suspect it'll disappear now).

I started a thread titled "SR are allergic to supermarkets" and it's gone.

I only mentioned that I got RE4 Limited Edition (which SR don't currently sell, by the way) for a bargain price. Didn't link to or name the site/store in question at all... and it's gone!
Wed 02/11/05 at 16:22
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Ahh .. get it now, was that the 1gb memory card you posted up Wookie?
Wed 02/11/05 at 16:19
"High polygon count"
Blimey, that went quick - and I didn't even link to or name the site!

Touchy!
Wed 02/11/05 at 16:19
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
. . .

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.