GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think my PS2 isn't as well as it should be....."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/09/02 at 00:38
Regular
Completing Metal Gear Solid 2 for the...well...more times that i can remember, trying to get all the dog tags (Sad, i know) and i've noticed that the sound doesn't play in certain film sequences and it's quite worrying. The Intro where Snake is walking along the bridge, when Raiden is being told about what happened two years ago while panning along the bridge and the Big Shell, the near end sequence where Raiden and Rose are talking a load a poo and the poo final song are all deprived of sound. I can't really remember doing anything to cause this loss in sound either. It just happened!
My PS2 is situated on a wooden shelf and when i play Tekken Tag i have to take the lamp off the shelf because the console vibrates that much that the lamp shakes and causes a buzzing sound which is quite annoying. It's sounds like a rusty chainsaw when i lay it horizontal. Also Tekken Tag sometimes doesn't load and i'm left with a black screen, it also takes a long time to load up fights as well.
Sometime accompanied with a lot of "sound" from the console when playing games i'm thinking that it might not last that long :(

Darkreaper
Thu 19/09/02 at 19:26
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
you think your sony is bad my one dosn't even let any games with a single scratch work thats why I took it back on monday and should be getting a new one tomorrow.
Thu 19/09/02 at 19:25
"For the horde!!!!"
yeah it's proberly just dust logging up the fan. That or you are useing it a lot lol, if so give it a break :)
Thu 19/09/02 at 18:58
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Apologies if this seems really obvious but;

My PS2 started doing the same thing (no loss of sound though), it'd vibrate and buzz whilst playing DVD's. When I checked it I found the front air intakes and the back ones really clogged with dust - I mean badly - so I cleaned it off with a duster, and it doesn't do it anymore.

Failing that ring Sony, but whatever you do do not let them say they'll call you back because they rarely do in my experience. Just stay on hold and you'll eventually get sorted.

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 19/09/02 at 16:42
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
As for the other things, yes, phone sony and tell them that it's unreliable. They're probably replace it with a refurbished one.
Thu 19/09/02 at 16:41
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Go into MGS2's options and make sure Dolby Digital is turned off. That might do it.
Thu 19/09/02 at 10:59
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Phone Sony !

If it's within warranty then no probs at all but they do have a very good reputation for sorting out problems and even replacing kit that is out of the warranty period (Unless of course you have opened it at all)
Thu 19/09/02 at 00:38
Completing Metal Gear Solid 2 for the...well...more times that i can remember, trying to get all the dog tags (Sad, i know) and i've noticed that the sound doesn't play in certain film sequences and it's quite worrying. The Intro where Snake is walking along the bridge, when Raiden is being told about what happened two years ago while panning along the bridge and the Big Shell, the near end sequence where Raiden and Rose are talking a load a poo and the poo final song are all deprived of sound. I can't really remember doing anything to cause this loss in sound either. It just happened!
My PS2 is situated on a wooden shelf and when i play Tekken Tag i have to take the lamp off the shelf because the console vibrates that much that the lamp shakes and causes a buzzing sound which is quite annoying. It's sounds like a rusty chainsaw when i lay it horizontal. Also Tekken Tag sometimes doesn't load and i'm left with a black screen, it also takes a long time to load up fights as well.
Sometime accompanied with a lot of "sound" from the console when playing games i'm thinking that it might not last that long :(

Darkreaper

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.