GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA... abandoned by Nintendo?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/09/02 at 18:22
Regular
Has anyone noticed that, with a few exeptions (Golden Sun, Advance wars) the quality or originality of Game Boy Advance games has gone down lately.
First off, Nintendo has been making re-releases like the Mario Advance series. They are good (apart from the multiplayer that could have been changed/ upgraded for SMA 2) but don't we deserve a new game with a new storyline for the GBA.
Also, the games made by third person parties are of a lower standard.
Notice that in NOM, only two or three games have a silver award, and none have a gold.
We shouldn't have to put all our support in endless strings of sequels and remakes.
Wed 18/09/02 at 18:22
Has anyone noticed that, with a few exeptions (Golden Sun, Advance wars) the quality or originality of Game Boy Advance games has gone down lately.
First off, Nintendo has been making re-releases like the Mario Advance series. They are good (apart from the multiplayer that could have been changed/ upgraded for SMA 2) but don't we deserve a new game with a new storyline for the GBA.
Also, the games made by third person parties are of a lower standard.
Notice that in NOM, only two or three games have a silver award, and none have a gold.
We shouldn't have to put all our support in endless strings of sequels and remakes.
Wed 18/09/02 at 18:24
"The Will of D."
Well I for one am welcoming the sequel to Golden Sun with Open arms of enjoyment, maybe even Metroid Fusion as well.
Wed 18/09/02 at 18:39
Regular
Same here i now can get all the mario games that were on the snes.
They are some of the best games ever made, but i suppose you must be around 14 to not understand that people like old things.
Wed 18/09/02 at 18:41
"The Will of D."
I'm 15 actually, but he might be 14 I suppose
Wed 18/09/02 at 18:42
Regular
"Unretired"
Nintendo are making a new mario for GBA.
Wed 18/09/02 at 18:51
"The Will of D."
I think everyone knew that Mario Advance 3 Yoshi's Island was coming out, in fact it will be in stores in Nov I think.
Wed 18/09/02 at 19:36
I wasn't saying that the old games are bad, just unoriginal.
Plus I also can't wait for the new (notice: new) games like Golden Sun 2.
But just look at the number of useless games out like Sabrina, Frogger, Pinball Advance and Driver 2 Advance.
Another point, why pay £30 for a remake game when you could get the NES or SNES originals for a tenth of the price.
Oh, and I am 14, how did you guess?
Wed 18/09/02 at 19:38
"The Will of D."
You like GS2 as well, have you played the first one?
Wed 18/09/02 at 19:46
The Devious Dragon wrote:
> You like GS2 as well, have you played the first one?
Oh yes, I certainly have.
I think its one of the best RPGs ever.
I've even written a review in the reviews section.
Wed 18/09/02 at 19:48
"The Will of D."
Have you found the link up password yet?
What Level are your people on?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.