GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What to get!!??!!............."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/09/02 at 19:03
Regular
Ok I'm getting an Xbox on Saturday and I want to know which three games I should get.

I'm deffinatly getting Halo so I need to know 2 more good games to get.

Thanks for your contribution,

Cool_Dude_2002
Wed 18/09/02 at 09:39
Regular
"RIP Resurrection"
Rosalind wrote:
> If you have got loads of mates then try Fusion Frenzy. Its a
> collection of lots of mini games and really good fun as long as you
> can get hold of another 3 people to play it with you.

yeah like that will be hard at uni :)

think friday night + drunk mates + nothing to do = back to yours for a bit of gaming
Wed 18/09/02 at 09:23
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
If you have got loads of mates then try Fusion Frenzy. Its a collection of lots of mini games and really good fun as long as you can get hold of another 3 people to play it with you.
Wed 18/09/02 at 09:20
Regular
My thoughts on some of the games mentioned:

Project Gotham Racing: A spot on driving game. Looks fantastic, sounds even better and will last ages! This is a driving game, so you're not just racing all the time. You have other challenges as well. If you're looking for something like GT3 then DON'T get this. IF you want something more fun than GT3, this will suit you down to the ground.

Amped: Great looking snowboarding game. A good idea in that there is no time limit as you go down the (huge) slopes, so you can take your time and have a bit of an explore. However, the learning curve is VERY Steep. I haven't played my copy for a while as I just can't get any further. Have a good think before you get this one.

Jet Set Radio Future: Only played a demo of this, but it's on my To Buy list. Can't really explain it as it's not a sports title, more a kind of platformer on Rollerblades. Great graphics and funky soundtrack.

DOA3: Personally, I'm waiting for Soul Calibur 2, which is out after Christmas. Fighting games aren't my thing, and this one just doesn't do it for me. It looks great but I just couldn't get into it. Try before you buy, if you can.

Tony Hawks 3: Typical Tony Hawks really. It's just more of the same, with bigger levels. If you liked the earlier games, you'll like this as well.

Rallisport Challenge: Typical Arcade racer, but looking great. Lacks the depth of PGR, in my opinion, and not quite as good.

Not sure if that will hekp you. The best thing to do is ask to play the game in the shop. If you'll be spending £200ish in that shop, they'll want to make you a happy customer, so ask if you can try a couple of games before you decide. They should let you.

Welcome to the world of Xbox gaming. It's great :-)
Wed 18/09/02 at 09:20
Regular
"RIP Resurrection"
Tóm wrote:
> Savatt78 wrote:
> Hmmmmmmmmmm ::rubs chin:: Now it may just be me, but I have this
> thought that Tom likes Oddworld quite a bit. ;-)
>
> What on earth gave you that idea?
>
> Seriously, I think it's better than halo. But that's my oppinion, some
> people might think it's rubbish ;-)

I think it's rubbish :)
Wed 18/09/02 at 08:53
Regular
-Jet Set Radio Future
-Project Gotham Racing

These two games offer a *huge* amount of gameplay.

Others I'd recommend:

-Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
-Buffy The Vampire Slayer
-Enclave

Crazy Taxi 3 & The Thing are out this Friday (Sept 20th).
Hitman 2 & Morrowind are due out very soon as well.
Tue 17/09/02 at 23:15
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Halo is a must-bit like Goldeneye for N64.

PRG is a huge Racing game with Loads to see and do. Unlockking Golds in all the Races will take ages. Above all-great gameplay. Nice extras are listening to your own music, sweet graphics, soundtrack and lots of lovely sportscars.

Oddworld is a nice adventure. Like the PS1 games but in 3D, same sorts of puzzles etc. Good humour and cutsceanes.

DOA3 is an amazing techical fighter which will impress you. Lacks length like most fighters but the whole point is being able to master the game. Loads of fun in bursts.

JSRF is different in a good way. Strange at first but will probably grow on you untill you love it like me.

Amped is IMO best snowboarding game ever. Think Tony Hawks in snow.

Rallisport is cool. Brill multiplayer. very fast-makes WRC look like its going at snails pace. Graphics etc all good.

Buffy? I havn't played it but saw it running in the shop and looked good-just like the TV series.

If buying an Xbox now there's a nice selection to choose from and something good in most genres. The ones you get i think depend on the sorts of games you like and what you want to be playing. Match them up-get Halo, a racing game(PGR or Rallisport) then another of your choice-proably and adventure like oddworld or Buffy
Tue 17/09/02 at 22:52
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well personally I prefer Halo - but its not for everyone. ;-) At least the X-Box is keeping us both happy with those games. ;-)
Tue 17/09/02 at 22:30
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Hmmmmmmmmmm ::rubs chin:: Now it may just be me, but I have this
> thought that Tom likes Oddworld quite a bit. ;-)

What on earth gave you that idea?

Seriously, I think it's better than halo. But that's my oppinion, some people might think it's rubbish ;-)
Tue 17/09/02 at 22:21
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Hmmmmmmmmmm ::rubs chin:: Now it may just be me, but I have this thought that Tom likes Oddworld quite a bit. ;-)
Tue 17/09/02 at 22:11
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Oddworld. Heck, buy two.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.