GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My favourite (current) GC game is.."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/09/02 at 17:55
Regular
.. not Pikmin, not Monkey Ball, Not SSBM.

It's ISS2. I realised I had never played it yet after a month and a bit and decided to give it a go. It rules.

Now you can all come and tell me it's rubbish and I'm a disgrace to Nintendo like you always do.
Sat 21/09/02 at 01:00
Regular
Overall, it's Super Smash Bros. Melee, but at the moment it would have to be:

Extreme-G III

That game is so fast, clever and fun!
Thu 19/09/02 at 22:07
Thats funny. :)
Thu 19/09/02 at 22:04
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Asher D wrote:
> phi11ip wrote:
> I know how to hit my own crossbar all the time...
>
>
>
> I managed to have a free kick - ball hits bar - man in centre of box -
> ball hits bar - Man outside box - ball hits bar - Defender gets ball -
> ball hits goal :-)

I've scored loads of times where it hits the crossbar and then hits the goalie on the back and goes in!

My mates always moan that it's not possible!

But then last week while playing football in some hockey goals, my mate had a shot, hit the post, the goalie turned around, it smacked him in the face and went in!

Proves that it's always possible!

Apart from the long shots that the goalie just dives to the other side of the goal for!
Thu 19/09/02 at 10:53
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
That's because the game's based on evolution rather than revolution. Fair enough, it's not your cup-of-tea. But if you think it's merely a case "jumping on enemies heads for the 15th time?" then you really haven't got into the meat and potatoes of the game.
Thu 19/09/02 at 10:50
"Wa-wa-west"
Yes I have, its so boring. Does anyone else notice the similarities between shines and power stars? and what kind of phrase is 'shine get' anyway?
Thu 19/09/02 at 10:48
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Devro wrote:
> Why is he special? Because he has a tasche? I have a word hovering
> around in my brain, I think it is 'infantile'. Honestly, sunshine is
> exactly the same game as mario64, other than that stupid backpack he
> wears. And who really wants to go around jumping on enemies heads for
> the 15th time?

Have you played Sunshine yet?
Thu 19/09/02 at 10:46
"Wa-wa-west"
Why is he special? Because he has a tasche? I have a word hovering around in my brain, I think it is 'infantile'. Honestly, sunshine is exactly the same game as mario64, other than that stupid backpack he wears. And who really wants to go around jumping on enemies heads for the 15th time?
Thu 19/09/02 at 10:45
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Devro wrote:
> Resident Evil! Closely followed by rogue leader. I dunno what people
> see in Mario, cos its been done so many times it must be wearing thin.

So has Resident Evil.

> I hate the thing! I don't see how jumping around as a fat plumber is
> in any way satisfying to anyone older that 10.

That's because people tend to actually play the game and enjoy it based on it's merits.
Thu 19/09/02 at 10:41
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Devro wrote:
>I don't see how jumping around as a fat plumber is in any way satisfying to anyone older that 10.

Mario is just special. I doesn't matter if he's a fat plumber, a beefy sailor or whatever, it's all about the fantastic and innovative gameplay. Mario Sunshine may not be as huge a step on as people wanted, but it's still great, and better than 99% of the current games out there.
Also, i'd say that of all the Mario fans out there, most are probably way over 10 years old for the simple reason that many people (like myself) have grown up with the little guy over the past 15-20 years. So many of us gamers who have grown up with Mario and are now in our 20's, 30's etc, still love him.
Thu 19/09/02 at 10:34
"Wa-wa-west"
Resident Evil! Closely followed by rogue leader. I dunno what people see in Mario, cos its been done so many times it must be wearing thin. I hate the thing! I don't see how jumping around as a fat plumber is in any way satisfying to anyone older that 10.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.