GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I need your help."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/09/02 at 12:28
Regular
It seems that GP4 is not going to be out on Xbox, at least not for AGES. So I have an outstanding GAD prize. I move off to uni on Saturday, so I want to claim a game that is either already out, or DEFINATELY going to be released this week, so I can take it away with me.

I already have: Halo, PGR, Amped, Tony Hawks 3, and Rallisport.

So I don't really want another driving game, or a Tony Hawks style game.

Suggest away. I'll email SR this evening, and then (hopefully) have my game by the weekend.
Tue 17/09/02 at 12:28
Regular
It seems that GP4 is not going to be out on Xbox, at least not for AGES. So I have an outstanding GAD prize. I move off to uni on Saturday, so I want to claim a game that is either already out, or DEFINATELY going to be released this week, so I can take it away with me.

I already have: Halo, PGR, Amped, Tony Hawks 3, and Rallisport.

So I don't really want another driving game, or a Tony Hawks style game.

Suggest away. I'll email SR this evening, and then (hopefully) have my game by the weekend.
Tue 17/09/02 at 12:33
Regular
Blinx is sounding VERY intruiging...
Tue 17/09/02 at 12:37
Regular
It is indeed, but it's not out for ages.

I'm tempted to wait for Morrowind, but I'm not sure if it'll be my sort of game. I may get Baldurs Gate actually...
Tue 17/09/02 at 12:41
Regular
Blinx is only out in December though.

Looking at the games you've already got, it sounds like you like "realistic" games, so perhaps:

Conflict Desert Storm
Moto GP
Max Payne
The Thing (20th Sept release)
Commandos 2
Hitman 2 (GAME have it down for 27th Sept release)
Enclave
Buffy(?)

Less realistic games:

JSRF
Crazy Taxi 3 (20th Sept)
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Tue 17/09/02 at 12:43
WHatever you do don't get Buffy, starting UNI with a reputation for playing Buffy games is not a good idea. You'll find yourself on the end of mucho beating and verbal insults.

Gte Jet Set Radio or myabe Crazy Taxi 3.
Tue 17/09/02 at 17:19
Regular
Thanks for the ideas guys.

I was thinking JSRF, but SR don't have it in stock, according to UKXbox.com. So maybe Baldurs Gate, which is out on Friday, so says the OXM review.
Tue 17/09/02 at 18:53
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Claim Buffy the vampire slayer the best game by far to come out on the X-Box. (in my oppinion) I don't know when it comes out actually it may already be out but whatever just get that and you want be disappointed just let go of any stereotypical thoughts about it and you'll love it from the start despite the fact it is also a tv show :D (most people don't like films made into games or other way around don't ask why)
Tue 17/09/02 at 19:01
Regular
If you haven't played Buffy then how can you say its the best game by miles? You didn't even know it was out. Buffy is a great game that I am going to get soon but there are quite a few of other good Xbox titles from the launch and in the weeks after.
Tue 17/09/02 at 19:10
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
garbe123 wrote:
> If you haven't played Buffy then how can you say its the best game by
> miles? You didn't even know it was out.

I never said I haven't played it I just don't know when it's out. I've played it in multiple shops for up to 15 mins each time on different levels. And not once have I been bored or unimpressed it is a great game and I stand by my original post :D
Tue 17/09/02 at 21:37
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
How about Oddworld munch's oddysee? Or you could perhaps go for ODDWORLD MUNCH'S ODDYSEE.

;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.