GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Time for a Change for Diego Forlan?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/09/02 at 01:15
Regular
Firstly I dont think Forlan is given enough time on the pitch, he should be given more than 5 or 10 mins at the end of the game to prove his worth, he is actually very talented on the ball and fairly quick and can create things for other players around him, so that got me thinking, seeing as though we are lacking midfielders at the moment, why not try moving becks into the middle and giving diego the chance to play on the wing? this would also benefit us upfront because if we need to we can push him upfront too, this may even make him into a better player and something that we desparartly need at the moment a striker coming in from deep and creating.

United Fans what do you think?
Tue 17/09/02 at 01:15
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Firstly I dont think Forlan is given enough time on the pitch, he should be given more than 5 or 10 mins at the end of the game to prove his worth, he is actually very talented on the ball and fairly quick and can create things for other players around him, so that got me thinking, seeing as though we are lacking midfielders at the moment, why not try moving becks into the middle and giving diego the chance to play on the wing? this would also benefit us upfront because if we need to we can push him upfront too, this may even make him into a better player and something that we desparartly need at the moment a striker coming in from deep and creating.

United Fans what do you think?
Tue 17/09/02 at 01:19
Regular
I was thinking the same thing earlier!

He usually looks pretty confident on the ball, and i remember him having quite a few little runs with the ball against Tottenham at home last season.

The game on wednesday (against the team i cant spell!) would be perfect time to try him there, especially with our midfield so depleated...
Tue 17/09/02 at 02:15
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Indeed Maccabi Haifa are hardly the best team in the world, which means we'll probably get beat :-) but time to try new things, because the current tactics are going down hill. I also think Ricardo should get a debut.
Tue 17/09/02 at 10:55
Regular
First of all you can't afford to use a striker in this way as you don't have enough. Why use forlan when someone like Djordic or Chadwick who aren't better players at the moment, can perform better in that role! It is just making poor excuses. He usually gets at least 20 minutes and has had several starts. At any other club the media would have absolutely ripped him apart. Fergie is now paying he price for not taking on more forwards. They didn't even have to be top notch. He could have bought Zamora and Robbie keane for about 10million and he wouldn't be having these problems now. Or even taken Nuno Gomes as a back up on a free. Or who was that Rivaldo bloke who was on a free transfer in the summer? No Alex ferguson is showing that he has actually lost the plot. Forlan just won'yt do the business at united, and if they can recoup 4 mil for him in the transfer window they should! Further proof of Fergusons crazyness was buying ferdinand for 30 mill. I could have (and i am not actually joking) created a world class defence (with backup with that money)with that money. He is now living in his own special world and will find it even harder as the criticism mounts.
Tue 17/09/02 at 11:49
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I've been thinking that every-single time i've seen Fergie chuck him on for Van Nistelrooy in the 86th minute!
You'd think that such a vastly experienced and succesfull manager who's brought up the likes of Beckham and Giggs the right way would know a lot better!

C'mon Fergie, he's not a Super Sub like Solskjaer!!
Although he was close to being that in our final Champions' League match last season with that superb volley that was unfortunately cleared off the line.
Wed 18/09/02 at 00:53
I happened to meet Diego Forlan today at work (Sony Centre, Trafford Centre, Manchester), and he told me for a fact that he would be starting tomorrow, so he will finally be given a chance. I've always thought that he should be given 5 or 6 games to start, especially when the strikers are misfiring, and if he's still rubbish, then at least we'll have satisfied ourselves that he's useless, but we can't learn too much from his abbreviated appearances. As it goes, he plays a lot deeper than ole or ruud do, and a link between midfield and attack seems to be badly missing in the absence of scholes and keane.

By the way, we've also had the likes of Andy Cole, Kevin Keegan, Mark Hughes, J-S Veron, Beckham, Scholes and Silvestre in at work, and for the record, Keegan is a top man and Veron is very quiet.
Wed 18/09/02 at 00:56
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Which probably means that Van Nist will be rested.
Wed 18/09/02 at 01:24
I dare say it's time RVN had a break, the kid's had no luck this season but don't be surprised to see him feature in the game at some point.

BTW, anyone actually at tomorrow's game?
Wed 18/09/02 at 01:39
Regular
".......on the attac"
Fountain of Knowledge wrote:
> BTW, anyone actually at tomorrow's game?

Obviously you aren't a "fountain of knowledge"!

Not a single United fan on these forums EVER goes to a game and if they did they would probably have to travel a few hundred miles to get to OT.

Glory hunters is the name for them......
Wed 18/09/02 at 01:58
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Heh, typical anti-united fan there Lord H, little does he know I go to many of United home and away games as my dads a season ticket holder... but as usual they like to open their mouth before knowing the facts first.

:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.