GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Web Hosts...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/09/02 at 00:46
Regular
... just been looking for some web hosts, ones you pay for.

I've seen some good deals about, but would just like to see which ones some of you use?? If you don't mind telling me, who you use and if your happy with their service???

Whats I'm after mainly is a host who offer PHP and MySQL amongs other things, at the cheapest prices possible, but not to cheap to comprimise reliabiity and speed when viewing the Web Site (did that make sence to you)

So, if its not to much trouble, to anyone who has a Web Host (other than Freeola) that you pay monthly for or who are Free but don't limit you to their connection, I'd be grateful for a little review or comment on them???

Thanks.
Thu 19/09/02 at 22:50
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Its only because Freeola don't offer MySQL, and thats what I want to play wbout with....

... plus it makes it easier if I can upload via my ADSL connection.

But definatly Freeola is a good host.... just limited in certain areas. But they don't charge, so what do you expect.
Thu 19/09/02 at 19:57
Regular
I think freeola is a web Host as well and the service is excellent, what do you think?
Thu 19/09/02 at 16:36
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Supanames charges you for 2 years payment before you get the domain.
Good hosting though.
Thu 19/09/02 at 16:33
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
http://www.bargainhost.co.uk/ and http://www.supanames.co.uk both seem about the same, pretty cheap at £15 - £20 a year, just have to decide which to go for :o)

Thanks for the links.
Tue 17/09/02 at 16:57
Regular
"hockeyphotos.com"
I've just moved my biggest account from xcalibre.co.uk (who offer excellent support but are getting expensive) to oneandone.co.uk (who offer excellent value). I started with the business account (nine quid a month) but am already running low on the 300Mb of space it provides and may need to move up to the professional account (17 quid a month) which offers a whopping 800Mb of space.

Chris.
Tue 17/09/02 at 16:56
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I got 35Mb from Supanames and at the moment (with about 4 websites on it) i'm using about 12Mb and thats only because i've got 10Mb of wallpapers on it.
Tue 17/09/02 at 16:39
Regular
""
Just looking at sp34.com - it looks quite cheap but 30meg web space and 500meg/m transfer bandwidth doesn't seem alot.
Tue 17/09/02 at 15:25
Regular
"How Handy."
34sp.com are excellent, apparently, and very cheap.
Tue 17/09/02 at 14:04
Regular
""
apologies, my dyslexic fingers again - try http://www.bargAinhost.co.uk/
Tue 17/09/02 at 12:57
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
That www.barginhost.co.uk doesn't seem to come up.

I've looked at people like webfusion.co.uk, fasthosts.co.uk etc.. which all look good, but some of the prices are a little high on some, so want to shop around first.

I agree than special offers arn't as good as reliability, which is why I've asked before I make a purchase.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.