GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You gotta laugh!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/09/02 at 21:46
Regular
Watching the Birmingham/Villa game.

Villa throw-in - ball goes in off the Villa keeper.

Funny enough.

But a Birmingham fan gets on the pitch, stand in front of the keeper, and makes the 'w*nker' gesture, right in his face!

An idiot for running onto the pitch, but oh how I laughed!
Tue 17/09/02 at 15:47
Regular
"Bobba you"
Lol Throw in Sorry
Tue 17/09/02 at 15:46
Regular
"Bobba you"
LOL! Some on me mates told me this at school, thought you couldn.t score on a corner or did it touch him?
Tue 17/09/02 at 15:07
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
They were saying that most players don't really understand the rules fully, he may have thought it counted...

And did any of you know that if it was a free kick back to the goal and it goes in, it doesn't count either!

I think that's right!

I also feel it's been long enough, yes I am a referee!

Not bad money though and I rarely get moaned at, and it's still only to mums!

I usually do 2 U12-15 matches on a sunday morning and earn £30!

Nice!
Tue 17/09/02 at 12:16
"High polygon count"
Solskjær wrote:
> How the hell can he make the descision then??

I think he and the linesman made up their minds based on his reaction - running after the ball. Neither were looking at him as the ball went under his foot, but they obviously assumed that he must have touched the ball because of the way he chased after it.

Like me, they probably expected that a pro footballer would know the rules - that it can't be a goal from a throw-in, only a corner - so if you haven't touched it, let it go.

For me, the deciding factor was Enckleman's reaction.
Tue 17/09/02 at 12:07
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'd like to see what Graham Taylor has to say regarding that fan and his remarks! :D

But seriously though, there was absolutely NO contact between the ball and boot - and Andy Gray proved that after the match! And I agree with him, that the reaction was just something anyone would do, like Barthez eventually did after DiCanio scored that goal that knocked us out of the FA Cup. You'd have done the same with the fans screaming at you from behind!

Andy Gray also proved that the ref wasn't even LOOKING at the incident when it went DIDN'T touch his foot! He WAS looking away!!
How the hell can he make the descision then??

Sack the lot of them, that's what I say! Refs can't do their jobs right!
And like i've said before, we should have Andy Gray's on the Touchlines at every ground Nationwide.
Tue 17/09/02 at 01:10
Regular
Oh yeh, right up there with Riise's against Southampton last year :D
Tue 17/09/02 at 01:03
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Goal of the Season I thought !
Mon 16/09/02 at 22:51
"High polygon count"
Yeah... then there was that missed kick from the Birmingham clearance. Good job that was up the middle of the pitch, or that would have been another goal!
Mon 16/09/02 at 22:46
Regular
Either way, touch or no touch, it was still stupid enough to deserve a goal!

Looks like he's been having goalkeeping lessons with Barthez....
Mon 16/09/02 at 22:40
"High polygon count"
phi11ip wrote:
> It DIDN'T touch though!

It didn't look like it, but I think it did.

Being an experienced pro footballer, you would expect him to know that it can't be a goal direct from a throw-in. But the way he ran after it suggests that it did indeed touch his foot.

Obviously he wasn't aware that it didn't *look* like he touched it, otherwise he'd have let it go, and probably gotten away with it.

Which suggests he felt it touch his foot, assumed everyone would know he touched it, and ran after it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.