GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"They put up cash for that? Impressive..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance'.
Sat 05/11/05 at 01:33
Regular
"8==="
TV advertising for Fire Emblem.

I am surprised.
Mon 07/11/05 at 16:24
Regular
"8==="
At-least over here it has.
Mon 07/11/05 at 16:23
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
N64 Fan wrote:
> Perhaps if Nintendo had advertised (properly) 2-3 years ago when the
> Cube was new then sales might be better than they currently are!
>
> I would love, absolutely LOVE to be the advertising guru for
> Nintendo.
>
> Whoever has the job at the moment needs a kick up the 'arris or his
> P45 and shown the door!

Agreed you don't see nearly as many Nintendo adverts as they used to be. I think they thought their reputation would carry them through without spending millions on advertising but it's backfired.
Mon 07/11/05 at 15:37
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
talking about advertising, i saw 3 bilboards today with gameboy micros adverts on them
Mon 07/11/05 at 12:54
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Perhaps if Nintendo had advertised (properly) 2-3 years ago when the Cube was new then sales might be better than they currently are!

I would love, absolutely LOVE to be the advertising guru for Nintendo.

Whoever has the job at the moment needs a kick up the 'arris or his P45 and shown the door!
Mon 07/11/05 at 09:22
Regular
There was a Geist advert a little while back.

It is Mario's 20th Birthday and so Mario Baseball, Dance Dance Mario, Mario Strikers, Mario Tennis (GBA), Dr. Mario/puzzle league (GBA) and Mario Kart (DS) are all launching in celebration. Should swing some sales Nintendo's way.
Mon 07/11/05 at 04:07
Regular
I guess they have to do something to keep their presence alive - the FE advert will also remind people that the gamecube, and even ninty themselves, are still around.
Sun 06/11/05 at 18:08
Regular
"The definitive tag"
It's not just the choice of game that seems a little odd, but the timing. I can't recall seeing many GC adverts back in the days when people actually wanted to play it. One now, is very much out of the blue.
Sun 06/11/05 at 17:39
Regular
Whitestripes DS wrote:

> Nintendo Europe don't seem to advertise sequels though. There was
> loads for MP, but none for MP2. They seem to be working on the
> assumption that everyone heard about the first one and will
> automatically be aware of the second...

Yeah I agree.

Although after the disaster of Pikmin 2 and Metroid Prime 2, perhaps the finest Gamecube titles around, I'm sure they learnt their lesson.

Ha!

Just remembered they did the same for Donkey Konga 2. No one really bought that either.
Sun 06/11/05 at 16:20
"period drama"
They work from a lot of very strange assumptions, though.
But, any advertising is good advertising, even if it seems rather random which games get it and which don't.

Just advertise Zelda until it explodes, or I will be very angry.
Sat 05/11/05 at 15:09
Regular
Oh yeah PM2, I think I did see an advert for that..

Nintendo Europe don't seem to advertise sequels though. There was loads for MP, but none for MP2. They seem to be working on the assumption that everyone heard about the first one and will automatically be aware of the second...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.