GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"They put up cash for that? Impressive..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance'.
Sat 05/11/05 at 01:33
Regular
"8==="
TV advertising for Fire Emblem.

I am surprised.
Mon 07/11/05 at 22:00
Regular
Rozza1001 wrote:
> ye, i'm really impressed by the amount of ds adverts, sponsering the
> comedy on channel 4 etc.

Indeed, that in particular has been a massive new idea for Nintendo.

Nintendo tend to promote a "franchise" rather than individual games. Think Pokemon, it was promoted as a franchise and not as a game.

Same applies to Mario....
Mon 07/11/05 at 21:49
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
ye, i'm really impressed by the amount of ds adverts, sponsering the comedy on channel 4 etc.
Mon 07/11/05 at 21:40
Regular
The Gamecube was heavily advertised when launched.

If the system gets good word of mouth then advertisement does not need to be huge. The DS is advertised very well, better than ever before. But the Revolution will get loads of advertisement to start off with and hopefully things will snowball from there and Nintendo will have the confidence to continue to push it.
Mon 07/11/05 at 21:37
Regular
"NJAN"
Dringo wrote:
> The Gamecube has long failed. It is all well and good appealing to
> anyone coming late but it is all about the next gen now.
>
> Revolution is strikingly original and clever and will certainly sell
> very well.
>
> Looking forward to it.

If the Revolution is given the same advertising treatment (read: abuse) as the Gamecube, then it's a gonner for sure. But if Nintendo really push it, I think it could do a DS and be hugely sucessful.
Mon 07/11/05 at 21:20
Regular
The Gamecube has long failed. It is all well and good appealing to anyone coming late but it is all about the next gen now.

Revolution is strikingly original and clever and will certainly sell very well.

Looking forward to it.
Mon 07/11/05 at 21:09
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Dringo wrote:
> Nintendo prefer products to support themselves. They, for example,
> wish to break even on the Gamecube, so if they earn little from the
> cube then you'll see very few adverts.

But thats just a vicious circle isn't it?
Launch the Cube with minimal advertising, not many people on board. Cube sells worse than expected, sales drop further. Reduce advertising, sales drop further, even less people on board. sales drop even further, reduce advertising. Cube dies a death, everyones happy!

Yay! Go Nintendo!
Mon 07/11/05 at 20:51
Regular
"NJAN"
more aggressive adverts would definitely help Nintendo, especially now when they are at a cross roads with fan - too many delays, let-downs etc causing lots of previously-nintendo fans moving to camp Microsoft.

but with the DS on the up and up, maybe they can do the same thing with the revolution next year as they both have similar stragegies - something fresh to get new gamers, girls and even OAPs on board. and this strategy is currently working for the DS, and its working well!

and with news of a global launch of the revo in the space of 4 months, it looks like Nintendo finally realise that they need to be much more aggressive.

saw an ad for Advance Wars: DS on the tv there the last day, pretty funny i thought (and an amazing game also!).
Mon 07/11/05 at 19:28
Regular
"8==="
So, not the rest of Europe or Russia then?
Mon 07/11/05 at 19:26
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> At-least over here it has.

And in America... and Japan.

Handheld's aside.
Mon 07/11/05 at 19:25
Regular
N64 Fan wrote:

> Whoever has the job at the moment needs a kick up the 'arris or his
> P45 and shown the door!

It's not their fault Nintendo have a low advertisement budget.

There were as many adverts now as there were last year. In fact Donkey Konga adverts were all over the place.

And the Mario Kart advertisement was huge.

Nintendo prefer products to support themselves. They, for example, wish to break even on the Gamecube, so if they earn little from the cube then you'll see very few adverts.

Nintendo advertise new products A LOT. As well as major releases.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.