GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The best advert on TV"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/09/02 at 20:37
Regular
Best adverts have to be the smirnoff adverts, especially the one where he falls a sleep on his desk after a hard nights partying the boss comes in and says "working late again, we must discuss your salary." The answer phone one is quite good to. The aphones for you "ashamed of your mobile one is an utter classic"

Man "hi i called reception, I am having problems with the adult channel."

the female receptionist comes in and the guy quickly hides his mobile whilst being completely unashamed about whats on his tv.

The two black guys and the socks down the pants one is classic too.

Worst/cheesiest ad on tv: "i can tell you like text messaging adverts" form the link. utter crap. and anything advertising furniture.
Sun 15/09/02 at 22:53
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
The tough new Polo, door-slamming adverts are cool.

Err...

That's it.

:-D
Sun 15/09/02 at 22:22
Regular
Adverts Suck.
Sun 15/09/02 at 22:09
Don't know.

*Watches TV*
Sun 15/09/02 at 21:51
Regular
"bit of a brain"
MiCRoCHiþS wrote:
> That gum advert is VERY disturbing.
>
> "Go on, get your Twinkle out"
>
> *runs off scared*

Too right. It's sounds like an advert for kiddyfiddlers annonymous.
I have to agree with Ine-San about the Link advert. It truly is cringeworthy.
Sun 15/09/02 at 21:49
Regular
Semajal wrote:

> and the smirmoff ones are pretty good with the cat :)

You mean barcadi breezer aye?
Sun 15/09/02 at 21:49
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
That gum advert is VERY disturbing.

"Go on, get your Twinkle out"

*runs off scared*

:D
Sun 15/09/02 at 21:45
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
hhe i like the barcleys ones. and the one mocking the barcleys ones. and the smirmoff ones are pretty good with the cat :)
Sun 15/09/02 at 21:44
Regular
"One More Chance"
My favourite advert of all time is a John West Salmon one.

You see like a documentary of a bear catching a salmon by a stream. You then see a John West salmon guy come in and start fist fighting with the bear to get this salmon and the bear is doing all these boxing moves and dances, then the John West guy points to the sky, the bear goes "ugh?" and looks up, then the John West guy kicks him in the groin, knicks the salmon and runs off while the bear is hoping around holding his package. Then a voice over guy says "We at John West will do anything to catch the freshist salmon"

Bloody excellent.
Sun 15/09/02 at 21:44
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Talking of Peter Kay.
"Wear this hat"
"why"
"it makes you look ill"
An absolute classic.
Sun 15/09/02 at 21:41
Regular
"Don't Mess Yourself"
I like the one with the irritating glue song on it. Or the ones with Peter Kay in it. Thats it.
There are no miore good ads anymore.
The Link one is painful and makes me cry. I liked the claims direct one actually, it had the guy from buyers guide in it.

Daddy, Daddy Cool.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.