GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"1-0 Down, You look at the bench..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/09/02 at 16:17
Regular
...and who do you see?

No inspiration.

Our strikers are not on form, and we are not scoring as a team, this is something I didn't think i'd be saying.

We defended well today and Rio was a tower at the back even with all the abuse he got - weldone and O'shea did well at right back even though I thought
* what the hell is fergie doing * with Phil Neville in the middle of the park.

but now we have cured that problem, we are playing well but not scoring, you look at the bench and there's noone else we can bring on?

What can we do...

Eric, Hughesy... come back !
Sun 15/09/02 at 04:42
"High polygon count"
Yes indeed. Henry was stupid, and very lucky.
Sat 14/09/02 at 23:30
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I think Mr. Beckham was a very lucky boy today - that elbow had more
> intent than Keane's (there's no reason - other than intent - for an
> elbow to come above head height when running), and he didn't even get
> booked.

I dunno, Keane's was completley off the ball. Beckham was running towards the ball and standing his ground. I still cant make out with it was intented by Beckham though. Although Henry (today) tried the elbow while actually looking at the player...( but like his early Highbury days, he missed!)
Sat 14/09/02 at 23:15
Regular
Bowyer enjoys the occasional elbow to the face, or so i hear....

It was nice towards the end of the first half when we completley dominated. Having about 70% of the possession. Just coudnt finish. Two goal line clearences...Van Nistelrooy could have had two as well. The first one early on when he should have just dinked it over the keeper, and the 2nd one where he went past woodgate and hit it across the keeper only for Robinson to pull off a great save...

Leeds wernt even in the game in the first half...All went wrong with Butt's injury.

At least we only got a team that i cant even spell in mid-week...
Sat 14/09/02 at 21:32
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
i don't blame Solkjaer at all i mean the Leeds players were going around late tackling the United players after they let go of the ball so wouldn't old Ole have a go? Also why wasn't Mills booked for carrying on after the whistle had gone? Being deaf or in Mills case being too stupid to interpret a refs whistle blowing means stop is no excuse.
Sat 14/09/02 at 19:02
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> But you did though? look below "big ol' Rio comes bounding in to
> attack Harte, but whats Harte got to with the challenge? it was a foul
> between Solkjaer and Kewell, but you fail to say that Harte came
> "Bounding in" to push solksjaer.
>
> I refer to..
>
> Mr Ritze wrote:
>
> On a sidenote, Solskjaer is dirty little so and so, he hacks down
> Kewell in the penalty area causing a huge bust up where big ol' Rio
> comes bounding in to attack Harte and then Solskjaer walks away
> smiling.

Fair point, I was going to put "and then Solskjaer walks away smiling." part after the challenge but the Rio charging in bit came into my head. Although you wouldn't expect him to be soft you wouldn't have thought that he would have put in some of the nasty tackles and the arguements with people who are still likely to be his mates.

And does anyone know how many times the referee interfered with play? I saw him do it 3 times in about 5 minutes and with no attempt to get out of the way.
Sat 14/09/02 at 18:47
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Mr Ritze wrote:

> So you think that you won't score more/create more chances with
> Scholes, an attacking midfielder that will blst them in from outside
> the area eliminating the need to try and pass your way into the area
> to score. Keane, whose work rate is phenomenal and will be in the area
> knocking in rebounds and whatever and Veron who on a good day will
> supply limitless killer balls. Or, on the other hand you could have
> Butt and Neville(why is he still at United?), two very defense minded
> players.

I agree that there would be more goals with Scholes and Keano etc but even before this game like against west brom, M'Boro the games were dire and we managed to scored 1 goal with many chances and the whole team was playing, but the strikers and midfield failed to score then like they are now, there were chances in todays game you see, they just werent taken, thats all im saying and its been the same storey all season, like away to that unknown european team for example, mindless chances, none taken and the unknown won.

> I wasn't refering to the pushing and shoving, I did infact mean that
> after Solskjaers clear foul, he just walked away smirking. That tackle
> or someone catching him doing that is what will cause the fights and
> arguements.

But you did though? look below "big ol' Rio comes bounding in to attack Harte, but whats Harte got to with the challenge? it was a foul between Solkjaer and Kewell, but you fail to say that Harte came "Bounding in" to push solksjaer.

I refer to..

Mr Ritze wrote:

> On a sidenote, Solskjaer is dirty little so and so, he hacks down
> Kewell in the penalty area causing a huge bust up where big ol' Rio
> comes bounding in to attack Harte and then Solskjaer walks away
> smiling.
Sat 14/09/02 at 18:36
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> Were you watching the same game? O'Shea was class against Chelsea and
> Rio played very well today, you tell me how many chances Leeds really
> had and How many united had?

O'shea may have made a few tackles or blocks in the Chelsea game but he was never class and Zenden deserved the Man of the match more than him. Because of Leeds few chances you only saw Ferdinand pass today were he was not being closed down and could play the ball comfortably, not to mention his crap pass that went straight to Kewell where they should have gone 2-0 up. I'm not trying to deny that Rio is a good player but he was nowhere near the status of being a tower that you initially said.

> We had many chances and should have scored at least one of them,
> therefore I dont think its just to do with the midfield missing.

So you think that you won't score more/create more chances with Scholes, an attacking midfielder that will blst them in from outside the area eliminating the need to try and pass your way into the area to score. Keane, whose work rate is phenomenal and will be in the area knocking in rebounds and whatever and Veron who on a good day will supply limitless killer balls. Or, on the other hand you could have Butt and Neville(why is he still at United?), two very defense minded players.

> Harte pushed Solkjaer, yes his tackle was not good, but you get a free
> kick and get on with it, you dont start silly little pushes and
> attacks without thinking there wont be a retaliation from the player
> himself and team mates. That goes for any team/player in the game.

I wasn't refering to the pushing and shoving, I did infact mean that after Solskjaers clear foul, he just walked away smirking. That tackle or someone catching him doing that is what will cause the fights and arguements.
Sat 14/09/02 at 17:38
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
To be fair to the the referee, I just think that he was not at a good position to spot it, because if you watch the incident from behind you cant really see the elbow, its when you look at the front view its where you can see it.
Sat 14/09/02 at 17:33
"High polygon count"
I think Mr. Beckham was a very lucky boy today - that elbow had more intent than Keane's (there's no reason - other than intent - for an elbow to come above head height when running), and he didn't even get booked.

We all know that had that bean Keane or Vieira there would most likely have been a yellow or possibly red card shown. Strangely I think it had more to do with him being England captain than Man U's golden child - Shearer used to be similarly above it all.
Sat 14/09/02 at 17:24
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
To be honest with you, I think O'Shea and Rio should be our first choice centre backs, at 23 and 22 they could be the heart of our defence for the next 10 years, but they need to be given that chance therefore Blanc must give way and allow them to gell.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.