GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gamecube or ps2?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/09/02 at 21:35
Regular
which one shal i get people hav bin telling me to get an gamecube and people telling me to get a ps2? which one shall i get and i reason why like cos it has better games

dont just send nething send somthing that will make me buy it or decide to buy the ps2
Sat 14/09/02 at 18:44
"The Will of D."
In the Gamecube case the data is compressed more compactly.
Sat 14/09/02 at 18:43
"For the horde!!!!"
Elite Chaos wrote:
> Getawayman wrote:
> PS2, oh what a surprize, well not really, it plays DVD's and the
> little disc of the gamecube can't hold as much bytes
>
> Actually the GC DVD Engineered Optical Disc holds more than your huge
> PS2 disks,
>
> Hard to believe that smaller is better?

depends how the data is compressed
Sat 14/09/02 at 18:38
Regular
"Unretired"
Getawayman wrote:
> PS2, oh what a surprize, well not really, it plays DVD's and the
> little disc of the gamecube can't hold as much bytes

Actually the GC DVD Engineered Optical Disc holds more than your huge PS2 disks,

Hard to believe that smaller is better?
Sat 14/09/02 at 18:35
"For the horde!!!!"
if you like Mario go for the Gamecube
Sat 14/09/02 at 18:28
Regular
Hmm... it's close, as I have both of them. I'd recommend GC overall though. Check out my 'GameCube Information For Potential Buyers' topic.
Sat 14/09/02 at 12:52
Regular
"eat me"
cube
Sat 14/09/02 at 12:36
Regular
If you don't have a PSOne, or you really want a cheap DVD player, go for a PS2. Otherwise, the Gamecube offers much better value, with loads more brilliant games. The PS2 has lots of average games, the Gamecube has a few good games, a few great games, and a big line-up for the future. If you're 15, I can guarantee that Resident Evil is worth every penny of the GC's price, and there's also Super Smash Bros., Star Wars : Rogue Leader, Super Monkey Ball, and in the near future Super Mario Sunshine, Starfox Adventures, Turok Evolution and more. Do I need to say any more?
Sat 14/09/02 at 11:37
"How are you today?"
gamecube
Fri 13/09/02 at 19:55
Regular
oh can i do the making-the-topic-into-a-console-wars-bit?

Gamecube - plays games.

PS2 - plays games.

Xbox - plays games.

Dreamcast plays games.

hell even virtual boy - plays games.
Fri 13/09/02 at 19:19
Regular
"In and out :)"
From a Nintendo 64 view i would but the gamecube but the ps2 does have some good games like GTA3 and metal gear solid but i like the cube far better

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.