GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IN LIGHT OF THE PLAYSTATION 2 LAUNCH, HAS SONY LET US DOWN."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/11/00 at 17:09
Regular
Its been hyped up for months, now the day is upon us The Playstation2 has finally arrived. I`ve just been into town, not lucky enough myself to be able to afford or get a PS2. But there does seem to be a shortage of consoles,...maybe Sony has made its First Bad move.
We all know that the release Date for the PS2 was put back here, and that Sony decided to cut the British supplies here to supply the US market. But I dont really believe that the British Gamer can be treated badly anymore...we pay more for our consoles, and our games than any other country in the world, our games are 17% slower(due to the PAL TV system) and we get our games Last.
With the X-box on the Horizon next year aswell as Nintendos Gamecube, it may be that Sony has to fight for Second place with Nintendo and Microsoft in the U.K. Because down at the shops today alot of People were looking over those Dreamcast and DVD bundles as a Real alternative.
And why not...Sega was the dominant force in the UK in the 16 bit era, and they didnt let us down then. The Dreamcast has alot of good Games out, and more must have games than the Playstation2 had on show today. I wouldnt be suprised if Sales of the Dreamcast excel expectations this Christmas, Segas Console already has a vast collection of great games such as Resident Evil Code Veronica, House of the Dead 2, Dead or Alive 2, Soul Caliber,Quake III and Ready to Rumble Boxing- Round 2...so why not buy a Dreamcast, I see no reason not too. Special Reserve have a particularly good Dreamcast Package bundled with a multiregion DVD player for the same price as the PS2.

What do you get???

From Special Reserve- Dreamcast All Region DVD bundle

A Dreamcast, Sonic Adventure, Chu Chu Rocket, an Official Controller, BT approved modem and RF lead
Plus a Encore Direct 450 All Region DVD player and Scart Lead.

All the above for only £299.98

My advice is to get this bundle for Christmas, along with some of the other great games for the Dreamcast and some DVDs. The Dreamcast looks like its spearheading the Sega revival in the UK, and Sony will probably end up in Second place.
Tue 28/11/00 at 12:41
Ready 2 Rumble is a great game, I liked the fact that you could quickly pick up the control system and get down to some fun fighting. This was partially because the control system was similar for every character, which meant you could quickly take control of any character you wanted. It was a nice change from having to learn over and over again for each character as in Tekken...it also meant that Your freinds could pick the game up quickly and be half competant, so yould get a good fight. Definately a great multiplayer game the Playstation versions Great too.
Mon 27/11/00 at 23:35
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I found Ready 2 Rumble boxing a very addictive launch title on DC. Sonic was also a neat little game - especially when you were able to be the different characters :-)
Mon 27/11/00 at 22:23
Regular
"I like cheese"
No problem mate. GRIX, I still have that hockey and NFL cartridge. Come round and I'll be Sweden and I'll kick your a*s!!
Mon 27/11/00 at 21:58
Yes that EA double header pack for the megadrive was superb...EA icehockey was fast fun, a great multiplayer game...plus you could start fights.

Sorry I offended you Ant, but the Dreamcast also had House of the Dead 2 (and possibly Crazy Taxi aswell) at lauch, both great games.
Mon 27/11/00 at 21:15
Regular
In ISS 2000, my idea is to score from a cross or dummy the keeper!
Mon 27/11/00 at 21:13
Regular
One of the only games I was good at. I could win with any team.

I often played as Wales. It was really easy to score a goal. Just zig zag down the line, push to one side, then quickly turn to the other, shoot quickly, and it would go straight to the back of the goal.

I actually scored a goal in 2 seconds once. Honestly. I just punched the c button from the centre line, and it flew in. I replayed that for hours.
Mon 27/11/00 at 21:05
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
i'm glad your not modest Grix.
Mon 27/11/00 at 21:03
Regular
One of my favourite ever games is the hockey game that came with my Megadrive. The double header cartridge. Damn addictive that game was.

And I was amazing at it too.
Mon 27/11/00 at 20:59
Regular
read my ' to all console fans' topic.
Mon 27/11/00 at 20:59
One PS2 game that is being overlooked - at least in the UK, though it probably went down a storm in the US - is NHL 2001.

I bought it as a spur-of-the-moment purchase when I picked up my PS2, and it's amazing.

I'm in no way a hockey fan, but I can't put it down at the moment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.