GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Battle Engine Aquila"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/09/02 at 16:57
Regular
I can't buy the new OXM because of the Crazy Taxi 3 demo - (don't want to get too used to it before it comes out).

But if anyone has got it, what's the demo of Battle Engine Aquila like?

Some people on the OXM forums are raving about it saying it has amazingly detailed graphics and that the gameplay is brilliantly intense.

I've had my eye on this one for a while. I wish I could play the demo.... but I must resist. :)

So if anyone's played the demo, maybe you could tell us what you think?
Mon 09/09/02 at 16:57
Regular
I can't buy the new OXM because of the Crazy Taxi 3 demo - (don't want to get too used to it before it comes out).

But if anyone has got it, what's the demo of Battle Engine Aquila like?

Some people on the OXM forums are raving about it saying it has amazingly detailed graphics and that the gameplay is brilliantly intense.

I've had my eye on this one for a while. I wish I could play the demo.... but I must resist. :)

So if anyone's played the demo, maybe you could tell us what you think?
Mon 09/09/02 at 18:06
"For the horde!!!!"
Nomad Soul wrote:
> I can't buy the new OXM because of the Crazy Taxi 3 demo - (don't want
> to get too used to it before it comes out).
>
> But if anyone has got it, what's the demo of Battle Engine Aquila
> like?
>
> Some people on the OXM forums are raving about it saying it has
> amazingly detailed graphics and that the gameplay is brilliantly
> intense.
>
> I've had my eye on this one for a while. I wish I could play the
> demo.... but I must resist. :)
>
> So if anyone's played the demo, maybe you could tell us what you
> think?

just buy the dam mag
Mon 09/09/02 at 18:39
Regular
Gridloch wrote:
> just buy the dam mag

lol. I can't man. I've been waiting for Crazy Taxi 3 for 12 months. I don't wanna ruin by racking up 20 hours on the demo.
It's all about release day excitement. I know you understand. ;)
Mon 09/09/02 at 18:55
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Poor Nomad - going through all that torture. ;-)
Mon 09/09/02 at 19:15
Regular
*rocks from side to side* - This straight-jacket's fastened a bit tightly.

Have you got the new OXM Savatt?
Mon 09/09/02 at 19:51
Regular
I bought the mag today. I'll give the demo a spin and let you know what I think.
Mon 09/09/02 at 20:13
Regular
Thanks YH. I await your 10,000 word report lol.
Mon 09/09/02 at 20:37
Regular
"ProGolfer"
I think it seems wicked i enjoyed it but i dont understand very much. :(
Mon 09/09/02 at 22:14
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Nomad Soul wrote:
> *rocks from side to side* - This straight-jacket's fastened a bit
> tightly.
>
> Have you got the new OXM Savatt?

Not yet mate - will probably get it on Thursday or Friday. ;-)
If you want any reports about the demos I'll give you my verdict after I've played them. ;-)
Tue 10/09/02 at 10:20
Regular
First off, I'm not very good at it :0)

Second, I think the graphics are gorgeous. You start the first level approaching an Island. You're flying over the sea and the land is pretty close. The battle has already started, and you can see units moving about and weapons being fired.

It really feels like you're part of something bigger, as opposed to other games where it all seems to rely on you. I guess you could just hang back and let the CPU win the battle for you, but that would be boring.

I think I need to employ a little restraint though, as I always seemed to be off by myself getting the crap kicked out of me!

I'll try and play it a bit more today, and actually get good at the game. But frist impressions are that the graphics are great, the AI seems pretty damn smart, and this has suddenly jumped onto my list of possible buys. Not sure when it's out though...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.