GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Commandos 2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/09/02 at 13:58
Regular
Just got this today, havnt played any missions but have done some tutorials. I was dissapointed to find out there weas no multiplayer cooperative mode which i was lead to believe. Looks a promising game because it looks to be quite a challenge - we shall see. Anyone else have this game yet for the ps2?
Mon 16/09/02 at 13:50
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
I am currently trying to get the jail key from the officer in the "das boot, silent killers" level...great game by the way
Mon 16/09/02 at 11:31
Regular
"A man with a stick"
No problem, but things aren't going to get easier. Luckily though, the rest of the games missions have an open ended path for you to choose, so you can pretty much tackle the levels any way you see fit. Still going to hard though.
Sun 15/09/02 at 15:23
thanks dude, manages to get past it :)
Sat 14/09/02 at 11:53
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Yeah that invasion bit is a bit hard, but I eventually got through it.

First you should get the Sapper to put the two mines you can find lying around in some of the boxes of the level, on the road just where the enemy come from. This is for the tank which will appear from there.

Next you have to position everybody close to where the enemy troops charge from. You should lie them down or make them kneel facing the road in which the enemy comes from. It can be tricky getting the right angle for your soldiers, and chances are you may still not get it right the first couple of times.

If your soldiers keep getting killed, just move them closer to the edge of the map, not too close though, but enough to kill the enemy troops just ads they appear on the map, hopefully before they get a chance to shoot. Also, don't throw any explosives, they will blow up the mines you planted and therfore they will be nothing to stop the enemy tank.
Fri 13/09/02 at 19:37
Well i have progressed - a little. On the second training mission i managed to kill everyone and get to the phone in the hut but cant handle the invasion. Can anyone help me with this?
Tue 10/09/02 at 22:57
i havnt tried for a while, i just cant get to the stairs on the 2nd training mission. its so annoying
Sun 08/09/02 at 19:39
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Yeah, the training levels are a bit hard to say they are supposed to train players who have no understanding of the game. It took me a while to complete the 2nd training mission, I found it a bit too hard.

The later levels make up for this though, as they allow you to choose your own path when completing the levels.
Sun 08/09/02 at 15:34
dang namit, only got past first training mission, cant do the 2nd training one - probs wont even get onto the main game!
Sun 08/09/02 at 11:46
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The PC version has Multiplayer support, but from what I've heard, it isn't that good. You probably aren't missing out on much then when it comes to a co-op mode.
Sat 07/09/02 at 14:29
Taken from the SR commandos 2 ps2 game page:

'Game features include:

Stunning visuals. Completely new game engine enabling 4 camera views and playable interiors adding a whole new dimension to the game.

More Action!!! Faster paced gameplay - including ambushes and shoot-outs - but retaining the hallmark planning and investigation elements.

New character abilities. Team members are now able to carry and exchange objects and weapons and perform shared actions such as swimming or driving, but still retain their unique speciality abilities. Plus, 3 new characters.

A variety of new vehicles and weapons, including jeeps, tanks, trucks, ships, bazookas and flame-throwers.

All of the missions in Single-player mode will be playable in a co-operative Multi-player mode. '

the last one clearly states a multiplayer mode! Darn you SR !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.