GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Girls Want More Games!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/09/02 at 14:58
Regular
I don't know about the other female members on here (Mystique and erm.... *ahem*), but I'm a stereotypical girly girl! I'm naive (though I'm usually reluctant to admit it), I'm cute (oh, you know it's true) and I loathe all those gorey, action-y games and movies.

So what's my complaint?

I want more girly games!!!

I'm fine with the cutesy games like Super Mario 64 and just about every other Mario game ever made, but there are hardly any games being released that appeal to girls only... or at least not on the Gamecube, as far as I'm aware.

So here's what I'd like to see on the Gamecube SOON, or Nintendo had better preapare for my high heel in their unmentionables!!!

A Buffy game, where you can date Angel, Riley and all the other super hunky boys from the show. You could decidde where you want to go out on dates, what you want to wear and how far you are prepared to go. ;-)

That Brittney's Dance Beat game that I saw on the PlayStation 2. I'm sure there's no reason why it couldn't be made for the Gamecube at some point in the future.

The Sims - Girl's Night In - You can only play as girls and women and you live the girl's life of leisure, with make-up, loads of mirrors and bubble bath included.

Peach Sunshine - Instead of playing as Mario or Luigi, you play as Princess Peach. She could have special moves like high heel kicks, hand slaps and handbag wallops... and you would have to stop Bowser from demolishing the Mushroom Kingdom's hairdressor.

Amy Adventure - You play as Amy and have to fight your way through numerous levels to reach Sonic... and on the last level you must battle your way through the church in order to reach Sonic in time to marry him.

Cat Fight 2020 - You can choose from 15 all-girl characters and fight in loads of locations... from the Maternity Ward, to a futuristic Boots.

Shopping Mall Racer - Aliens have taken over the mall, and the men were sent in to fight them! Big mistake! Those beastly boys are shooting the aliens regardless of the alien blood and gloop they're spilling all over the precious clothes! You must complete 20 races through the mall to buy the clothes before the men ruin them completely!

Shopping Mall Racer 2 - The aliens have been defeated, and you managed to buy most of the clothes... but some were ruined, AND ARE DESTINED FOR BARGAIN-BIN SALES! You must once again race around the mall, and clean up all the ruined clothes before they are sold for £1.50 each.
Thu 05/09/02 at 21:27
Regular
"bit of a brain"
True, you are a girl, after all.
Yep. A girl. Not a man.
Thu 05/09/02 at 21:25
Hitmaker wrote:
> Hmmm.
> I'd much rather play a Buffy game in which she beats the living
> daylights out of vampires with *stylish* flying kicks and
> heart-puncturing wooden stakes.
>
> Hey, a bit like the new Buffy game that's coming out next week on the
> Xbox!
>
> Now that's what I call a proper girly game.

That sounded to me like Microsoft are paying you to advertise... but then what the hell do I know? ;-)
Thu 05/09/02 at 21:23
Regular
Hmmm.
I'd much rather play a Buffy game in which she beats the living daylights out of vampires with *stylish* flying kicks and heart-puncturing wooden stakes.

Hey, a bit like the new Buffy game that's coming out next week on the Xbox!

Now that's what I call a proper girly game.
Thu 05/09/02 at 20:50
No, can't forget that. :-D
Thu 05/09/02 at 20:44
Regular
Bubbly Babe wrote:

>
> Yeah we also do each others' make-up, and stay up all night talking
> about boys. :D

Don't forget teaching each other how to kiss
;op
Thu 05/09/02 at 20:38
Starlight wrote:
> Uhhhh Gurl!
>
> Anyway I think there should be a pillow fight, where lots of
> girlfriends get physical with their pillows and are all kitted out in
> their bed wear.
>
> I mean that's what girls get up to at "sleepovers" right?
>
> ;)

Yeah we also do each others' make-up, and stay up all night talking about boys. :D
Thu 05/09/02 at 18:42
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Iguana and Leprachaun, who have gone in to hiding like me it seems. We lurk.

Anyway, Iguana for one plays Quake 3, UT, CS, Diablo 2 and suchlike. Not all girls want that sort of fluffy game, heh, racing titles seem to be fairly popular among large numbers of them - however, as with blokes, they all like different things..

That said, I'm sure she'd love anything pink and fluffy too..
Thu 05/09/02 at 17:15
Regular
Mystique wrote:
> Aaayyy how *you* doin?

*blink* You talking to me?
Thu 05/09/02 at 17:12
Regular
Bubbly Babe wrote:
> I don't know about the other female members on here (Mystique and
> erm.... *ahem*)

Good point who else is there?

> but I'm a stereotypical girly girl! I'm naive (though
> I'm usually reluctant to admit it), I'm cute (oh, you know it's true)
> and I loathe all those gorey, action-y games and movies.

That has nothing to do with what sex you are, heheh i said se.., anyway some girls will like the blood and everything. And some boys wont be into blood and gore (im not, it isnt that im scared of it, its just i prefer to play good games no matter if they have blood or not).
And the your cute thing, prove it lol.

>
> So what's my complaint?

Im listening.
>
> I want more girly games!!!

God no.

>
> I'm fine with the cutesy games like Super Mario 64 and just about
> every other Mario game ever made, but there are hardly any games being
> released that appeal to girls only... or at least not on the Gamecube,
> as far as I'm aware.

I see the nintendo sales going right down now, i hope no one reads this post now whos from xbox or ps2 forum. girls only?? never happen, theres some weird men out there.
I cant think of any girly games, and i aint going into kiddy gaming.

>
> So here's what I'd like to see on the Gamecube SOON, or Nintendo had
> better preapare for my high heel in their unmentionables!!!

Hey, stop picking on the virtual boy and the handle.

> A Buffy game, where you can date Angel, Riley and all the other super
> hunky boys from the show. You could decidde where you want to go out
> on dates, what you want to wear and how far you are prepared to go.
> ;-)

Well for starters that wouldnt be a girl only game, well it all depends on how far the graphical detail goes with your choise of how far you will go.

> That Brittney's Dance Beat.

Becuase it was bad, very bad. Buying that is as bad as buying.... a really bad thing.

> The Sims - Girl's Night In

once again i see perverts buying this game.

> Peach Sunshine

We dont want an 18 rated game now do we?

>
> Amy Adventure - Sonic in time to marry him.

Sonic hates her, no chance in happening, plus will the honey moon be shown?

> Cat Fight 2020 - You can choose from 15 all-girl characters and fight
> in loads of locations... from the Maternity Ward, to a futuristic
> Boots.

blood, i see blood. Ripping off bras i see ripping off bras.

All in all those arnt really just girl games, more like the over 18 audiance, but never the less i see the sales blooming.
Thu 05/09/02 at 17:11
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Uhhhh Gurl!

Anyway I think there should be a pillow fight game, where lots of girlfriends get physical with their pillows and are all kitted out in their bed wear.

I mean that's what girls get up to at "sleepovers" right?

;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.