GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question for PS2 owners only..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/09/02 at 18:19
Regular
Just ordered Resident Evil on Gamecube today.

I'm not really the sort of person to devote myself to one console. I have a PS2 and Gamecube, but for die-hard Sony fans, especially ones who were big Resi fans, I was wondering what your thoughts were on Resi going GC exclusive.

Are you upset?

Would it make you buy a GC?

Or don't you care?

Just wondering really, as I know Resi was a flagship franchise and a major plus for PS fans. So...write.
Sat 07/09/02 at 14:23
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Gridloch wrote:
> i have System shock 2 on the PC and i must say it is very nerve
> recking. It was one of the first games i got for the PC so i was
> getting used to the controls, i think as soon as i got used to the
> controls i got more confident and kicked hybrid butt. Them monkeys
> were a right pain in it.

The game certainly was a tense highly atmospheric survival horror title, I also think it owed allot to sound such as when you could hear the mutants and creatures slowly approaching. Also the voice from showdan and the main alien creature sent shivers down my spine every time I heard them.

I do hope they developers can carry off the same effect for their PS2 game, as I've been wanting to play a game, which was as scary as System Shock 2 for ages.
Sat 07/09/02 at 14:14
Regular
I don't care.

Residenet Evil SUCKED. I have points, too:

a) Having third person First person controls is gay. You can't get into fast, intense battles, you can stand on the spot, rotate, walk forward, rotate, shoot, rotate... Very boring, not the sort of thing we want in games which are meant to include tense battles.

b) It's a bit stupid. On Resi 3 you have to get past a fire, which means about 4 hours running around doing stupid things trying to get past one fire. Couldn't you just way for the fire to go out, or jump it? Or climb over it?

c) It's not scary. Makes you jump, but it's not scary. Projct Zero is the only truly scary console game I've palyeed, yet Resi boasts about how scary it is.

So, you probably take it I don't like Resident Evil, no?
Fri 06/09/02 at 20:36
"For the horde!!!!"
cipro wrote:

And also the little
> mentioned 'The Lost' made by the same people who made System Shock 2
> on the PC, one of the scariest games I've ever played.
>

i have System shock 2 on the PC and i must say it is very nerve recking. It was one of the first games i got for the PC so i was getting used to the controls, i think as soon as i got used to the controls i got more confident and kicked hybrid butt. Them monkeys were a right pain in it.
Wed 04/09/02 at 12:36
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Yep, I too am a fan of the series, and an owner of a GC. I'm not at all upset about the series going to the cube, and am greatly looking forward to the first resi making it's appearance this month, which I always though was one of the best of the series.

I think it's good the series being updated, Sure the bulk of these updates mainly lye in the graphics, but allot more has been added besides which should make the game much more interesting and fun than the first resi on the PS1.

Besides, the PS2 wont be short of a few survival horror games.

Silent Hill 3 should be out next year, which is much more atmospheric than resi in my opinion. The Thing also should be out soon, which has been getting some good reviews, and sounds just as scary as the film. Devil May Cry 2, which more action orientated, but still has some neat little touches to add to the overall atmosphere. And also the little mentioned 'The Lost' made by the same people who made System Shock 2 on the PC, one of the scariest games I've ever played.

I've always thought the resi series was getting on a bit, Code Veronica was disappointing to say the least, but with a good line up of new and exciting looking Survival horror titles, I don't think the series will be missed much by PS2 owners.
Tue 03/09/02 at 22:53
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I love the Resident Evil games so I had to get a GC. Plus there are tons of good games on the GC as well. I have a PS2, XBox and GC, so I am ok in getting all the good exclusives that come out for each console.
Tue 03/09/02 at 22:04
Regular
"Back For Good"
RM18 wrote:
> Just wondering really, as I know Resi was a flagship franchise and a
> major plus for PS fans. So...write.

Looking at Capcom's games on the PS2 they were right to head for the gamecube, Devil May Cry was a great game but the PAL conversion was terrible leaving the action slow and borders unforgivable!! The last thing I wanted to see was Resident Evil 4 go down the same route, Alas Resident Evil 1 to be completly remade, ports of 2,3 and CVX not to mention Zero and I just can't miss Resident Evil 4 however long it takes. Nope they were right to move it then when the PS2 was a bit of a loose cannon but now it's proven it's success and I think Capcom may have been better off with it, Either way the gamecube is a must for me and the remake aint far off :-)
Tue 03/09/02 at 20:17
I am not to bothered about it. Although I also have both the PS2 and Gamecube, and have already ordered Resi. But it doesn't make too much difference really. While Gamecube fans will get Resi games, Ps2 Fans will get Devil May Cry. Everyone's happy.
Tue 03/09/02 at 20:17
"High polygon count"
I was a little disappointed, moreso over the 'new' games than the remake of the original. I'm a big fan of the RE series, and have bought all of the games with the exception of Gun Survivor 2.

Still, I have a GC, and I have RE on order at Game.

Also, while I'm not generally a fan of online gaming, I am quite looking forward to RE Online on the PS2, which from the limited footage I've seen so far, looks amazing.
Tue 03/09/02 at 20:16
Regular
"Hmmm....."
KR wrote:
> Devil may cry 2 will be better then the resi game on GC in my biased
> view ;)

--------

Damn right!

DMC rules and im sure DMC2 will rule more.
Tue 03/09/02 at 20:16
Regular
"Hmmm....."
To be honest, I was getting quite bored with RE.

I wouldnt have bought a GC for that alone, but if I had a GC.... I would probably buy it...

The way I see it, there's not going to be anything new.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.