GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X Box Sucks!!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/09/02 at 16:30
Regular
Now that I have your attention I need some advice!

Im thinking of purchasing an X Box, even more so now that the price has dropped. However I already own a PS2 and GC which Im extremely happy with but I want to know if there is room for all three consoles - Does anyone here own all three? If so which do you play the most?

There are loads of exclusive games I want to get like Halo 1+2, JSRF, Project Gotham 1+2, Buffy, Crazy Taxi 3 etc... Then there is X Box Live plus the rumors of Microsoft buying Rare which is even more tempting!

Any feedback would be appreciated!
Wed 04/09/02 at 20:03
Regular
"Whatever!"
Thanks for all the feedback - I have decided that I will be getting an X-Box with Halo hopefully in a few weeks time and if I can afford it Project Gotham aswell! I cant wait
Wed 04/09/02 at 16:19
Regular
Sales Executive hey? Hmmmm......

:-D

I know stats don't matter, games do - thats why i brought my Xbox Excellent Games!
Wed 04/09/02 at 01:01
Regular
I'll be owner of all 3 consoles in the morning (depending upon mail system).

If you got the money, then sure! go for it!

You'd be missing out on a hella lot of games that we will only see on Xbox. And at the current price you cant really go wrong.

Thats my view anyways.
Wed 04/09/02 at 00:16
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Whoever it was, stats don't sell consoles, sure they look good on paper but it's the games you play not the numbers on chips inside the box. (Plus I'm pretty damn sure you got some of those stats wrong GC wise)

That's why I prefer Nintendo to any other consoles, in my opinion Nintendo offer the most original and fun games going. I like the other two as well, I'm just saying if I had to choose. :)
Wed 04/09/02 at 00:01
Regular
:-D!
Tue 03/09/02 at 23:57
"High polygon count"
Strafex wrote:
> If we can all just boycott it for another 2 months ro so, God knows
> how low we can force MS to cut it!
> We could have it down to 100 pounds by Christmas... ;-D

Well, a logical pattern is emerging. Wait another 6 months and you'll be getting them free with packets of Cornflakes.
Tue 03/09/02 at 23:55
Regular
Don't forget that the Gamecube has faster Ram and Cache which give's it's speed a futher boost... :-)

At the end of the day, it down to games.

Res was being a nonse as usual.
Getting a PS2 and an Xbox is wrong because they're both the same style - offer the same sort of games.

Choose between one of these two and sit them besides a Gamecube which has it's own unique style. Some may call the bright coloured games "kiddie", but anyone who is post-pubescent will recognise them as some of the greatest games around.

Mattyboy, I would recommend you get an Xbox, only do me a favour:

If we can all just boycott it for another 2 months ro so, God knows how low we can force MS to cut it!
We could have it down to 100 pounds by Christmas... ;-D
Tue 03/09/02 at 22:46
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Nomad Soul wrote:
> Woah, gamezfreak! Someone should hire you as an XBOX sales executive
> :)

Well alot of the stuff he said is true but then again false in reality. The processor of the GC is 485Mhz compared to the 733Mhz of the XBox, but the 2 processors are different. The GC processor is in fact the equivalent to a 800+Mhz processor of the same type as the XBox. So in fact the GC processor is better than the XBox.

All 3 consoles can't be directly compared as each uses different technolgy that works in a different way. All 3 are nearly equal in power. XBox uses lots of Bump Mapping, and looks great and the harddrive makes game worlds seem endless. Halo probably would'nt be possible on any other console. Rogue Leader 2 on the GC looks amazing, with graphics that blow alot of XBox games straight out of the water.
Tue 03/09/02 at 22:40
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Hitmaker wrote:
> If you can afford it, then what have you got to lose? And if you're a
> Crazy Taxi fan like me, then it's the only place to be.

Crazy Taxi 3 has turned out a bit of a stinker. All the reviews I've read and seen have given an average score, and these reviewers were fans of the 2 previous games on the DC. I was looking forward to Crazy Taxi 3 on the XBox, so I am a little disappointed in the way Sega has'nt made another great Crazy Taxi game.
Tue 03/09/02 at 21:17
Regular
Woah, gamezfreak! Someone should hire you as an XBOX sales executive :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.