GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Copularity Pontest"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/09/02 at 14:26
Regular
No, no, no, no, shut the shag up.

What's the point? Seriously? Why can't you just be bloody happy with who you are, do whatever YOU want to do, and live that way instead? Pile of mooks.

It's so damn tense in here. A newbie comes in and he's shouted at straight away, hell, because we were all perfect writers when we came here, weren't we? Hell, most of the gimps that chase them away I'd wish would leave anyway, not because they drive me insane, but because they're boring sods that bring nothing but less leg room to these forums.

Rant over for the moment.
Wed 04/09/02 at 22:05
sorry, couldnt see your hand gestures indicating it was a joke
Wed 04/09/02 at 22:04
Regular
Mr. Chainsaw wrote:
> how can u be anything but mouth on a chat forum?

It was just a smiling reference to the Story of Amneshire in the Life forum. I recommend that the whole world read it.
Wed 04/09/02 at 22:00
Regular
Oops! I missed the point the first time round! :-D

I see what you mean:

Even you've lost a little character over the past two years.
What happened to your brain?

(You know, the one that used to talk like this!) :-)

Anyway, my brain has nearly recovered from those darned AS's, as well as some other events around that time.
My head is often buzzing, I just need to start making hard copies of my ideas...

FoG story's haven't worked lately.

Problem is, although most of us have bursts of creativity, it tends to be at different times so it generally doesn't flow.
Wed 04/09/02 at 21:58
i meant like, its all words on here. so cant really have a fight. Writing stuff on here doesnt mean jack, just passes the time for me really. Sometimes i come across an interesting post but take them all with a pinch of salt as you never know if someones writing it just to be 'cool' or whether they actually mean it
Wed 04/09/02 at 21:55
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I usually post on Manics forum these days instead of here

Usually post some proper stuff in Life forum... talk about music in that forum... and post the biggets load of garabge in chat.

I know I post crap here... but everything else is boring in my opinion.
Wed 04/09/02 at 21:52
Strafex wrote:
> Leon's all mouth.
>
> A bit sheepish when it somes to it.
>
> Send in Seiyo!
> He'll sort them good and proper! :-)

how can u be anything but mouth on a chat forum?
Wed 04/09/02 at 21:46
Regular
Meka Dragon wrote:

"Ne'er mind. I've got used to it though now. Just lol at the prompt and follow the motions, originality died. Spit at the noob and you'll be fine."

"Gotta fit in, be copular, can't discuss games, been done before, turn on, tune in, cop out. Do nothing new, add nothing, you'll get along just fine."

I know. We know, I should say. What I really want to do, is to just get a load of us together, get a story going, get some games going, a rota for writing, I don't know, anything. Just get all the characters on this site working.

Because, as...

VenomByte wrote:

"Is it because there are too many people around these days, or is it just that all the people around are too similar?"

There really aren't enough characters on here. Not enough to really help us stand out above the penguins. [Larson, I salute you.]

So? Inspire the people who can make a difference. Let's pretend, for some strange moment, that not everyone has the power to make a difference... not because they're a staff member or because they're sleeping with a staff member... but because people want the same thing as them, a return of imagination to these damn forums. Instead of rip offs of something they've seen on tv.

By now, I really should give up. I should say I can't be bothered, nobody ever wants to get this back into a community instead of a city... and we'll all end up in a big depression again.

The thing is, I'll look at the forums, think about trying to inspire people, and think to myself "I've tried so much, it doesn't work, maybe one day someone will come along that really does have the power to inspire people, and he'll get us all laughing again." I kinda see that's not true now. If you want inspiration, if you want to laugh, if you want to see people on here, then we really have to get back writing. And that's all there is to it.

I'm not sitting at a head of a table addressing you all here, like it often seems like, this is just someone who used to come on here and find it difficult to see what would win gameaday today, who now comes on and finds it difficult to find anything worthy. Oh. Maybe the spoof will win, who knows?

Yeah, this place sucks at times, and sometimes, usually on Life, you can go on and laugh your head off, or read some really fantastic stuff. But it's getting worse and worse and worse and we need imaginative stuff, lots of it.

I've rambled enough, that's what I think, that's what I've thought for a long time, and I've said it plenty of times. I just refuse to leave because I refuse to give up hope on this place.

Maybe we need a starting point. Mmm.
Wed 04/09/02 at 20:26
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Grix Thraves wrote:
> A year ago, most people would have got this. Ah well.
>
> Ne'er mind. I've got used to it though now. Just lol at the prompt and
> follow the motions, originality died. Spit at the noob and you'll be
> fine.
>
> Gotta fit in, be copular, can't discuss games, been done before, turn
> on, tune in, cop out. Do nothing new, add nothing, you'll get along
> just fine.

Hit --> Nail/Head

Whenever I see a copularity pontest these days, I tend to ignore it. Not because I don't want to reply to it, but because I know I have very little to say about most of the posters on it. Sure, I could say somethign about their name, or some pointless fact I've picked up, but that's just pointless. Yet I can't write about most people, because nothing springs to mind. Nothing stands out. I know the name, I've seen it on many posts, but I haven't associated an image with it.

Is it because there are too many people around these days, or is it just that all the people around are too similar?
Wed 04/09/02 at 10:11
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Grix Thraves wrote:
> A year ago, most people would have got this. Ah well.
>
> Ne'er mind. I've got used to it though now. Just lol at the prompt and
> follow the motions, originality died. Spit at the noob and you'll be
> fine.
>
> Gotta fit in, be copular, can't discuss games, been done before, turn
> on, tune in, cop out. Do nothing new, add nothing, you'll get along
> just fine.

HE SAID COPULAR! HE USED MY PHRASE! W00T! :)
Tue 03/09/02 at 22:59
Regular
Leon's all mouth.

A bit sheepish when it somes to it.

Send in Seiyo!
He'll sort them good and proper! :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.