GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox 360 Tour thing"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/11/05 at 12:19
Regular
Has anyone been to one of these? I'm thinking of going to the one in london the weekend after next.

However, I want to find out a bit more about it first. I don't really fancy an hour on the train each way, plus the tube, then a 2 1/2 hour queue (like at gamestars live) for only 5 mins on the machine.

So basically, any info much appreciated.

Cheers.
Thu 17/11/05 at 16:42
Regular
The thing I'm more interested in is how busy it was, and whether there was a huge amount of queuing.
Thu 17/11/05 at 16:30
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
The one in Glasgow was pretty good, or so I heard. Not a lot of great games on offer, but the people I know that went enjoyed it quite a lot.

There are some single-player systems on the walls, and then 4 TVs on a single square box-type-thingy, with couches surrounding them.

That is, if the rest are anything like the Glasgow one.
Thu 17/11/05 at 16:05
Regular
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> I'm going to the leeds one..Bullett as you know leeds..is it in the
> town centre? I'm driving from Middlesbrough area. Cheers.

Er, it's in the centre of the City, pretty much.

Look for the Headrow (one of the main streets) - The Light is nex to the Town Hall, there's a big SAS Hotel on the end of it.

The Light has it's own underground parking, accessed to the rear (opposite side from the Headrow)

Here's a compressed map from Google Earth:

[URL]http://img484.imageshack.us/my.php?image=map5te.gif[/URL]

You'll be coming in from the Northeast so will probabke hit the Headrow heading West. If you do, you'll see the Light before you need to turn. Once you see it, turn right directly after it. Follow that road till you turn right again. Go up a bit more and you'll see a turn off at Jongleur's Comedy Club. That's the entrance to parking.

Hope that was enough - failing that, asking for directions never fails :D
Thu 17/11/05 at 14:12
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Have just played on the 360 at my local gamestation.

They only have playable demos of COD2 & King Kong (which I didnt play), but pleased to say everything is looking rosey!

Controller is smaller than you expect though!

PGR3 looks sweet in full 26" HD (shame I dont have one really)
Thu 17/11/05 at 14:07
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
Would'nt it better if you just waited till it comes out, which is only in a few weeks anyway. It would be a lot easier anyway! :-)
Thu 17/11/05 at 13:28
Regular
"Touched!"
I'm going to the leeds one..Bullett as you know leeds..is it in the town centre? I'm driving from Middlesbrough area. Cheers.
Thu 17/11/05 at 13:00
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Keep telling yourself that. ;-) As December 2nd edges closer you'll get more desperate, selling anything you need to to help raise the funds. If you last till launch, then us gits raving about it will make you turn over to the 360 side. ;-) *Emperor laugh*
Thu 17/11/05 at 12:36
Regular
English Redneck wrote:
> I'm sorta caught between going or not. Be great to play it, but then
> it'd be great to play everything for the first time on launch. :-)

I just know that when I play one, it's going to push me over the edge into getting one. But I really can't get one until at least next summer... :-(
Thu 17/11/05 at 12:35
Regular
Bullett, if you could let me know that would be spot on :-)

[email protected] just in case this place isn't about come next monday.

And no, it's not a type on my part :-)
Thu 17/11/05 at 12:25
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'm sorta caught between going or not. Be great to play it, but then it'd be great to play everything for the first time on launch. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.