GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Charity"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/11/00 at 13:11
Regular
Just had a brilliant idea. Christmas soon, but just think about all those poor kids who won't be at home for that special day. Stuck in hospital or whatever. Here's the deal.

For the first 2 weeks in December, all Gameaday winners donate their winnings to Great Ormond Street Hospital for the kids there to reap the benefit of, from us. If we all agree to this, then perhaps we can lobby SR to send a console along with it, like a DC or something.

At least that way those guys know that someone is thinking of them, and it should make them a little happier over the festive period whilst the rest of us are burning turkeys and pulling crackers. I'm up for it. Should I win between the 1st and the 14th December then I'd happily donate my prize to them, as long as SR agree to it and send a console along too. Anyone else?
Thu 23/11/00 at 13:11
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Just had a brilliant idea. Christmas soon, but just think about all those poor kids who won't be at home for that special day. Stuck in hospital or whatever. Here's the deal.

For the first 2 weeks in December, all Gameaday winners donate their winnings to Great Ormond Street Hospital for the kids there to reap the benefit of, from us. If we all agree to this, then perhaps we can lobby SR to send a console along with it, like a DC or something.

At least that way those guys know that someone is thinking of them, and it should make them a little happier over the festive period whilst the rest of us are burning turkeys and pulling crackers. I'm up for it. Should I win between the 1st and the 14th December then I'd happily donate my prize to them, as long as SR agree to it and send a console along too. Anyone else?
Thu 23/11/00 at 13:35
Great Idea, we dont always consider people less fortunate than ourselves. So if I win Between the 1st and 14th of December then SR can send the winning game to Great Ormond Street. Hopefully SR will then send a Console to the Kids too!

Just make sure if this happens that SR send multiplayer games like Soul Caliber on the Dreamcast(or has that got to high an age rating???), well you get the idea...multiplayer so more Kids can have fun!
Thu 23/11/00 at 17:08
Regular
Me too SR, if by some chance I win again, send it to GOS during the first two weeks.

Unfortuanltly it's probably going to be newbies, who won't agree to it. Ah well.

Fourteen games and a console. They will be pleased. There has to be four controllers though.
Thu 23/11/00 at 17:14
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah its a nice idea - watch me take my 1 and only victory in those 2 weeks. Story of my life that ;-)
Thu 23/11/00 at 17:59
Regular
That's 4 votes, c'mon, it's not compulsory, but if you support this idea post here.
Thu 23/11/00 at 18:30
Regular
It couldn't be compulsory, but if we get enough people to agree to it then it would be a good thing is SR stumped up for a console too. Should someone who hasn't agreed win during the first two weeks of December, by all means they can keep their prize and I wouldn't hold it against them, I don't think any of us would.

And profit or no, we'd all like to see our favorite site make a nice gesture for charity at one time or another. However, I respect that SR is a business, not a charity, and would not like to be seen to be forcing them into a tight spot by requesting a charitable act when they simply cannot comply with such a request.

In line with this, I am still prepared to donate my winnings to Great Ormond Street Hospital during the aforementioned period, console forthcoming or not. Should I win, I'll confirm this when e-mailing to claim the respective prize. (What are the odds of that happening, eh?)
Thu 23/11/00 at 18:34
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
not just the games you've won, I have some games i don't play anymore, not the bad ones but games like Zelda/Goldeneye not my precious Lylat wars which came through my door this morning, but otherwise I have no problem giving things away, maybe they would apreciate a copy of my games aswell(home made PC games).
Thu 23/11/00 at 18:41
Regular
"I like cheese"
Errrrr...I was trying to win TimeSplitters but...WHAT THE HELL!!! I AGREE!!! IF IO WIN IN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS I'LL GIVE ME PRIZE AWAY!!
Thu 23/11/00 at 18:42
Regular
Sweet, sweet charity! Oh wait i hate the opera!
Thu 23/11/00 at 18:49
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
If you give a game you win to charity then let us know. Or tell us if you want the value added to a pool to purchase a complete kit (e.g. console and TV) rather than give individual games.

We'll keep a list of these and publish it on our site and in the magazine.

We might even add a line to the Gameaday winners list to show the name of the charity it was given to.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.