GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mobile phone Help required!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/09/02 at 19:18
Regular
I have decided that my brick needs upgrading. As it isn't user friendly and is pretty unreliable. It is actually a hunk of junk. Anyway i'm thinking about getting a new phone and so decided to go to my local high street retailers and see what was on offer. Anyway I have £100 budget and I want to be on pay as you go and preferably on O2. (Wap is a strong Preference)

The best 2 i saw on O2 were:

Motorola V50- for £99.99-various retailers

This phone is small and quite likeable but i don't really care to much about its size as long as it isn't a complete brick. It seems a good phone but im leaning towards the other alternative:

Nokia 3330-

Good common phone so should be no problem stealing some ones battery or charger if it runs out an inconvenient time. more user friendly and still fairly small. I think this could be the right choice but there are two options:

Sim free: £99.00 carphone warehouse
T-mobile: £69.00 a couple of places

obviously the lower priced phone is preferred but i'd like to stay with O2. Is it possible to get it unlocked easily or am i better off not being stingey and buying the sim free one.

Anyway I'd appreciate the opinion of someody in the know about phones, or even better alternate suggestions (don't mind going a little over budget!). Info on the phones and your experience would be appreciated. Or just suggestions on what you think i should get.

Thanks.
Ashley
Tue 03/09/02 at 15:17
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Dead Wonder wrote:
> *Ahem* That stands for Howard Lloyd!

I make sure my email isn't my name my middle name is "Henry" for god sake lol ;D
Mon 02/09/02 at 20:37
Regular
*Ahem* That stands for Howard Lloyd!
Mon 02/09/02 at 20:32
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Cubist- can you also add me to MSN? :) [email protected]
Mon 02/09/02 at 20:20
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Yeah sure glad to help :D
Mon 02/09/02 at 20:19
Regular
cubist if you have MSn can you add me: [email protected]

i'd like to find out a bit more about strange overly jargoned phone tech
Mon 02/09/02 at 20:18
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Also, whilst using GPRS, you don't have to pay for call charges, only for hwta you download!

:D
Mon 02/09/02 at 20:14
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Ashley wrote:
> The siemens M50 enters the battle. Can somebdy tell me what GPRS
> stands for. Im guessing some global positioning rubbish but im
> probably wrong!

With GPRS you can be continuously connected to data networks and access your favorite information and entertainment services. You can stay logged onto the Internet or your email account all the time, without worrying about how long you've been connected. You just turn on, tune in, and download - whenever you like. Hope that helps :D
Mon 02/09/02 at 20:10
Regular
i saw a 3210 on virgin for £50. But i want more! I like wap and stuff and computer compatability and all that other rubbish!
Mon 02/09/02 at 20:08
Regular
I got a 3310 (ahem, what does it matter if it's not WAP) on Virgin for £99.99 with £25 free calling credit. Go to the V Shop, Virgin Megastores, V Mega Extra or www.virginmobile.com (or something like that) for more...
Mon 02/09/02 at 20:07
Regular
The siemens M50 enters the battle. Can somebdy tell me what GPRS stands for. Im guessing some global positioning rubbish but im probably wrong!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.